Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whoever Let The Pompey Drum In

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:18 am

.....wants a good sh*******g feck me 'It's a weapon sorry boys it doesn't come in'

Simple stewarding!

:P

Re: Whoever Let The Pompey Drum In

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:24 am

Helped create a good atmosphere.

Most vocal away crowd for some time.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:31 am

We should not be giving opposition teams any encouragement and i think we should ban the opposition fans bringing drums into our ground starting with Palace on Tuesday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:12 am

No problem with it myself. thought the guy 'played' it well and it sort of helped the atmosphere at our end too ;)

I've invited him back to stir us into life against the Palace on Tuesday!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:38 am

wouldn't say he played it well he banged shit out of it for 90mins even when they didn't sing. can't say how good our drummer is mind. hope palace aren't allowed any instruments. can't let them get behind their players too much :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:41 am

You need rhythmn boys

eazeee now

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:16 am

he had trumpet , bell he had a full brass section kept on playing something different every couple of mins. but fair play to the pompy fans did thier team proud today :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:30 am

Sounded like an Indian wedding ! :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:37 am

Of course it shouldn't be allowed, this is our ground and we should have the advantage and not hand it to the away team!!!

No drums or anything else allowed in for away teams definitely.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:50 am

Bluebina wrote:Of course it shouldn't be allowed, this is our ground and we should have the advantage and not hand it to the away team!!!

No drums or anything else allowed in for away teams definitely.

Especially when there drum / music is clearly Prem league, ours in WPL.

I'm consistent, I'd rather get rid of all drums.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:20 am

away fans should be allowed and encouraged to make as much noise as possible,its certainly not cheap to follow football and if a fellow wants to bang on a drum or blow on a horn then they should be allowed.
I personally hope visiting teams bring huge numbers and passionate fans because it adds to the ocassion and its up to us to drown them out really athome isnt it ?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:17 pm

the ground shouldn't be relaxing for away fans and they shouldn't have the luxuries they have at home games. we should have the gutters for the roof all running to on top of the away end and have loads of holes in the roof their so it filters through like a sieve. shouldn't have their name on the scoreboard should just have the other or something like that. we don't want them feeling welcome.....

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:49 pm

a horse with no name wrote:the ground shouldn't be relaxing for away fans and they shouldn't have the luxuries they have at home games. we should have the gutters for the roof all running to on top of the away end and have loads of holes in the roof their so it filters through like a sieve. shouldn't have their name on the scoreboard should just have the other or something like that. we don't want them feeling welcome.....

why not just have them sat in the carpark

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Something to consider for those in favour? We couldn't hear our drum sat just over half way to the pompey end!

Why give any away teams any encouragement, we should be calling the shots at our stadium surely?

Can't even get a plastic bottle in at our gate, so how the **** do they get an iron bell and full drum kit in?

:o :shock:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:25 pm

I agree. Whoever let the drums, trumpet and bell in is a complete idiot. It's Cardiff City Stadium, not Fratton Park. Had no chance of starting a chant off in the Ninian yesterday! They never used to let them in at Ninian Park. They won't even let us have a drum in our stand, it has to be a on a platform! So many idiots at our club.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:42 pm

Totally agree. If we tried taking a drum into an away ground we all know we wouldn't be allowed in. Why be so accomodating to opposing fans when we get treated like prisoners? Also, there is the health and safety issue.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:05 pm

JonCCFC wrote:I agree. Whoever let the drums, trumpet and bell in is a complete idiot. It's Cardiff City Stadium, not Fratton Park. Had no chance of starting a chant off in the Ninian yesterday! They never used to let them in at Ninian Park. They won't even let us have a drum in our stand, it has to be a on a platform! So many idiots at our club.

Totally agree - i don't mind the away fans helping create an atmosphere but they should not be allowed to dicate it.
At some stages yesterday I was unsure whether we were the away supporters - no more away team drums!!!!

:old: