Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JOE MASON

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:00 am

Maybe time to go back on the bench for a few games recharge the batteries, just like Conway did.

Was well off the pace today, and in the cup game at Palace. His usual reliable touch / control was letting him down today, he snatched and rushed two golden chances, and was at fault for their second with a lazy clearance.

We have to remember he is just a kid, and personally I dont think he is at the level to play every game at this level yet. Certainly not at the level to have influence on every game like your Whitts, your Gunnars, and your Millers.

Personally, with us chasing a winner, and Joe having a bad day at the office, I was surprised Malky didnt throw Earnie on tbh. He is so out of favour, its sad to see. I dont see the point of Malky even putting him on the bench as he obviously has no intention of using him. Shame to treat a Cardiff legend that way,

Re: JOE MASON

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:09 am

polo wrote:Maybe time to go back on the bench for a few games recharge the batteries, just like Conway did.

Was well off the pace today, and in the cup game at Palace. His usual reliable touch / control was letting him down today, he snatched and rushed two golden chances, and was at fault for their second with a lazy clearance.

We have to remember he is just a kid, and personally I dont think he is at the level to play every game at this level yet. Certainly not at the level to have influence on every game like your Whitts, your Gunnars, and your Millers.

Personally, with us chasing a winner, and Joe having a bad day at the office, I was surprised Malky didnt throw Earnie on tbh. He is so out of favour, its sad to see. I dont see the point of Malky even putting him on the bench as he obviously has no intention of using him. Shame to treat a Cardiff legend that way,

I agree with the mason part, like you say hes could be a real quality player but hes still young.
the earnie part, when we were 2-1 down and 2-2 people were saying change it etc.
But I still thought we were totally dominating and look likeed scoring in every attack, personally I felt malky did the right thing by leaving it. But had we still be 2-1 down after 75/80mins I have no doubt earnie would have been used.
Today was a great game and performance, 3-2 flattered pompy, it could have been 7.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:12 am

Totally agree polo,mason well off the pace today( cracking player just not today ).Conway good today,miller worked his socks off.Thought we gave the ball away too much ie gunnarson cowie but i,m just being picky brilliant result can,t believe portsmouth scored two ? :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:12 am

absolutely agree with this about Mason. he's a player still in development

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:16 am

milly44 wrote:
polo wrote:Maybe time to go back on the bench for a few games recharge the batteries, just like Conway did.

I agree with the mason part, like you say hes could be a real quality player but hes still young.
the earnie part, when we were 2-1 down and 2-2 people were saying change it etc.
But I still thought we were totally dominating and look likeed scoring in every attack, personally I felt malky did the right thing by leaving it. But had we still be 2-1 down after 75/80mins I have no doubt earnie would have been used.
Today was a great game and performance, 3-2 flattered pompy, it could have been 7.

Game should have been wrapped up by 30 mins.

Credit where its due mind, we done well to fight back.Having been in charge and then find ourselves losing we could have felt sorry for ourselves but we didnt.

It was like Bristol City game last year, even though we were losing the whole place, players and crowd, seemed to believe we would still win it.

And we did. GET IN!!!!

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:17 am

woodyfromtred wrote:Totally agree polo,mason well off the pace today( cracking player just not today ).Conway good today,miller worked his socks off.Thought we gave the ball away too much ie gunnarson cowie but i,m just being picky brilliant result can,t believe portsmouth scored two ? :ayatollah:

Woody we GAVE them 2 goals mate. They could barely get near our penalty box, apart from the last ten mins of the 1st half, beginning of the 2nd.

we totally bossed them and 3-2 doesnt do us credit. As Milly said could have been 7.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:23 am

polo wrote:
woodyfromtred wrote:Totally agree polo,mason well off the pace today( cracking player just not today ).Conway good today,miller worked his socks off.Thought we gave the ball away too much ie gunnarson cowie but i,m just being picky brilliant result can,t believe portsmouth scored two ? :ayatollah:

Woody we GAVE them 2 goals mate. They could barely get near our penalty box, apart from the last ten mins of the 1st half, beginning of the 2nd.

we totally bossed them and 3-2 doesnt do us credit. As Milly said could have been 7.

miller should have scored another one darcy did all the hard work and missed like when he hit the post against the jacks.And marshall he will be gutted with the first goal :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:28 am

I thought a striker was needed but a mason replacement and not a miller replacemt. We needed someone to hold the ball up and didn't have it.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:28 am

woodyfromtred wrote:
polo wrote:

miller should have scored another one darcy did all the hard work and missed like when he hit the post against the jacks.And marshall he will be gutted with the first goal :ayatollah:

Was a great move that Darcy chance. Little round the corner from Miller was class. Darcy surprised the defender with his pace and gutted he didnt score. Would have been a great goal.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:29 am

Another thing - cant be ased to make a new thread on it, so I will chuck it in here!

CARDIFF CITY FANS WERE FIRST CLASS TODAY!!! I may be wrong but I felt we played a massive part today.

When Marshall dropped the ball for there goal, he as gutted and turned to the canton held his hand up in apology, in return he recieved chants of do the :ayatollah: marshall and scotlands number 1. Would have been easy to get on his back. Also thought the atmosphere was very good today!

WELL DONE TO US ALL :D

BRING ON TUESDAY!!

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:32 am

2blue2handle wrote:I thought a striker was needed but a mason replacement and not a miller replacemt. We needed someone to hold the ball up and didn't have it.

Stephen Dobbie, ideal in that just off the striker position that Mason plays.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:34 am

milly44 wrote:Another thing - cant be ased to make a new thread on it, so I will chuck it in here!

CARDIFF CITY FANS WERE FIRST CLASS TODAY!!! I may be wrong but I felt we played a massive part today.

When Marshall dropped the ball for there goal, he as gutted and turned to the canton held his hand up in apology, in return he recieved chants of do the :ayatollah: marshall and scotlands number 1. Would have been easy to get on his back. Also thought the atmosphere was very good today!

BRING ON TUESDAY!!

FACT

Best atmosphere for a while.

if only it was like that in times of adversity last season.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:35 am

polo wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I thought a striker was needed but a mason replacement and not a miller replacemt. We needed someone to hold the ball up and didn't have it.

Stephen Dobbie, ideal in that just off the striker position that Mason plays.

I'm not against him but felt we needed a striker today to come on and had nothing.
Always feel Dobbie is more of a counter attacker.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:39 am

polo wrote:
milly44 wrote:Another thing - cant be ased to make a new thread on it, so I will chuck it in here!

BRING ON TUESDAY!!

FACT

YOU ONLY WRITE THINGS LIKE THIS AS YOU KNOW I BITE :twisted:

works both ways mate, when you feel in it together as fans, players, manager etc it goes along way.
When you have a dour faced scouse c**t blaming everything on fans and players it doesnt take much to make a negative even worse!!
Im sure most today still fancied us at 2-1 down, not even you as close as you and Jones are would have thought that last year!

(EDIT** for some reason I thought 2blur2handle wrote this, hense his love for jones and the bite part :oops:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:43 am

milly44 wrote:
polo wrote:

BRING ON TUESDAY!!

FACT

works both ways mate, when you feel in it together as fans, players, manager etc it goes along way.
When you have a dour faced scouse c**t blaming everything on fans and players it doesnt take much to make a negative even worse!!
Im sure most today still fancied us at 2-1 down, not even you as close as you and Jones are would have thought that last year!

(EDIT** for some reason I thought 2blur2handle wrote this, hense his love for jones and the bite part :oops:

I dunno mate. It reminded me of the Bristol City game last year. We battled back from 2 down in that one as well, Albeit we had longer to turn it around.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:46 am

milly44 wrote:
polo wrote:

BRING ON TUESDAY!!

FACT

Your sounding more like midfield general everyday with your back tracking :D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:46 am

polo wrote:
milly44 wrote:
polo wrote:

BRING ON TUESDAY!!

FACT

I dunno mate. It reminded me of the Bristol City game last year. We battled back from 2 down in that one as well, Albeit we had longer to turn it around.

fair point, I just have far more confidence this season when we need to roll up our sleeves and show a set of balls :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:51 am

There is more togetherness Milly I will give you that, although I dont think last year was soley down to Jones, even though he does need to shoulder most of the blame. Fans deluded expectations didnt help. Just cos we signed Bellamy some were just thinking we would walk the league.

Did hear a few groans from the odd prick shortly after their 2nd but not too many.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:55 am

polo wrote:There is more togetherness Milly I will give you that, although I dont think last year was soley down to Jones, even though he does need to shoulder most of the blame. Fans deluded expectations didnt help. Just cos we signed Bellamy some were just thinking we would walk the league.

Did hear a few groans from the odd prick shortly after their 2nd but not too many.

I agree with this.
I'd be interested to see how MM would deal with the egos.

But I totally think jones was sacked and MM brought in at the right time.
MM was my number one choice and chuffed its worked out so far but fans are fickle so...

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:57 am

polo wrote:There is more togetherness Milly I will give you that, although I dont think last year was soley down to Jones, even though he does need to shoulder most of the blame. Fans deluded expectations didnt help. Just cos we signed Bellamy some were just thinking we would walk the league.

I dont think it totally jones fault either (and i hate the c**t), chopra etc who act like spoilt pricks dont do us any favours, and that isnt up to Jones to father them every minute of the day agreed. But the things he could control, his personally, his media skills, his relationship with fans, his ability to manage a football team :) can be questioned....

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:01 am

milly44 wrote:

I dont think it totally jones fault either (and i hate the c**t), chopra etc who act like spoilt pricks dont do us any favours, and that isnt up to Jones to father them every minute of the day agreed. But the things he could control, his personally, his media skills, his relationship with fans, his ability to manage a football team :) can be questioned....

For a man with so many faults he didnt have do well to get us knocking on the door 3 or 4 years in a row :D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:08 am

polo wrote:
milly44 wrote:

For a man with so many faults he didnt have do well to get us knocking on the door 3 or 4 years in a row :D

I will start a petition to get him knighted :D

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:11 am

Oh my god I agree with Polo on something, what has happened to the universe?! lol

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:14 am

welshie wrote:Oh my god I agree with Polo on something, what has happened to the universe?! lol

Hes talking sense tonight he must be missing MIDFIELD GENITAL ;)
The b*stard tied me in knots with that last comment :lol:
deep down he knows I have a point though.....maybe!

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:14 am

milly44 wrote:
polo wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Is that a typo? did you mean knived? :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:16 am

Dont tempt me, I have already been on the naughty step once today :twisted:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:19 am

milly44 wrote:
polo wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Such a silly post :roll:

You know I've already started one :ugeek: :old: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:21 am

polo wrote:
woodyfromtred wrote:
polo wrote:

Was a great move that Darcy chance. Little round the corner from Miller was class. Darcy surprised the defender with his pace and gutted he didnt score. Would have been a great goal.

Surprised the defender and then surprised us....by missing the best chance since he hit the post 2 years ago!!

Man of the Match? No siree! That was Hudson by a country mile! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:29 am

My dear polo,reference earnie you said in your post and i quote Shame to treat a Cardiff legend that way, is this a genuine criticism of Malky's handling of Earnshaw,if it is i would 100% agree with you,i thought Dave Jones was the only manager to be so small minded about players he never rated but now it would seem Malky is no different,of course the decent thing to do is try to sell Earnie on to a club who wants him of course Malky could be dithering about this as well as dithering over adding to our squad

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:32 am

angelis49 wrote:My dear polo,reference earnie you said in your post and i quote Shame to treat a Cardiff legend that way, is this a genuine criticism of Malky's handling of Earnshaw,if it is i would 100% agree with you,i thought Dave Jones was the only manager to be so small minded about players he never rated but now it would seem Malky is no different,of course the decent thing to do is try to sell Earnie on to a club who wants him of course Malky could be dithering about this as well as dithering over adding to our squad

No place for earnie today.
Earnie legend status should have no baring on a game at all.