Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Some good news on my Wife yesterday !!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:45 pm

I had said in a previous post that Cathy's MS had been progressing at a very high rate and her consultant had decided to take her off the current medication as he believed it wasn't giving her any benefit. But he had offered her a new wonder drug that has just been licensed in the UK and by all means its supposed to cut relapses up to 80% which is better than her 30% on the drugs she had been taking.

There was also one slight downside that she could catch a fatal brain disease caused by a virus that is activated by this new drug. She had a 50/50 chance of having this Virus, of which 50% of the population carry this virus. But is harmless or very rare that someone would get this brain disease in the population .

Cath was understandably worried that she might have this virus but a blood test that was sent to Germany has proved she is clear. So she now only has to have an MRI to go before she get the new drugs.

And to top off the DLA has decided to give her the benefits she deserves so the appeal has now stopped. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Some good news on my Wife yesterday !!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I had said in a previous post that Cathy's MS had been progressing at a very high rate and her consultant had decided to take her off the current medication as he believed it wasn't giving her any benefit. But he had offered her a new wonder drug that has just been licensed in the UK and by all means its supposed to cut relapses up to 80% which is better than her 30% on the drugs she had been taking.

There was also one slight downside that she could catch a fatal brain disease caused by a virus that is activated by this new drug. She had a 50/50 chance of having this Virus, of which 50% of the population carry this virus. But is harmless or very rare that someone would get this brain disease in the population .

Cath was understandably worried that she might have this virus but a blood test that was sent to Germany has proved she is clear. So she now only has to have an MRI to go before she get the new drugs.

And to top off the DLA has decided to give her the benefits she deserves so the appeal has now stopped. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

fantastic news nukes!!

all the stress of going to an appeal then someone with a bit of common sense does the right thing....

hope all goes well :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Fantastic news Steve, pass on my best wishes! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Great news matey, well pleased for you :D

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Dange wrote:Fantastic news Steve, pass on my best wishes! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Likewise Steve :ayatollah: Great news mate.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I had said in a previous post that Cathy's MS had been progressing at a very high rate and her consultant had decided to take her off the current medication as he believed it wasn't giving her any benefit. But he had offered her a new wonder drug that has just been licensed in the UK and by all means its supposed to cut relapses up to 80% which is better than her 30% on the drugs she had been taking.

Good news :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:58 pm

great news mate, i wish you all the best and i mean that

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Cheers Lads :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: . For the first time since she has had this disease there is hope, real hope. And it was the first time ever i have seen her consultant with a smile on his face giving us hope. There is also a cure on the horizon hopefully within ten to fifteen years. And it is this particular project i am hoping to raise Money for in the summer with the Car wash and Pool competition. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:08 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Cheers Lads :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: . For the first time since she has had this disease there is hope, real hope. And it was the first time ever i have seen her consultant with a smile on his face giving us hope. There is also a cure on the horizon hopefully within ten to fifteen years. And it is this particular project i am hoping to raise Money for in the summer with the Car wash and Pool competition. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

MS is f*cking evil. Hope the cure comes asap.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Cheers Lads :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: . For the first time since she has had this disease there is hope, real hope. And it was the first time ever i have seen her consultant with a smile on his face giving us hope. There is also a cure on the horizon hopefully within ten to fifteen years. And it is this particular project i am hoping to raise Money for in the summer with the Car wash and Pool competition. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

MS is f*cking evil. Hope the cure comes asap.

So do we mate. But you are right about it being Evil Though. My description of it is "its the work of the Devil" :evil:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:15 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:great news mate, i wish you all the best and i mean that

Couldn't agree more..best of luck to both of you. I'm going through the same type of thing with my wife so I know how tough it can be...... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:16 pm

KP1964 wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:great news mate, i wish you all the best and i mean that

Couldn't agree more..best of luck to both of you. I'm going through the same type of thing with my wife so I know how tough it can be...... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Awesome news Steve ....amazing to hear some positives for your wife... really happy for you all :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:21 pm

city112 wrote:Awesome news Steve ....amazing to hear some positives for your wife... really happy for you all :ayatollah:

Chief it is also very good news for all MS sufferers. I hope you can make the charity event and hope your missus can make it as well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
city112 wrote:Awesome news Steve ....amazing to hear some positives for your wife... really happy for you all :ayatollah:

Chief it is also very good news for all MS sufferers. I hope you can make the charity event and hope your missus can make it as well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'll be popping down definelty

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Nukes that's awesome news, is that the transfusion once a month? Heard awesome reports about it!
Clearly she's already tried other disease modifying drugs, so this could be the answer. Fingers crossed and hope it goes well
Still owe you a beer and let me know if/when you want car wash donation

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:13 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Great news :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Steve, I'm over the moon for you both. I know what it means and the difference it can make to Mrs Nukes!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 pm

great news mr nukes.best wishes to you and your family

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:46 pm

dougblue wrote:

Nukes that's awesome news, is that the transfusion once a month? Heard awesome reports about it!
Clearly she's already tried other disease modifying drugs, so this could be the answer. Fingers crossed and hope it goes well
Still owe you a beer and let me know if/when you want car wash donation

Yes it is Chief but it an "infusion". She wont look like a pin cushion now mate :lol: :lol: :lol: The fund raising will be on a match Day so hope to see you there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:47 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Steve, I'm over the moon for you both. I know what it means and the difference it can make to Mrs Nukes!!!!

cHEERS sVEN

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Nukes, let us know when your planning to do your charity days, myself and Jules will come down from Luton. Hope things go well for you and Mrs Nukes!

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:23 am

thats great news nukes ... i really hope the new drugs makes all your lifes a lot easier! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:31 am

Glad to hear that mate :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:32 am

Brilliant news Steve. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:02 am

Beds Bluebird wrote:

Nukes, let us know when your planning to do your charity days, myself and Jules will come down from Luton. Hope things go well for you and Mrs Nukes!

Great idea Matt, just hope it will be when either of us are'nt on holiday!!
Worthwhile journey to help a friend for a great cause!!
I'm crap at pool but can wash cars no problem :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Hope everyyhing works out well mate..fair play to u you keep head up with all u got gping on,as i had no idea fella.
Anyway wish her all the best from this peg selling jack.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Hope everyyhing works out well mate..fair play to u you keep head up with all u got gping on,as i had no idea fella.
Anyway wish her all the best from this peg selling jack.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Very glad to know That , Great ! :ayatollah: