Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The thing that would definitely improve the atmosphere best

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:48 pm

is if all the people stood up next to the away fans came over to the Canton. There's plenty of people in the Canton who try to get stuff going, especially now there's a drum there, but not enough people join in. If those few hundred came over and added their noise it would get the whole stand rocking. It could be amazing. Screw waving at the away fans, come and make the Canton bounce.

Re: The thing that would definitely improve the atmosphere best

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Have said the same several times.Too much wasted energy snarling at the opposing fans.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:13 pm

delmbox wrote:is if all the people stood up next to the away fans came over to the Canton. There's plenty of people in the Canton who try to get stuff going, especially now there's a drum there, but not enough people join in. If those few hundred came over and added their noise it would get the whole stand rocking. It could be amazing. Screw waving at the away fans, come and make the Canton bounce.

Sorry Delmbox, very happy where I am, I have been watching homes games from the side of the pitch since the early 80's, before then it was the Canton Stand and before then it was the Bob Bank. I love my view from where I am. Also I did try and get everyone where I sit to move, but they voted against it. There are a few hundred near us who all know each other well and enjoy where we are, how about you come and join us ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm staying in the 117. The atmosphere was way better when we first moved to the stadium when the Ninian was completely full with about 3 blocks standing from top to bottom. But now the stewards in the Ninian tell us to sit down as soon as we're finished singing a song, I still stand though and they don't do anything about it.

If we only have one stand that sings, nothing will improve. Watford, Burnley, Pompey etc have all proved that, their home atmospheres are shit. I wish we could get the Ninian back to the way it was.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:23 pm

canton stand too far away from away fans. thats y atmosphere shit. need to hear each other

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Last season most games I sat in 116 and hardly heard the Canton. Some games I sat in the family stand and again did not hear the Canton. One game though, Derby home, I sat in the corner between the Canton and Grandstand and I was quite impressed with thre noise generated from the Canton then. I think due to the infrastructure of the stadium (Bowl feature) sound does not travel well between the stands.

To me each stand is going to have to create its own atmosphere as one bouncing stand will not encourage another stand to bounce.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Ive said it before and I'll say it again.
If the stewards let blocks 104 & 107 stand as well, more people will sing so more people towards the away end will hear the Canton.
If we do this, we also need to let 117 & 118 stand, maybe even 116. Then we have almost half the ground standing, therefore more singing = Louder atmosphere.
Might even encourage others to stand and sing as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
delmbox wrote:is if all the people stood up next to the away fans came over to the Canton. There's plenty of people in the Canton who try to get stuff going, especially now there's a drum there, but not enough people join in. If those few hundred came over and added their noise it would get the whole stand rocking. It could be amazing. Screw waving at the away fans, come and make the Canton bounce.

Sorry Delmbox, very happy where I am, I have been watching homes games from the side of the pitch since the early 80's, before then it was the Canton Stand and before then it was the Bob Bank. I love my view from where I am. Also I did try and get everyone where I sit to move, but they voted against it. There are a few hundred near us who all know each other well and enjoy where we are, how about you come and join us ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No ta, I like it where I am too. Totally get why people don't want to move when they're settled. Shame though, if that few hundred joined the few hundred up for singing in the Canton we could really turn that stand into something special. It'll never happen though unfortunately :(

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:35 pm

delmbox wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No ta, I like it where I am too. Totally get why people don't want to move when they're settled. Shame though, if that few hundred joined the few hundred up for singing in the Canton we could really turn that stand into something special. It'll never happen though unfortunately :(

A few hundred did move at the end of last season to Canton, and look how much good it did...

Should also point out, the only people I see gesticulating to away fans are usually 'shirters' who are sitting down. No one around me does it, and the people around me are often the ones that get accused of doing it.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:58 pm

How about everyone stays where they are, and everybody sings!!!