Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Great Reaction

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:29 am

There was a moment today which we haven't seen for a while at a home game. After Marshall made the mistake before Portsmouth's goal, the Canton Stand started singing "Scotland's number 1!" to show Marshall that the mistake didn't matter. He turned around, gave the fans a thumbs up and clearly that moment meant a lot to him because in previous seasons the fans have gotten on his back... well, certain sectors have.

I thought it was a very poignant moment and felt it shows how close the fans are now to the players. Showed us for the great fans we are. :ayatollah:

Re: Great Reaction

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:41 am

Egg and sausage panini :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:17 am

Zabier wrote:There was a moment today which we haven't seen for a while at a home game. After Marshall made the mistake before Portsmouth's goal, the Canton Stand started singing "Scotland's number 1!" to show Marshall that the mistake didn't matter. He turned around, gave the fans a thumbs up and clearly that moment meant a lot to him because in previous seasons the fans have gotten on his back... well, certain sectors have.

I thought it was a very poignant moment and felt it shows how close the fans are now to the players. Showed us for the great fans we are. :ayatollah:

Superb.

Its moments like that which make players WANT to play for us.

Rather than the embarrassments of 'squeeky voice' in the front of the Nin Stand, and Dai Hunt harrassing the players.

Sometimes people forget that the players are humans -and many of them just kids.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:19 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Zabier wrote:There was a moment today which we haven't seen for a while at a home game. After Marshall made the mistake before Portsmouth's goal, the Canton Stand started singing "Scotland's number 1!" to show Marshall that the mistake didn't matter. He turned around, gave the fans a thumbs up and clearly that moment meant a lot to him because in previous seasons the fans have gotten on his back... well, certain sectors have.

Superb.

Its moments like that which make players WANT to play for us.

Rather than the embarrassments of 'squeeky voice' in the front of the Nin Stand, and Dai Hunt harrassing the players.

Sometimes people forget that the players are humans -and many of them just kids.

Spot on Tim.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 am

It's the wind of change at CCS.

Yes we should sing more but when we don't I have noticed that the fans are taking more notice of what is happening on the pitch and individually backing the players. The incident with Marshall is a great example of that.

While singing has its place I sometimes wonder if the fans really connect with the players by just singing the same old generic songs or simply making a noise like C Palace do.

May be we have lost a little of our old bite, but in its place has come the thinking mans fan.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:27 am

The way the players responded to going 2-1 down was superb. There's a video on Cardiff City Player of Malky's war cry and it summed up what this team are about. Fight until the end and good things happen!

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:39 am

In seasons gone by some of our lot would of turned on Marshall for his error. I believe this is the malkay effect on team spirit on the pitch and off it. He seems to have captured the hearts of everyone. What good would it of done if the crowd turned on the players when it went wrong yesterday? It seems to me that our previous failures have made us wise up a bit. The way our players and supporters showed patience yesterday, was another example to me that we can look forward to a fine second half of the season. Well done everyone :ayatollah: