Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ONE NEARLY DONE? BID MADE !! "

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:46 pm

:lol:
Forever Blue wrote:
aj1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:A bid has been made for Matt Phillips of Blackpool the offer has been rejected but the club are confident a deal can be struck and he could be a City player in the next few days :ayatollah:

Carlos, We agreed last night not to put it out, Hmm.

Annis Carl betrayed you ..... Here's a chance for revenge..... Tell us all known targets. :lol:

I just rang, City need to up there bid a little bit more. :ayatollah:

:lol: - Just a little bit, well throw in Gyepes, Parkin and Earnie then as well! ;) problem solved!

stickywicket wrote:Mickey Mouse bids being made.
Clubs seemed to value their players higher than we are prepared to pay.
Worrying :old:

It is very worrying.

Sure carl isn't confusing Kevin Phillips?? no disrespect but we will not be signing a playoff rivals best player. :ayatollah:

thay needed to up the noone bid and thay dident i dont think we have the money to get him :(

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
aj1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:A bid has been made for Matt Phillips of Blackpool the offer has been rejected but the club are confident a deal can be struck and he could be a City player in the next few days :ayatollah:

Carlos, We agreed last night not to put it out, Hmm.

Annis Carl betrayed you ..... Here's a chance for revenge..... Tell us all known targets. :lol:

:lol:
I just rang, City need to up there bid a little bit more. :ayatollah:

According to their fans and an article on Sky there has been Premiership interest and he's valued around 3m by Blackpool :o can't see this signing happening but really hope i'm wrong :ayatollah:

Great bit of business form the clubs behalf if we can sign him, would be a great accusation to the squad

SamCCFC1927 wrote:Do you think we will up our bid? :ayatollah:

Sam, The Malaysians have increased our budget due to our success, but not by a lot.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:48 pm

would be nice but i just cant see it happening.

just read this quote off sky sports, holloway : People can come and ask about him, but until he gets into one of the top four or five clubs he is better off staying with us, where he can play every week. And anyway, we might catch those top four or five the way we are going.

Is he on about the same Blackpool as we are? the guy is a nutcase lol :lol: :lol:

Doesn't sound very promising :roll:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Sam, The Malaysians have increased our budget due to our success, but not by a lot.

If Malky's trip was a success and we managed to raise the spending budget, why didn't Malky come back and make Brighton a more sensible bid for Noone? (£800,000) ? or has he already? ;) :lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Excellent if it comes off. Is this one of the medical slots?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:52 pm

stickywicket wrote:Mickey Mouse bids being made.
Clubs seemed to value their players higher than we are prepared to pay.
Worrying :old:

I think its more a case of us bidding what they are worth rather than paying in inflated prices clubs want in January. If we want anyone decent we are going to have to pay 50% more than what there real value is IMO

Carl has been a bit too rash in putting this out there. a bit of short term excitement when you read the name... a bit of deceipt when you read the facts

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

If Malky's trip was a success and we managed to raise the spending budget, why didn't Malky come back and make Brighton a more sensible bid for Noone? (£800,000) ? or has he already? ;) :lol:

I said due to Cardiff City's success, we have had our budget increased. Personally I still feel they are not backing Malky enough, but thats just my opinion.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:55 pm

maybe our new director his doing his bit for cardiff city fc :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:03 pm

annis it was apparently on wales online, so carl has let nobody down, if thats true, he's waited until it was announced somewhere else

just spoke to carl, this is one of the guys who we have penciled in a medical for,

and im sure were going to have to offer a bit more than the 500k to get him. :ayatollah:

in malkey (and carl) we trust :D

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 pm

marcpccfc wrote:Carl has been a bit too rash in putting this out there. a bit of short term excitement when you read the name... a bit of deceipt when you read the facts

Carl didnt put it out there, walesonline named the player first, Carl just gave a hint....then he named him when he found out it was already on walesonline....

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:05 pm

marcpccfc wrote:Carl has been a bit too rash in putting this out there. a bit of short term excitement when you read the name... a bit of deceipt when you read the facts

i dont think so

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30182982/

unless your going to say wales online and the eggo are going off carls word ?

blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has officially confirmed he has turned down an offer for Phillips, but would not reveal which club had made the bid. However, WalesOnline can reveal that club was Cardiff City
Last edited by The Premier 1 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:07 pm

Carl am I right in thinking Phillips has refused to extend his contract and wants to move to a club with bigger prospects? Hence blackpools bid for Crawley towns striker Barnett. Holloway has said that the player can leave I read somewhere but only for a club in top 5 of our league! Well we fit that remit I suppose. Think there's more to run on this, a slightly higher bid and I think we will get him

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:07 pm

its obvious walesonline had the story first and thats where Carl got his info

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:12 pm

bought for 700k
turned down offer of 500k mmmmmm
wants out
can go to top 5 club only

let me 600k do you mr Oyston :D

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:26 pm

I think the club are doing it the right lets not show we are desperate and will pay stupid prices.Trust Malky

Cowie Bargain Free
Conway Bargain Free
Ralls Bargain(don't know his price)
Mason Bargain(250,000)
Miller Bargain (750,000 going to get 15-20 goals this season)
Turner Bargain (750,000 Future Captain)

Best team in years lets trust the club and enjoy the ride :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Blackpool bought him from Wycombe for £325k in a deal which could of gone up to £700k if Blackpool stayed in the Premiership that year.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Is he good, havent heard of him really?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:47 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:Is he good, havent heard of him really?

Fast and really good shot on him only seen highlights :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:11 pm

He would be a brilliant signing for us. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:12 pm

hung like a donkey

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:33 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:

hung like a donkey

Seen it have you Craig ;) :oops: :lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:48 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16688143.stm it says we offered 800k :ayatollah: