Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Travelling to the CCS ? by Palace fan

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi again Cardiff fans.

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but could any of you give me some help in directions to your stadium?

I'll probably be in the city centre with my friend who is at Uni near Heath Park I think it is, are there certain buses that would get me to the ground and if so what ones and how long would they take? Also what buses go from those halls of residence? Google maps reckons I can get a bus from the halls of residence to cardiff central train station and walk it. Is it walkable distance from there?

Sorry for my massive ignorance.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Travelling to the CCS

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:34 pm

It is walkable but if it's raining it's a no go!!!! Just jump in a Cab from the station and ask to be taken to Sloper rd. :ayatollah:

Re: Travelling to the CCS

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:45 pm

BlueCheg wrote:It is walkable but if it's raining it's a no go!!!! Just jump in a Cab from the station and ask to be taken to Sloper rd. :ayatollah:

This!!

Re: Travelling to the CCS ? by Palace fan

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:57 pm

If you go from the central train station then go to platform 7 and catch the next train to Radyr. Ninian Park will be the first stop.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks guys, looks like it's gonna be a nightmare to get back if I got a train to Ninian or grangetown(?) if the game went to extra time or penalties so I'll jump in a cab both ways.

Hope you all have a safe journey, even if it is a short one. Can't say I wish you luck because I want Palace to get to Wembley obviously!

Once again, really appreciate the help!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 pm

PalaceFan wrote:Hi again Cardiff fans.

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but could any of you give me some help in directions to your stadium?

I'll probably be in the city centre with my friend who is at Uni near Heath Park I think it is, are there certain buses that would get me to the ground and if so what ones and how long would they take? Also what buses go from those halls of residence? Google maps reckons I can get a bus from the halls of residence to cardiff central train station and walk it. Is it walkable distance from there?

Thanks in advance.

I would get a taxi from central train station to Ninian Park pub around £6 then 5 min walk to ground prior to kick off. After game taxis from Canton back to city centre or follow the crowd right out of stadium and head to grangetown trains to city centre

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:38 pm

if u catch the bus its number 95 barry from platform f outside train station

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Even I would get a taxi and I know all the areas. It's not worth the hassle.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks in advance.

I've been to Cardiff many times- try to blend in when travelling to the ground.

Ask one of the natives "hello butty, I wanna get to the city. How do I get there like?"

Also, you could wear a daffodil in your lapel and repeat every 30 seconds or so- "fuckin 'ell mun."

As an extra precaution tell everyone in ear shot- "Christ mun where's the women, I need a shag." That way they wont sus you out as a Palace fairy.

Enjoy.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Ninian Park Pub for this game is for home fans only.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:04 am

forest lad wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Ask one of the natives "hello butty, I wanna get to the city. How do I get there like?"

Also, you could wear a daffodil in your lapel and repeat every 30 seconds or so- "fuckin 'ell mun."

As an extra precaution tell everyone in ear shot- "Christ mun where's the women, I need a shag." That way they wont sus you out as a Palace fairy.

Enjoy.

How do you know so much about us??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:Ninian Park Pub for this game is for home fans only.

No harm in letting a few sneak in ;)

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:34 am

that should be the same for every single game not just this one

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:07 am

forest lad wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy.

You could blend in easier by saying 'it was hard during the strike'

Oh sorry you can't say that can you? You scabby filth

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:14 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
forest lad wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy.

You could blend in easier by saying 'it was hard during the strike'

Oh sorry you can't say that can you? You scabby filth

You need a few lessons in humour pal.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:28 pm

forest lad wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Enjoy.

Classic :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:29 pm

keep me a space :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:56 pm

google maps street view helps :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Or if you catch the numder 2 from outsde Tesco Extra at 1806 gets you to outside the CCS Sloper Rd about 1830 or the 1830 get you there about 1850 but to get back catch a Taxi.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:21 pm

caerblue wrote:

that should be the same for every single game not just this one

agree 100%