Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ONE NEARLY DONE? BID MADE !! "

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:56 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16688143.stm it says we offered 800k :ayatollah:

So did we offer £500k or £800k ? the 800k seems more of a sensible offer for the type of player he is! go back with £800k + Earnie ;)

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Apparently it was a bid of £800,000.

Now, unless they're going offer another player in addition to the money, I can't see City wanting to spend £1m on the lad at the moment - no matter how good he is.

Remember, the budget isn't huge and they still need a striker. I'm guessing they'd come in on a loan deal though?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Jollffe wrote:Apparently it was a bid of £800,000.

Now, unless they're going offer another player in addition to the money, I can't see City wanting to spend £1m on the lad at the moment - no matter how good he is.

Remember, the budget isn't huge and they still need a striker. I'm guessing they'd come in on a loan deal though?

Cant see a loan happening? from Blackpool to Cardiff we go up (IF) and then he goes back to Blackpool?? Not malky's way - If we are in for him - then we have to buy him IMO.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Cant see a loan happening? from Blackpool to Cardiff we go up (IF) and then he goes back to Blackpool?? Not malky's way - If we are in for him - then we have to buy him IMO.

Was referring to a potential striker with the loan. :ayatollah:

Just can't see City forking out over £800k for Phillips and then an additional £500k+ on a decent striker (and if it's Mackie, £1m+).

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Jollffe wrote:

Was referring to a potential striker with the loan. :ayatollah:

Just can't see City forking out over £800k for Phillips and then an additional £500k+ on a decent striker (and if it's Mackie, £1m+).

Ahh right yeah! well most people said they'd be happy to bring in 2 quality players? so if the budget goes on say Phillips, then we find a quality striker from the prem to come in on loan..... I agree. :ayatollah:

Re: ONE NEARLY DONE? BID MADE !!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:42 pm

publaccfc wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6PaOZk9z6E take a look at this he get a grate hatrick

He scored 2 in that game btw

Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:45 pm

I think what we are all forgetting here is that no-one knows for certain what war chest Malky has been promised from the Malaysians. Could it be that we have a couple of million to spend on additional players and Malky is playing his hand close to his chest and testing the water??? Just my opinion of course.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:03 pm

I'll be quite honest with everyone, i don;t think this information should have leaked out by Carl,the Media or whoever. All parties have alerted other interested clubs before a deal has been struck.We have only ourselves to blame if the signing goes pear shaped.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Blue Steel wrote:I'll be quite honest with everyone, i don;t think this information should have leaked out by Carl,the Media or whoever. All parties have alerted other interested clubs before a deal has been struck.We have only ourselves to blame if the signing goes pear shaped.

It came out on Walesonline :roll:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:06 pm

KP1964 wrote:I think what we are all forgetting here is that no-one knows for certain what war chest Malky has been promised from the Malaysians. Could it be that we have a couple of million to spend on additional players and Malky is playing his hand close to his chest and testing the water??? Just my opinion of course.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

For some reason (which I can't explain) I have a feeling you might be right.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Blue Steel wrote:I'll be quite honest with everyone, i don;t think this information should have leaked out by Carl,the Media or whoever. All parties have alerted other interested clubs before a deal has been struck.We have only ourselves to blame if the signing goes pear shaped.

I wouldn't put too much value on that. Agents are the ones who alert other clubs that a deals can be hi-jacked (its their job and they get very well paid for it), so blaming Carl should this deal fall through would be a gross over-reation.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Nearly done , Carl they ll want 2m plus for him!!!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:18 pm

How can you say the deal is nearly done when they rejected our bid? :?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:28 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I wouldn't put too much value on that. Agents are the ones who alert other clubs that a deals can be hi-jacked (its their job and they get very well paid for it), so blaming Carl should this deal fall through would be a gross over-reation.

Tony,i'm not blaming Carl specifically,i'm blaming "whoever" released the information. I personally don't think that information like this should be released before the player has signed.If this deal goes pear shaped Malky will be absolutely fuming

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:31 pm

He aint going to be sold for a derisory 800K! would be like us selling mason for 800k we'd be fuming.

Carl and Media Wales interact and so just because Media Wales broke the story doesn't mean for certain Carl didnt possess the info first. Malky will be fuming at the 'leaking' culture at the club.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Jollffe wrote:Apparently it was a bid of £800,000.

This kid is really good though - I know Holloway talks a bit of rubbish sometimes, but I think his comments aren't too far off the mark. Perhaps he won't play for Manchester United or Arsenal, but he could certainly more than hold his own in the Premier League. If we've got the money, we should go for him. Him and Noone are roughly the same age I think, and Phillips would appear to be the better option - both short-term and long-term.

However, in terms of a new striker; we've already got Miller, Gestede, Mason (who can play with Gestede/Miller in a pair up front) and even Earnshaw who played well at WBA. Maybe another on loan would further bolster the ranks, but I don't think it's essential. I think another central midfielder would be of a greater priority.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:35 pm

KP1964 wrote:I think what we are all forgetting here is that no-one knows for certain what war chest Malky has been promised from the Malaysians. Could it be that we have a couple of million to spend on additional players and Malky is playing his hand close to his chest and testing the water??? Just my opinion of course.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What's with the angry emoticons? :lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:36 pm

If one nearly done and it's not phillips and its defo not Craig no one , who could I be?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:47 pm

bluebird14 wrote:If one nearly done and it's not phillips and its defo not Craig no one , who could I be?

Jamie Mackie!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:49 pm

I was told pre-season that the cardiff board wanted to sign players with a re-sale value this season, Phillips would fit this bill so maybye Malky will break the bank to get him

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:05 pm

marcpccfc wrote:He aint going to be sold for a derisory 800K! would be like us selling mason for 800k we'd be fuming.

Carl and Media Wales interact and so just because Media Wales broke the story doesn't mean for certain Carl didnt possess the info first. Malky will be fuming at the 'leaking' culture at the club.

Are you 100% certain that Malky is fuming?

Because I can 100% guarantee that he is not.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:05 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:I was told pre-season that the cardiff board wanted to sign players with a re-sale value this season, Phillips would fit this bill so maybye Malky will break the bank to get him

Smart strategy that is - it's what clubs at this level and below need to do really.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:08 pm

And whose to say that this information was not intended to be put out for the club's benift? Malky himself could have pulled the trigger on the info going out. We just don't know. Malky has played things very close to the vest this season and we really have not gooten anything before it happens, unless he wanted us to....so all of a sudden they dropped the ball and Carl leaked it? Not buying it. There was intent here.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Ollie bound to be talking up his player, wasn't he on a % of Charlie Adams fee ?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:25 pm

I have been reliably informed that on Phillips, one of the stumbling blocks is a big sell on clause to his previous club.

The kind of clause we never, ever, write into our contracts. lol

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Don't they owe 350k to Wycombe after a certain amount of appearances - he has played 47 games for Blackpool perhaps that kicks in after 3 more appearances?? Don't know how that effects the deal though

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:04 pm

greenlawler wrote:

And whose to say that this information was not intended to be put out for the club's benift? Malky himself could have pulled the trigger on the info going out. We just don't know. Malky has played things very close to the vest this season and we really have not gooten anything before it happens, unless he wanted us to....so all of a sudden they dropped the ball and Carl leaked it? Not buying it. There was intent here.

Carl/Malky/Cardiff City/Wales media have all agreed to only nowadays put stuff out once City and Malky are happy with it and this is the case here, we are all sticking by our word. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:32 pm

He's not played in the league cup either according to wiki...

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:06 pm

top top player and he is young if we do sign him bet blackpool will put a sell on clause one the deal

hell of a player

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:08 pm

marcpccfc wrote:He aint going to be sold for a derisory 800K! would be like us selling mason for 800k we'd be fuming.

no it wouldnt he only has a year on his contract so £500K to £800K would be about right. Mason has 2 1/2 years left on his contract :lol: :lol: :lol: