Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

angel rangel

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Thers a debait at the moment on ps,about angel rangel and if he can play for wales,as he has been here long enough.
How would u feel about him from your point of view,as he is without dout a quality right back and if he did qualify would it benefit wales as the back 4 would mostly be swansea and ther for play together every day.
See i can ask decent questions u verming fuckers ;)

Re: angel rangel

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Would like to see him play for wales quality right back

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:24 pm

would be good for wales so why not

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:29 pm

hes a quality right back no doubt about it but its getting a bit silly with players qualifying for their country through living their for a few years,Same a while back with Arteta being considered for the English national team

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:31 pm

if hes good enough no problem mush :D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:37 pm

If hes prepared to play for the shirt and represent Wales and the current rules allow it,i wouldnt complain mind,hes better then Gunter

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Havn't really taken notice of him but if he's good enough then yeah, why not?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:44 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Thers a debait at the moment on ps,about angel rangel and if he can play for wales,as he has been here long enough.
How would u feel about him from your point of view,as he is without dout a quality right back and if he did qualify would it benefit wales as the back 4 would mostly be swansea and ther for play together every day.

Not quite sure......but whats a point in having a Welsh National Team, if they're not born in Wales or have Welsh Parents. I'm not going to single out Rangel in this regard; because in my opinion, Earnshaw shouldnt really play for Wales, since hes born in Zambia, eventhough hes been one of my favourite players representing Wales and Cardiff.

I guess it all depends where you draw the line, but I would preferably like to see the rules more strict on the basis, that they should be born in wales, or have welsh parents.....not great great grandparents....or some technicality. I believe there is alot of talent in Wales to represent the national team.

Otherwise, we probably end up with a team who are all born outside of Wales, and play on the basis that they have lived here long......I cant see any pride in supporting such team. However, thats my opinion. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:59 pm

ok, i may be the first person to bite........... but i have to pick up on the kids spelling!! absolutely shocking!! get back to school you inbred tart!!

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:11 pm

I will drive down to Swansea myself to get him.
Very good player and as there is only 3 million or so of us, we need all the help we can get.

Bollocks whether its fair or not, we have to compete with countries with 10, 20 or 30 times our population.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:13 pm

dont believe in the residency rule. makes a mockery of international football.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Good player i'll agree to that. But paying for Wales its a nope for me. Hes from Spain and should play for Spain.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Well he's as Welsh as Ashley Williams so I'd take him

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:51 pm

the rugby nations have been doing it for years

if you look at the england rugby and cricket team - a fair chunk are not english - yet they have 20 times the population and leagues/resources etc.
in NZ and Aus - they had been able to cherrypick the smaller pacific islands for players FFS.
athletics is rife with it

FAI have been more proactive in finding lineage and raping N ireland of its players.
technically, there should be a query on england michael owen - wasn't he born in chester hospital as no maternity in north wales? aint he and all his family welsh?

not saying its right, but as a small nation trying to get to a major finals - we need all the help we can get

evern foreign vermin innit swansealad ;)

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:01 pm

No and i would kick Ashley Williams out as well. I would get rid of grandparent rule as it is a joke and deprives Welsh people the chance to play for their country. I want to see 11 Welsh players in the International team not people from madrid, manchester or mongolia.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:55 pm

shouldn't be allowed. i want to see welsh people play for wales.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Quality player, Rangel, but does not seem right, playing for Wales on a residency rule. Personally, I think the current rule is about right, back as far as grandparents. No further, though. Only a handful of the current Wales team qualify like that. Ashley Williams is one of them. He qualifies, and lives in Wales, so no problem. Besides, he and Darcy have been playing well in central defence. Gunter and Taylor are good too. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:26 pm

murphy wrote:shouldn't be allowed. i want to see welsh people play for wales.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:27 pm

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:11 pm

polo wrote:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats Earnie out then?
(And Ashley Williams )

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:13 pm

griff105 wrote:
polo wrote:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats Earnie out then?
(And Ashley Williams )

Aaaaaand?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Aaaaand

where do you draw a line on somebodys Welshness?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Dont think we can afford to let quality players jus slip through the net,yes he is spanish,but he has played for swansea since our rise begun and in a way represents wales every week he plays for us as we are a welsh side.
Lets face it wales is no more then a principality and only has 3.6 million pepole in it,out of that you take out rugby,cricket.athletics,and all the other spirts pepole play,what chance have we got.
Maybee we should lift the rule.as over the years wales have had world class players who would walk in to any team of ther time,giggs,rush,hughes,speed.soulthall,plus to day bale.plus many more over the years who have never been able to go to the greatest football event on earth,because alltho we had some great players just didnt have a full team,and that lets us down.
How do you think some off them players feel never to play on the world stage.even tho they are better then many who are ther just let down by having a great 5or6 players yet having to pick lower league players to make the numbers up.
We will never reach a finals unless things change,as every one els is getting bette,and ther are not any weak teames anymore.
Plus a bonus would be tate could qualify also??[ ;) [/code]

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 pm

I'd be happy with this as he has proven quality albeit a Jack.

He have to change his second name to Jones to make it more believable :lol: :lol:

Angel Rangel-Jones

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:07 pm

griff105 wrote:Aaaaand

where do you draw a line on somebodys Welshness?

Their parents Imo

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:20 pm

griff105 wrote:
polo wrote:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats Earnie out then?
(And Ashley Williams )

earnie was brought up in wales. he's as good as welsh as anyone.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:24 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Thers a debait at the moment on ps,about angel rangel and if he can play for wales,as he has been here long enough.

Sorry, what?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:24 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Dont think we can afford to let quality players jus slip through the net,yes he is spanish,but he has played for swansea since our rise begun and in a way represents wales every week he plays for us as we are a welsh side.
Lets face it wales is no more then a principality and only has 3.6 million pepole in it,out of that you take out rugby,cricket.athletics,and all the other spirts pepole play,what chance have we got.
Maybee we should lift the rule.as over the years wales have had world class players who would walk in to any team of ther time,giggs,rush,hughes,speed.soulthall,plus to day bale.plus many more over the years who have never been able to go to the greatest football event on earth,because alltho we had some great players just didnt have a full team,and that lets us down.
How do you think some off them players feel never to play on the world stage.even tho they are better then many who are ther just let down by having a great 5or6 players yet having to pick lower league players to make the numbers up.
We will never reach a finals unless things change,as every one els is getting bette,and ther are not any weak teames anymore.
Plus a bonus would be tate could qualify also??[ ;) [/code]

i'd rather not qualify for a tournement then have forigeners in the team. this grandparent rule is bollocks too, ashley williams fuckoff.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:28 pm

So basicly u are telling any young player who could go on and play for wales,he is better off playing for england as he will never go to a world cup?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:28 pm

What do swansea care they dont follow wales anyway :roll: