Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: angel rangel

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Would rather have Gunter.

Rangel looks quality going forward, not that great defensively.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:51 pm

f*cking hell are u for real!?gunnter is shit.and yet u class him better then rangel,u need to keep of them drugs.and as for swans fans not supporting wales,think u will find that many down this way do,but dont go ther grouped together.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:57 pm

If it is good enough for Germany then why not Wales.

Rugby and cricket have done it for years but not saying I agree with the rule but it is there so ......... A pty super kev has played for SCotland :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:09 pm

swansealad69 wrote:f*cking hell are u for real!?gunnter is shit.and yet u class him better then rangel,u need to keep of them drugs.and as for swans fans not supporting wales,think u will find that many down this way do,but dont go ther grouped together.

I prefer my full backs to defend first, anything they can offer going forward in an extra bonus.

I think Gunter is better defensively. Rangel far better going forward.

Ergo, I'd prefer Gunter. Not to mention that picking Rangel would open a massive can of worms, namely that the Home Nations agreed not to use the nationalisation rules. If you want us to arbitrarily break that to pick your Jack player, then in case you'd not grasped England would gain massively from it - not just Arteta et al, but Welsh players would also be able to go down that route.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:20 pm

polo wrote:dont believe in the residency rule. makes a mockery of international football.

A massive no and for this reason.

Wales and scotland would suffer if this came into effect while England would benefit.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:23 pm

swansealad69 wrote:So basicly u are telling any young player who could go on and play for wales,he is better off playing for england as he will never go to a world cup?

williams is english FFS. i got a spanish grandmother but that don't mean i should represent spain in anything.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:28 pm

He's a quality right back and certainly good enough but just like Ashley Williams and Steve Morrison they aint Welsh so they shouldn't play in my eyes!!

:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Watch Bellamy's goal down there last season and look where Angel goes after Bellamy sells him the dummy lol.

I would'n want him in he IS SPANISH

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm a welshman.
Through and through. -

Totally understand the born or parent rule (you could get born while on holidays in mexico- does that make u fuckin mexican???)

But what about this view.....
A lot of welsh people leave wales to get work etc and some emigrate - so we lose as much as we gain.
Hundreds of thousands move to england and beyond for work or career and end up living and raising kids there. Proper welsh but had to go due to life opportunities.

No there are many who then play for england in all kinds of sport - just because their parents or grandparents moved to get jobs.

Surely you can be welsh and not live there????

Same goes if u come in

If Rangel makes a decision to embrace wales and become a representative of our country - why shouldn't we have him.

Yes I'd like a team of 11 preferably from Gods Country -the rhondda! (Im. A rhondda boy and I've had to move out to get on)
But
Imagine the lift to the people of this nation should we get in to a championship of the worlds top sport. It would highlight our little country and bring joy to welsh people around the world.

He may also change his name to Dai Salsa!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Im as Welsh as the next man. Born in Wales. Lived in Cardiff until 2005 and now living on the wrong side of the border.

That said I do not buy into the argument that you have to be born in Wales to play for the National Team. Angel Rangel may not know the words to "Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau" but he has, for a number of years, contributed to the Welsh Economy and that, in my eyes, qualifies him to represent us. His value as a player bears no relevance. He has either contributed or he hasnt - and if he is better than the next man then let him play.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:34 pm

hes not welsh so no, he can f**k off

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:45 pm

swansealad69 wrote:So basicly u are telling any young player who could go on and play for wales,he is better off playing for england as he will never go to a world cup?

What a stupid argument, but then I have to come to expect that from you.