Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rorke's Drift 125 year anniversary

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:07 pm

M O H http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3419343.stm :old:

Re: Rorke's Drift 125 year anniversary

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:10 pm

ALSO , TALK OF HEROS, IN THE LAST WORLD WAR , THERE WAS A GUY GIVEN THE VC , COS THERE WAS ONLY 2 OF THEM IN A TRENCH, AND 150 GERMANS WERE COMING FOR THEM. ONE OF THESE 2 GUYS WAS MY UNCLE, HE WAS A REAL PISS HEAD. ANYWAY , THEY KEPT SHOOTING TILL ALL THERE BULLETS HAD GONE , THEN THE ONE GUY STARTED TO THROW EMPTY BEERS BOTTLES AT THE GERMANS, HE GOT A VC FOR THAT, MY UNCLE GOT FK ALL , AND HE WAS THE ONE THAT WAS DRINKING THE BEER ,AND HANDING HIM THE EMPTY BOTTLES :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:25 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:ALSO , TALK OF HEROS, IN THE LAST WORLD WAR , THERE WAS A GUY GIVEN THE VC , COS THERE WAS ONLY 2 OF THEM IN A TRENCH, AND 150 GERMANS WERE COMING FOR THEM. ONE OF THESE 2 GUYS WAS MY UNCLE, HE WAS A REAL PISS HEAD. ANYWAY , THEY KEPT SHOOTING TILL ALL THERE BULLETS HAD GONE , THEN THE ONE GUY STARTED TO THROW EMPTY BEERS BOTTLES AT THE GERMANS, HE GOT A VC FOR THAT, MY UNCLE GOT FK ALL , AND HE WAS THE ONE THAT WAS DRINKING THE BEER ,AND HANDING HIM THE EMPTY BOTTLES :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:28 pm

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/9 ... _go_ahead/

march yesterday

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:33 pm

cant understand why we celebrate that battle, ffs we shouldnt have even been in their country killing their people in the first place .... they aint hero`s to me!

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:36 pm

AHERNE wrote:cant understand why we celebrate that battle, ffs we shouldnt have even been in their country killing their people in the first place .... they aint hero`s to me!

There many countrys we shouldnt have been in, its called Colonialism , and its still go great even now, but wears a diffrent tag.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Been in Durban the last 2 weeks working and went to Rorke's drift last sunday for a visit.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:51 pm

did u look at the date on the news clip 2004 mr morgan hasnt been first minister for a while now . sorry .

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:Been in Durban the last 2 weeks working and went to Rorke's drift last sunday for a visit.

Did you take photos ? post them up for the Guys please :old:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Wasn't Rorke's Drift in January 1879? Surely that would make it 133 years this year :?