in family stand all you could here was pompy-

Re: DRUM

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:39 pm

You could barely hear Pompey in the canton

The problem with that stadium it doesn't hold the noise in

The drum did get things going at times but it was also a bit annoying imo

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:57 pm

i thought the drum worked well, the atmosphere virtually died in the canton when the drumming stopped

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:20 pm

thanks everyone there is a difference of opinion between the 2 message boards? lol

We desperately need more instruments though, I've had a call from a young drummer in Ely who is interested so will get in touch with him to see what he wants to play snare tom tom or the bass drum! but brass is the key for variety

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Its been a revelation far more people getting involved in the Canton it drives people on. God bless the drum and all that bang her :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:38 pm

here is my view on the drum.

The drum can be used to create an atmosphere if it is used correctly, continuous rythemless beating of a drum is not working. IT will do some peoples head in, some fans might even stop coming because of this.

The drum needs to be used to get the crowd singing, and gain momentum of a song. once the song is in full swing, stop drumming, let the crowd soak it up. Also, the drummer needs to understand when to use the drum and when to not, this will come over time. when the crowd is siging at its fullest, do we need to the drum....no.

If the crowd is continuously singing them why beat the drum, the crowd is doing the atmosphere, we dont need sudden beating just for the sake of it.

The drum needs to become secondary to the crowd, not the crowd secondary to the drum. this is what it is at the moment. It needs to be an addded alternative to help spice up the atmosphere, not just beating the drum for the sake of it to try and get the crowd going.

I;m sure over time, things will pan out, the drummer, will learn when to use it ansd when to not and also what songs work and dont etc...

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:here is my view on the drum.

The drum can be used to create an atmosphere if it is used correctly, continuous rythemless beating of a drum is not working. IT will do some peoples head in, some fans might even stop coming because of this.

The drum needs to be used to get the crowd singing, and gain momentum of a song. once the song is in full swing, stop drumming, let the crowd soak it up. Also, the drummer needs to understand when to use the drum and when to not, this will come over time. when the crowd is siging at its fullest, do we need to the drum....no.

If the crowd is continuously singing them why beat the drum, the crowd is doing the atmosphere, we dont need sudden beating just for the sake of it.

The drum needs to become secondary to the crowd, not the crowd secondary to the drum. this is what it is at the moment. It needs to be an addded alternative to help spice up the atmosphere, not just beating the drum for the sake of it to try and get the crowd going.

Totally agree with this!

I;m sure over time, things will pan out, the drummer, will learn when to use it ansd when to not and also what songs work and dont etc...