Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MALKY TELLS WHAT ITS BEEN LIKE SINCE TAKING OVER "

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Why doesnt he build a lake so he can walk across it every now and again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually it says a lot about the past regime - MM an inspirational appointment - we need to give this guy resource he could be our greatest ever manager - fantastic article :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Jesus wept, I'm having a couple of nights up in Edinburgh after the Sunderland game, I got up this morning and went for breakfast. On the way, I thought to myself "I'll grab the Scottish Sunday paper and avoid reading about yesterday."

What am I greeted with? 3 sodding pages of Cardiff City!!! Not happy with that one little bit :cry:

A very good article though, very interesting to see what was going on behind the scenes before he got there. Begs the question though, why did nobody see the issues and stop the rot beforehand?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:28 pm

If Malky asked me too id play with him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:29 pm

scotsjack wrote:Jesus wept, I'm having a couple of nights up in Edinburgh after the Sunderland game, I got up this morning and went for breakfast. On the way, I thought to myself "I'll grab the Scottish Sunday paper and avoid reading about yesterday."

What am I greeted with? 3 sodding pages of Cardiff City!!! Not happy with that one little bit :cry:

A very good article though, very interesting to see what was going on behind the scenes before he got there. Begs the question though, why did nobody see the issues and stop the rot beforehand?

Why would Dave Jones want to rock a 800k a year boat

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:34 pm

taffyapple wrote:
scotsjack wrote:Jesus wept, I'm having a couple of nights up in Edinburgh after the Sunderland game, I got up this morning and went for breakfast. On the way, I thought to myself "I'll grab the Scottish Sunday paper and avoid reading about yesterday."

I meant why did nobody question Dave Jones before it got into that state? Surely someone must've thought there were issues? Suppose it doesn't matter now anyway, good article none the less.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Great read. Malky is the man. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:08 pm

scotsjack wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

I meant why did nobody question Dave Jones before it got into that state? Surely someone must've thought there were issues? Suppose it doesn't matter now anyway, good article none the less.

You are spot on here Jack. There was a lot of other people down here who didnt want to rock the boat.
Or a better way of saying it would be a lot of people who didnt want to de-rail the gravy train.

Fantastic article, fantastic manager.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Great Read :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ...He's a top man our Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Cracking read. Just picturing what he's changed is mind blowing!!

Like the comment about a Nuclear Bunker being welcoming! :D

He REALLY has got it so right, from the tea lady right up to himself in terms of how he manages within the club :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:This bit is very interesting, Hmm what was Dave Jones doing other than playing Golf and falling out with our players ?

The changes? The club had no recruitment department. They had 11 regional scouts, six of whom had never met the chief scout, while none had ever met the manager.

The club had no medical or physio facilities at their training ground. No sports science department. No performance analysis, no diet plan.

They shared a facility with Cardiff Blues rugby side that was as welcoming as a nuclear bunker.

They had a pitch with no fence between the goal and a car park full of Mercs and BMWs with size five dents in every bonnet.

For Mackay, attention to detail is everything - and the 39-year-old hit the place like a one-man Justin-and-Colin.

"Honestly," he sighs. "There wasn't a single piece of branding anywhere, nothing to tell you there was even a football club here." Now? The walls are decked out with prints of players celebrating and motivational quotes.

first Thing i picked up on,Annis

Basic Management skills lacking all round under the previous regime. Even the likes of Exeter City and Barnet advertise their training facilities. was this down to the Vale or an oversight on our part?

As for the scouts never having met the cheif Scout, let alone the Manager that beggars belief but is not a suprise.

My lad played for a team that regulary had scouts from Rovers, County,Hereford United and the Jacks watching. you never saw a City Scout anywhere and lets be fair Caerphilly should be a prime City recruitment area.

After reading this Malky must be given full backing as he is the man to take us forward

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:44 pm

scotsjack wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Because the Riddler and DJ were as thick as thieves.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Siadwell wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:This bit is very interesting, Hmm what was Dave Jones doing other than playing Golf and falling out with our players ?

The changes? The club had no recruitment department. They had 11 regional scouts, six of whom had never met the chief scout, while none had ever met the manager.

The club had no medical or physio facilities at their training ground. No sports science department. No performance analysis, no diet plan.

They shared a facility with Cardiff Blues rugby side that was as welcoming as a nuclear bunker.

They had a pitch with no fence between the goal and a car park full of Mercs and BMWs with size five dents in every bonnet.

For Mackay, attention to detail is everything - and the 39-year-old hit the place like a one-man Justin-and-Colin.

"Honestly," he sighs. "There wasn't a single piece of branding anywhere, nothing to tell you there was even a football club here." Now? The walls are decked out with prints of players celebrating and motivational quotes.

first Thing i picked up on,Annis

Basic Management skills lacking all round under the previous regime. Even the likes of Exeter City and Barnet advertise their training facilities. was this down to the Vale or an oversight on our part?

As for the scouts never having met the cheif Scout, let alone the Manager that beggars belief but is not a suprise.

My lad played for a team that regulary had scouts from Rovers, County,Hereford United and the Jacks watching. you never saw a City Scout anywhere and lets be fair Caerphilly should be a prime City recruitment area.

After reading this Malky must be given full backing as he is the man to take us forward

Sadly very true.

Malky should have full backing/support. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Fantastic read mate, Malky is the new "special one" :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Wow! that's an impressive interview, he's 100% focussed, committed and destined to succeed :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Who would have thought we would be 3rd after loosing the players we did in the close season ?
Malky looks a class act and the team is built on good old fashioned work ethos .
I know most are crying out for players but it's important we get the right type of player. We don't need prima donnas who will upset the chemistry.
The club is in good hands !

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Dave Jones was getting paid a king's ransom for doing fack all whereas Malky is working his arse off putting everything in place for the future of our Club for a very modest income by comparison. This interview shows that we had virtually no infrastucture in place. We had none of the departments and facilities essential at leading football clubs. It was a fecking miracle that we got so close under DJ.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Tubzo wrote:Just shows how much of a amateur jones was.

That was my thought.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Great read, Malkay is ten times the man Jones was, fantastic manager. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:58 pm

cheers annis what an insight :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Our owners must be more than impressed with him!After reading this article,i cant see how vincent tan could not give him more money to finish his n our quest to reach the premiership.top read annis :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Ladies and gentlemen i give you the next Alex Ferguson,20 year contract now.Even if we dont get the glory this season the futures bright with malky at the helm.
Opened up a new can of worms regarding last season.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:28 pm

legend, we're very lucky to have Malky....he's going to the top

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:30 pm

And to think we nearly had Alan Shearer - a lucky escape

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:52 pm

awesome reading :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:38 am

He's obviously very meticulous in everything he does, must say i didn't realise that the club was being run in such an amateurish way with the previous regime, sounds like if things had stayed with the status quo and Jonesy etc had stayed on we'd still be waiting for promotion in the year 2020.
It's so refreshing to read how professional Malky is and the way he insists that everybody from the players to backroom staff embrace his ethos, he obviously leaves nothing to chance and if we fail to achieve our ambitions this season it certainly won't be through lack of effort or organisation.
I personally love the guy, he reflects the passion and will to win that's been sorely missed for a good few season's now and if we are still in the Championship next season all I can say is watch us go!!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:56 am

Annis, that's a very interesting read and sums up just what Malky is all about, he is just as passionate as we as fans are and is a very big breath of fresh air to this great football club. The next Alex Ferguson at this club, who knows, but heres to hoping and wishing that he is, he is definitely the right man for us and by reading Malky's quotes I think we are the right club for him, he has his "own" team here right from the tea lady, through the playing staff right up to his backroom staff. Let's hope the team continue to do what they are doing for Malky and our fans never get on his and the players backs if we do hit a dip in form.
It can only be onward and upwards from now on.

In Malky We Trust..... 100%

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Brilliant read, cheers Annis.

He really has put his own stamp on the club and is certainly doing things his way. It shows he is trying to motivate the team every single day and not just with one rallying team talk 10 mins before a match on a saturday. Constantly hitting home to the players the importance of giving 100%.

Sorry to bring the Jacks into this but just using Rogers as an example. When Rogers came to the Jacks he just put the icing on the cake so to speak as a lot of work had been done previously by that Spanish Waiter and that orange umpa lumpa Portuguese bloke. Mackay has ripped up the manual and started fresh, so if he wins promotion in his first year it will be a monumental achievement.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:56 pm

I gather from what Malky is saying, that he his building a club, from the bottom up, he left Watford with a good infrastructure with young players and coaches coming through,he his doing the same at our club with all the back room staff that are required, to be successful, physios, doctors, even protecting the players cars, I wonder if that caused a rift last season I know I would not like it if someone hit my BMW, with a ball ( or did they belong to the Blues :D :D :D players) I suspect he has used his budget to upgrade the back room staff, rather invest in players at the moment, as in the quotation from the film close encounters of a third kind "build it and they will come"
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:25 pm

quite simply, the man is IMPRESSIVE,
If the club back him to the hilt, I believe Malky will deliver to us that moment in time we've all dreamed of...

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:54 am

[quote="Forever Blue"]Cardiff boss Malky Mackay: People quickly got behind my ethos and club is benefiting
Jan 22 2012 By Gordon Waddell, Sunday Mail

Unbelievable. Well done Mr Mackay: I say unbelievable because the Things that MM has put in place are things many of Us including Myself thought was the norm in football even at Conference level, I'm pleased MM has put the ship in order, But feking disgusted that with all the pomp and New stadia bla bla bla etc....The Club did'nt even have what I considered basic/ standard procedure in Pro Football period. :old:

F

There are couches, a rec room where the dartboard sees more action than Lakeside.

He walks through the place with purpose.

"Medical room," he says. "I had a room built for the doc there."

It now has three physios working on three players.

Into Player Recruitment, with introductions to the man in charge. City now have nine guys across the country, all exclusively working for them.

All have the club jacket and tie, and all have been schooled personally by the manager in what he looks for in a match report and player analysis.

And so it goes, through the 'Carpe Diem Meeting Room' and back to his office. Every detail part of the strategy.

"I'm bringing in high-quality staff to work to a standard. If anyone doesn't want to work to that standard they won't be here long.