Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

First goal NOT MARSHALL'S FAULT

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Watched the League programme and read a few reports and I'm surprised to see all comments put the blame on Marshall.
I was in The Grandstand, 8 rows back from the front and right in line behind the Pompey player who crossed it.
Marshall was going to collect but Hudson got in the way and THERE WAS A SLIGHT DEFLECTION. So close, Marshall couldn't readjust. DEFINITELY NOT THE KEEPER'S FAULT. Anybody else see this or am I going bats?

Re: First goal NOT MARSHALL'S FAULT

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Who gives a flying f**k!! 3 points in the bag!!

THE BEST MOMENT OF THE SEASON SO FAR!! CONWAY!!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Marshall should have collected it comfortably of course,it was great that the fans got behind him afterwards just a one of freak mistake hes been excellent all season to be fair
And like the above post we got 3 points so it doesnt matter, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:20 pm

englishbluebird wrote:Marshall should have collected it comfortably of course,it was great that the fans got behind him afterwards just a one of freak mistake hes been excellent all season to be fair
And like the above post we got 3 points so it doesnt matter, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:50 pm

In some games he has single handedly kept us in it, West ham for instance

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:09 pm

I was forth row middle of ground and saw it clearly, i thought Marshall definately at fault, the shot was in to his arms and he miscalculated his stance, when attempting to gather the ball, which rebounded of his chest, but as we all agree he has been outstanding this season and it was nice to see the crowd get behind him. A few players have made errors this season but i'm sure this is no different from other players at other clubs, so great to see the fans not being negative and supporting these players, which can only bode well for the future throughout the club.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:35 pm

krabb wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:Marshall should have collected it comfortably of course,it was great that the fans got behind him afterwards just a one of freak mistake hes been excellent all season to be fair

agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and me :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Yes Hudson didnt help but its still a cross he should easily have collected. A mistake but it happens to all keepers.