Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ONE NEARLY DONE? BID MADE !! "

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:19 pm

IF we do sign him, there better not be one of them stupid clauses which means he can't play against Blackpool here a week Saturday like Boro and Coventry had with that Lukas Jukebox or whatever his name was!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Sorry to disappoint you lads but M Phillips has a contract till 2013 and we have the option of a further year. He's one of our best players so I really don't think we would sell unless we were offered stupid money. (Wycombe have a big sell on fee)We don't need the money and it would be madness to sell to a playoff rival

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:23 pm

Seasidedan wrote:Sorry to disappoint you lads but M Phillips has a contract till 2013 and we have the option of a further year. He's one of our best players so I really don't think we would sell unless we were offered stupid money. (Wycombe have a big sell on fee)We don't need the money and it would be madness to sell to a playoff rival

20% isn't big and it's normally based on profit rather than the total fee, so wouldn't bank on that too much.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:40 pm

When we are in the premier we wont need to sell the good players so it wont matter if there is a big sell on.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:50 pm

No we owe Wycombe if we ever sold him so would be after a big fee to make profit and Kay Wycombe. But I'm pretty confident that he is going nowhere.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Seasidedan wrote:No we owe Wycombe if we ever sold him so would be after a big fee to make profit and Kay Wycombe. But I'm pretty confident that he is going nowhere.

Me too, unfortunately

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:51 pm

What's this play-off business pale face? :old:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:31 am

Matty Phillips would be a quality signing and he's the sort of player we need.

But Blackpool will not sell him for under 2 mil I reckon. He proved himself in the prem last year and also Wycombe are reported to have a massive sell-on clause for him.

Malky deserves to be fully backed with some cash I reckon! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 am

would love him to sign very good player but i guess its another pipe dream with a pittyfull bid for someone whos been attracting prem intrest 2-3million and now its been made public just like the low noone offer you will get the other clubs jumping in for him now i think :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:23 am

I reckon Phillips is a target but an unreachable one and the whole exposure of the bid is a smoke screen to take attention off other CLOSER targets ie Craig Noone and highly doubtfully Jamie Mackie.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:04 am

Seasidedan wrote:Sorry to disappoint you lads but M Phillips has a contract till 2013 and we have the option of a further year. He's one of our best players so I really don't think we would sell unless we were offered stupid money. (Wycombe have a big sell on fee)We don't need the money and it would be madness to sell to a playoff rival

That's why i'm a bit dubious. Ca'nt see this one coming off.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:27 am

buckleys brewery wrote:

That's why i'm a bit dubious. Ca'nt see this one coming off.

Like i said im finding it hard to believe he would even want to join us considering theres lots of supposed prem intrest but then again the thread head line says ONE NEARLY DONE ? BID MADE!! if they have rejected bids how can it be nearly done. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Lukas Jutikiewicz is only on loan to Middlesbrough from Coventry; therefore this is why he couldn't play against them, he is still an official Coventry player ;)

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:01 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:Lukas Jutikiewicz is only on loan to Middlesbrough from Coventry; therefore this is why he couldn't play against them, he is still an official Coventry player ;)

No hes not, He signed for them permanently and there was a gentlemans agreement between the 2 managers that he wouldnt play

Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Double G wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:Lukas Jutikiewicz is only on loan to Middlesbrough from Coventry; therefore this is why he couldn't play against them, he is still an official Coventry player ;)

No hes not, He signed for them permanently and there was a gentlemans agreement between the 2 managers that he wouldnt play

Ahh right, thanks 4 lettin me kno! :ayatollah: