Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" RUDY GESTEDE DESPERATE TO PLAY A PART "

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:30 pm

As most are aware Rudy has suffered an ankle injury but he has been receiving injections over the last couple of days to aid with his recovery and hopefully enable him be part of the squad on Tuesday.

Rudy had a full training session today and the club will asses his ankle is tomorrow for any ill effects.

Rudy is enjoying his time at City and is desperate to make an impression here and extend his contract.

I hope he makes it on Tuesday as he could provide something different, even if it is off the bench :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: RUDY GESTEDE DESPERATE TO PLAY A PART

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:34 pm

carlccfc wrote:As most are aware Rudy has suffered an ankle injury but he has been receiving injections over the last couple of days to aid with his recovery and hopefully enable him be part of the squad on Tuesday.

Rudy had a full training session today and the club will asses his ankle is tomorrow for any ill effects.

Rudy is enjoying his time at City and is desperate to make an impression here and extend his contract.

I hope he makes it on Tuesday as he could provide something different, even if it is off the bench :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl i honestly think the team will be the same as Saturday apart from Mcnaughton will come in for Blake, so for me Rudy will be on the bench instead of Earnie and Blake instead of Quinn. But i can see Rudy making an impact at some point during the game. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:35 pm

nobby wrote:
carlccfc wrote:As most are aware Rudy has suffered an ankle injury but he has been receiving injections over the last couple of days to aid with his recovery and hopefully enable him be part of the squad on Tuesday.

Carl i honestly think the team will be the same as Saturday apart from Mcnaughton will come in for Blake, so for me Rudy will be on the bench instead of Earnie and Blake instead of Quinn. But i can see Rudy making an impact at some point during the game. :ayatollah:

Nobby I think you are right apart from Heaton will be in goals.

I think that Rudy could provide something from the bench :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:38 pm

carlccfc wrote:
nobby wrote:

Nobby I think you are right apart from Heaton will be in goals.

I think that Rudy could provide something from the bench :ayatollah:

Id prefer Marshall, but they both have made mistakes in their last games so Malkay may well stick with Heaton as he has done in previous rounds. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Hope we keep him long term looks a good prospect for the future.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:30 pm

id love to see rudy on the bench, obviously not a 100per cent fit, but his height could prove a vital plan b, another thing i noticed,
mason looked off the pace saturday, hes had alot of game time recently and with it being such a big occassion i feel we need experiance to come in, id keep the team the same as saturday only changing mcphail for mason,

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:37 pm

We need someone like him off the bench. He is just what we needed in the second half at palace.

Re: " RUDY GESTEDE DESPERATE TO PLAY A PART "

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Carlos, he is a genuine kid, I have had a few chats with him, also congratulations to him, Rudy and his girl friend are expecting their first child this year, they have moved down the Bay :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think we are yet to see the best from him, going to be a quality player. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Carlos, he is a genuine kid, I have had a few chats with him, also congratulations to him, Rudy and his girl friend are expecting their first child this year, they have moved down the Bay :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think we are yet to see the best from him, going to be a quality player. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Is your french good ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Isn't it 7 subs on Tuesday?

If so, I'd expect Rudy to be on the bench if fit

Agree with other comments re Mason although I think he'll start as he offers something different

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:23 pm

NIBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Is your french good ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

No not at all Mike, I cant speak one word. :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:24 pm

so you soke and he nodded :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:27 pm

NIBluebird wrote:so you soke and he nodded :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

He speaks good English. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Is his contract only until the end of the season?

He's shown big signs of a quality player, goal v Ipswich, Leicester, that assist V West Ham. Always great with the fans too. Like Conway needs time to adapt to the league.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:44 pm

drop mason hes better coming off the bench then starting, and start rudy over him so we got something to aim for in the air, espeically when he causes havoc from long throws ! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:44 pm

He shows a good quality about him like do most of the team now, Malky could help develope him into something special, a must for the team........also better support Saturday helped spur on the team to grind out for the win, a full house on Tuesday with passion in their hearts and voices to be heard can get us in the final...... Cmon Mighty Bluebirds take us on the road to Wembley :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:27 am

trueblue wrote:Isn't it 7 subs on Tuesday?

If so, I'd expect Rudy to be on the bench if fit

Agree with other comments re Mason although I think he'll start as he offers something different

You're correct, I'd expect both Earnie and Rudy on the bench in case we need to throw the kitchen sink at them. Our squad is fairly small, with 7 on the bench we should be able to include everyone we need.

I'd guess the same starting 11 as Sat apart from Heaton/Marshall with Marshall, Kiss, Ralls, McPhail, Kev, Earnie and Gestede on the bench.

Darcy and Kevs versatility pretty much covers the back four so we should be carry as much attacking threat on the bench as possible as we need to win by 2 goals (aet).

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:38 am

RFMH wrote:Is his contract only until the end of the season?

He's shown big signs of a quality player, goal v Ipswich, Leicester, that assist V West Ham. Always great with the fans too. Like Conway needs time to adapt to the league.

I was told he had a 2yr contract.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

He is under contract until June 2014 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Desperate to make an impression ? Rudy has already made a pretty good impression at the City, to say the least :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Why should we play gestede though,
we were doing fantastic then he come back and we started dropping points allk over the place.
he gets injured and we're the nuts at the moment in this league 100% the 3rd best side in this league at least.

IM NOT SAYING GESTEDE IS shi* im just saying like hes a jinx

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:32 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He is under contract until June 2014 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good I wouldn't want us to develop him and then for him to slip away because he was on a short deal :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Rudy is a legend! :lol:

Seriously though, he is a quality player in the making. Malky and his staff did well to spot him :ayatollah: