Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR TUESDAY?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Should City play it safe and keep it tight at the back and hope to hit Palace on set pieces and the break taking into account we wouldn't want Palace to score an away goal?

Or do we go for it and try and beat them by two goals and win the tie in the 90 mins but leaving spaces for them to attack us on the break?

How would you play it if it was your decision?

Re: WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS FOR TUESDAY?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:11 pm

All out Carlos.....go for it, pointless keeping safe, all out attack :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:12 pm

Offence is by far the best defence! :ayatollah:
As long as we keep 1 or 2 back just in case...

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Marc wrote:All out Carlos.....go for it, pointless keeping safe, all out attack :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D

Go at them and get an early goal, that would rattle them and ramp the volume up. The only people that will be scared stiff after that will be Dougie Freedman and the groundstaff.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Definitely go at them. We are a goal behind as it is and if we play it safe, Palace could still sneak a goal which would really put us up against it.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:23 pm

Go for it and Palace will crumble !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:23 pm

Loads of smoke and straight up the middle :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:Should City play it safe and keep it tight at the back and hope to hit Palace on set pieces and the break taking into account we wouldn't want Palace to score an away goal?

Or do we go for it and try and beat them by two goals and win the tie in the 90 mins but leaving spaces for them to attack us on the break?

I would have thought we will play our normal game.
It's important we solid defensively.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:26 pm

The first thing we have to do is beat Palace and although that sounds obvious it is something we have never done in a cup match before.

But we all know we are capable of doing that and I think doing it with no little bit of style. Despite what Mr Freedman has been saying about us being scared stiff of this game I think the number of players rested by Palace yesterday tells you everything about how important this game is to them.

We know our team will play until the final second of every game and it may well be the case on Tuesday night but I believe MM will have a plan for beating Palace and we will.

I hope we as fans create an intimidating atmosphere from the first to last second and leave the rest to MM and the team, they will not let us down.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Go for the throat with high intensity the second the whistle goes for kick off.

If we can get into a lead (2-1 on aggregate) then I'd tighten up in midfield.

CAN'T WAIT

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Never permit the enemy to acquire an unexpected advantage
strike the enemy at a time, at a place, or in a manner for which he is unprepared
Seize, retain, and exploit the initiative

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:Should City play it safe and keep it tight at the back and hope to hit Palace on set pieces and the break taking into account we wouldn't want Palace to score an away goal?

Sounds like the tactics I would expect Palace to employ -they don't need to score but we do. They will probably be expecting us to go at them from the start and have a plan based on keeping us out, hitting us on the break and maximising their chances from set pieces.

I think we will need to be patient. A goal in the 1st minute or the 90th minute count the same.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Need to do exactly what we did against reading

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:42 pm

I think they will block up midfield and hope to contain us in that way, and just try to hit us on the break. They know they dont have to score , all they have to do is stop us from scoring, and cos they did that at there place , they will see no reason they cant do it again.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:42 pm

All out attack :D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Need to do exactly what we did against reading

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Set up as normal. Play as if it was 0-0 and be patient, just like every other game.
We only need one goal for it to be all square so no need to panic!

We are not a flat out attacking team so it would be dangerous to change.

An early goal would be nice mind! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Treat it as a league match. Actually, play it as we did in the 1st league. We played that like a league match.

Need to keep it tight, whilst gradually forcing control of the game.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:46 pm

As nervous as f**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :violent3:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:02 pm

I THINK WE SHOULD PLAY IT SAFE .....

AND SCORE 4 IN THE FIRST HALF AND ANOTHER COUPLE IN THE 2ND HALF ;)

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Might as well go for it from the start, and settle it one way or the other in the 90 minutes.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:25 pm

Shit or bust lets do it in 90 or not at all

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:29 pm

Ryan_bluebird wrote:Need to do exactly what we did against reading

I really hope you don't mean lose 3-0 ;)

With Lennie Lawerece pulling the strings in the background, it is obvious that C Palace will try to do to us what we did to Bristol City in the second leg of the play-off semi in 2003, play for a 0-0 after taking a 1-0 lead into the second leg.

That's why we have to go for it and get the early goal and blow their game plan out of the water.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:30 pm

We should just play our normal game

At the end of the day, being 1 0 down is only like conceding a goal in the first minute

We have shown this season how we can take teams apart by building from the back through midfield.....don't see it being any different on Tuesday

Come on CITY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Would swap it all for a win against Southampton the Tuesday after

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:57 pm

go for bust - simple

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:04 pm

we should play steady and calculated i think we will end up penned back if we take an early lead trying to keep the win :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:05 pm

play like we did against pompey,and if it doesnt work......ow well :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:12 pm

WEMBLEY WEMBLEY THATS ALL I WANT MY THOUGHTS FOR THE MATCH ALL OUT ATTACK INTIMDITION AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL I WANT IT TO BE SO BAD CRYSTAL PALACE WONT NEVER WONT TO COME BACK TO OUR GROUND EVER REMMBER LEEDS UNITED :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:15 pm

We know palace will park the bus and to hit us on the break with zaha, they played with 2 defensive cms last game I expect much the same again.

We need to be positive but cautious a swell as they can hit us on the break and that 2 nd goal for palace would leave a mountain of a task for us if that happens.

I want to see the full backs bombing up and down and some good width, Conway needs to start. It will be interesting to see if we go 4 4 2 or 3 5 2.

I'd like to see 442 with Rudy in the starting line up