Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DARCY BLAKE MOM

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:04 pm

First of all this is just a trivial moan, I was delighted with todays result and performance and thought we showed some class and guts today.

However, while Darcy Blake had a reasonable game, and was solid enough, I was staggered when I heard he was Man of the Match!!!! It will probably give him a boost so thats good but on merit Hudson, Whittingham, Conway and Miller were miles ahead of Darcy today. Hudson gets so much stick but he was unbelievable today! His reading of the game was top notch, and he got an important goal but the best thing for me was his distribution from the back. Rarely did he just hoof it, like Turner and Gerrard can be guilty of, he always played the ball to feet. Dont get me wrong, Darcy had a decent game but I really cant see how he could have been man of the match!

Anyway, fantastic result today and looking forward to Tuesday night :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: DARCY BLAKE MOM

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Jim,

I am glad Malkie has stuck with Darcy and sorted him out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Jim,

I am glad Malkie has stuck with Darcy and sorted him out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But has he Annis ? Is he towing the line though ? Hmm

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:08 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

Come on then Steve .

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Come on then Steve .

Ask Carlos :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Couldn't disagree more, Darcy had a great game and I voted for him as MOM.

He put in a great effort and was up and down the right-flank all game. He gives the back line some much needed pace and in a 50/50 chase with an opposition player he always comes out on top.

My second choice would have been Conway.

Hudson scored a great goal and led the team well, but his distribution at times was dreadful and again questions have to be asked why Portsmouth got a goal from a corner.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Come on then Steve .

Ask Carlos :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:13 pm

:ayatollah:

im glad also... i always like to see the local lads do well.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Certainly not a RB in my opinion.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Annis - I'm glad Darcy is back as well, defensively he is very good, distribution isnt the best but just hope he makes the most of his chance now.

Its not that i dont think Darcy played well today, he didnt do bad at all, but I just think there were some who were a level above, namely Hudson. If Hudson scored a hatrick in the play-off final some fans would still slag him off. He was superb today. Whittingham again proved why he is generally considered the best player in the league, he was constantly involved and his through ball for Miller in the first half was top class, while Conway set up one, scored a great winner and gave us real width. I cant therefore quite work out how Darcy won MOM. It's not really important in the great scheme of things, and I like Darcy, but it must be very dispiriting for someone like Hudson who never gets any credit, even when he plays very well. It reminds me of how Whittingham has been treated by many fans up until this season, chronically underappreciated.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:16 pm

thought he was playing for then. kept passing it straight to them.

conway or whitts for me.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Annis - I'm glad Darcy is back as well, defensively he is very good, distribution isnt the best but just hope he makes the most of his chance now.

Its not that i dont think Darcy played well today, he didnt do bad at all, but I just think there were some who were a level above, namely Hudson. If Hudson scored a hatrick in the play-off final some fans would still slag him off. He was superb today. Whittingham again proved why he is generally considered the best player in the league, he was constantly involved and his through ball for Miller in the first half was top class, while Conway set up one, scored a great winner and gave us real width. I cant therefore quite work out how Darcy won MOM. It's not really important in the great scheme of things, and I like Darcy, but it must be very dispiriting for someone like Hudson who never gets any credit, even when he plays very well. It reminds me of how Whittingham has been treated by many fans up until this season, chronically underappreciated.

Some good points there as always Jim, hope your ankle is better. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:Annis - I'm glad Darcy is back as well, defensively he is very good, distribution isnt the best but just hope he makes the most of his chance now.

Some good points there as always Jim, hope your ankle is better. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Annis, im off the crutches now, good 4-5 months before im back playing though but Malky's revolution is certainly putting a big smile on my face! 2-3 more signings in the right areas and we must have a real chance! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Cheers Annis, im off the crutches now, good 4-5 months before im back playing though but Malky's revolution is certainly putting a big smile on my face! 2-3 more signings in the right areas and we must have a real chance! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great to hear Jim, Loving my football under Malky. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Pop in the Ninian soon. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:28 pm

i though Miller was our unsung hero today and deserved the acolade of MOM

jimbo who do you play for ?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:31 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:i though Miller was our unsung hero today and deserved the acolade of MOM

jimbo who do you play for ?

I was at Caerleon and Merthyr a few years ago but my ankle issues have restricted me to 5 aside in recent years, just had a full scale ankle reconstruction though so hopefully i can get back playing 11 aside soon. Who do you play for mate?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Blake should have scored, Hudson led be example scored, and a couple of well timed tackles, he is my MOM, head and shoulders, above Blake.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:36 pm

jammsy 1927 wrote:Blake should have scored, Hudson led be example scored, and a couple of well timed tackles, he is my MOM, head and shoulders, above Blake.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:37 pm

he played well but let himself down abit with bad passes

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:39 pm

talking of caerleon i might be up there to watch them in a couple of weeks time . i had a brief spell with them back in 1989 !

if your ankle gets better perhaps turn out for our messageboard in the summer if we get a side together again ?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:40 pm

jinks-rct wrote:he played well but let himself down abit with bad passes

bad doesnt do them justice.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:43 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:talking of caerleon i might be up there to watch them in a couple of weeks time . i had a brief spell with them back in 1989 !

if your ankle gets better perhaps turn out for our messageboard in the summer if we get a side together again ?

:P bit before my time! I was at Taffswell for a bit as well, although I was turning like a truck by then because of a chocolate ankle! Definietly keep me in the loop about a messageboard knock about, im hoping i can be back playing by July so that would be perfect! Cant wait to kick a ball again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:44 pm

1 FACT not dangerous mb rumors Darcy has sorted himself! Changed completely since DJ was here! People have posted things on here that darcy was here and there and it is total bollox! As long as he plays well for us who gives a f@£k

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:15 pm

G.R.A. wrote:1 FACT not dangerous mb rumors Darcy has sorted himself! Changed completely since DJ was here! People have posted things on here that darcy was here and there and it is total bollox! As long as he plays well for us who gives a f@£k

to be fair Darcy must be toeing the line as Malky would not let him near the squad if he wasnt. Thats one reason why Wildig has been completely bombed out this season!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
G.R.A. wrote:1 FACT not dangerous mb rumors Darcy has sorted himself! Changed completely since DJ was here! People have posted things on here that darcy was here and there and it is total bollox! As long as he plays well for us who gives a f@£k

to be fair Darcy must be toeing the line as Malky would not let him near the squad if he wasnt. Thats one reason why Wildig has been completely bombed out this season!

Or the fact Wilding is nowhere near good enough for the championship.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:23 pm

I'm not saying darcy is good enough for this squad as his short passing is shocking to be fair. It's just shocking when people lie about things which could damage a boys career! Yes he may be no angel but why people try to critise now and imply things is beyond me!

Look at Chopra he should have been a legend it was his fault but he couldn't take a shit without someone exaggerating it on a messageboard.

As for the 3-0 defeat to boro last year who'd has given a toss if it was a 3-0 win! Yes it was wrong what the players did but personally who gives a shit if were winning!

Anyway sorry guys rant over

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:27 pm

polo wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:

Or the fact Wilding is nowhere near good enough for the championship.

thats another matter, something I happen to agree with, but I know for a fact that Malky was far from impressed with Wildigs application and attitude and thats why he wasnt even on the bench in early Carling Cup games!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:05 pm

He did well - but some of his passing was atrocious today. I thought Taylor had a better game than him today.

However, Conway should have been MOM today, but I suspect most people had already voted by the time he scored the winner!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:41 pm

polo wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:he played well but let himself down abit with bad passes

bad doesnt do them justice.

For once I agree with you, Polo

Although he did help set up the first goal with that crazy cross that was heading into 117 before it crashed into the luckless Pompeyite and went out for the corner which led to the goal by Kenny Miller!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:13 am

MOZZER1 wrote:talking of caerleon i might be up there to watch them in a couple of weeks time . i had a brief spell with them back in 1989 !

So you would of played in the same team as mccartney, mousey, keith davies, dibsy, nicky davies etc? or have I got the wrong era, I may be doing you a favour here regarding age moz :lol: