Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED TODAY WITH THE

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Stewards around 116 Ninian stand :evil: , just after cardiff scored the 3rd goal the old guy that sits in front of us (with i think his son) had what looked like a heart attack or a stroke. I rushed down to the front by the pitch to try and get a steward to call for a paramedic, the 1st women steward i spoke to kept asking "what did you say?", the 2nd steward said "what do you want me to do about it?" and the 3rd steward did go and find somebody, at this point 3-4 mins had passed. I cant belive the attitudes of some of the stewards when someones life is at risk, this needs to be sorted out. Seems like they had no idea what to do in a situation like that. Also i was told only chief stewards can call paramedics (surely not ??!!) If anybody has heard how the guy is can you let me know. :( :o

Re: ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED TODAY WITH THE

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:Stewards around 116 Ninian stand :evil: , just after cardiff scored the 3rd goal the old guy that sits in front of us (with i think his son) had what looked like a heart attack or a stroke. I rushed down to the front by the pitch to try and get a steward to call for a paramedic, the 1st women steward i spoke to kept asking "what did you say?", the 2nd steward said "what do you want me to do about it?" and the 3rd steward did go and find somebody, at this point 3-4 mins had passed. I cant belive the attitudes of some of the stewards when someones life is at risk, this needs to be sorted out. Seems like they had no idea what to do in a situation like that. Also i was told only chief stewards can call paramedics (surely not ??!!) If anybody has heard how the guy is can you let me know. :( :o

i find this shocking!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:Stewards around 116 Ninian stand :evil: , just after cardiff scored the 3rd goal the old guy that sits in front of us (with i think his son) had what looked like a heart attack or a stroke. I rushed down to the front by the pitch to try and get a steward to call for a paramedic, the 1st women steward i spoke to kept asking "what did you say?", the 2nd steward said "what do you want me to do about it?" and the 3rd steward did go and find somebody, at this point 3-4 mins had passed. I cant belive the attitudes of some of the stewards when someones life is at risk, this needs to be sorted out. Seems like they had no idea what to do in a situation like that. Also i was told only chief stewards can call paramedics (surely not ??!!) If anybody has heard how the guy is can you let me know. :( :o

I saw you, I wondered what was going on, that explains it.

Our stewards, I will be honest, I have not much faith in them.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:55 pm

i sit a litle further back and the stewards were shocking! hope the guy is going to be ok!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I saw you, I wondered what was going on, that explains it.

Our stewards, I will be honest, I have not much faith in them.

I just find it INCREDIBLE

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Shocking you would have thought they all would have first aid training. At the very least they all have radios to summon help. Get in touch with the Club and get clarification on this matter Chief.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:58 pm

Get the stewards Name next game and report him , and tell him to his face your going to report him. :twisted:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:59 pm

I hope you put in a proper complaint, it's simply unacceptble.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:00 pm

This makes me sick!!

They have a duty of care!

There is a poster on here that is a steward.

Maybe he can let us know if the chap is ok??

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Shocking you would have thought they all would have first aid training. At the very least they all have radios to summon help. Get in touch with the Club and get clarification on this matter Chief.

I am going down Monday morning

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:This makes me sick!!

They have a duty of care!

There is a poster on here that is a steward.

Maybe he can let us know if the chap is ok??

jonny jobsworth. he was orobably steward no.2.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Did anyone else see one of ours get dragged over the segregation barrier by potatoe head and frog marched off by the police? One of the stewards started that, totally antagonised the fan, should have walked away but was very confrontational, knowing he had the bill on his side. That guy will probably now be charged with a sec 5 and banned. The steward fucked off after this, prick.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:12 pm

It seems ot me that the stweards are improperly trained for this. The club need to check out their procedures for this.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:It seems ot me that the stweards are improperly trained for this. The club need to check out their procedures for this.

I agree Ian and I will be passing this on to the club.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:It seems ot me that the stweards are improperly trained for this. The club need to check out their procedures for this.

Annis i am going down monday, who do i need to see to complain about this

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I have a good friend who is a head of stewards down there called "Toni Jones" ask to see if he is available to see you, no need to give my name, as he is generally a very nice chap and will point you in the right direction! good luck, hope the chap is ok too.....

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:03 pm

Merlin wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I have a good friend who is a head of stewards down there called "Toni Jones" ask to see if he is available to see you, no need to give my name, as he is generally a very nice chap and will point you in the right direction! good luck, hope the chap is ok too.....

Cheeers Merlin

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:20 pm

First ill start off I dont know if the fan is ok I hope he is
Im quite shocked by this myself and I wont make excuses for it
the only thing I will say is not every steward has a radio only supervisors and up so getting hold of a radio can take time but thats on the supervisors to make sure they are always within earshot
I wasnt in the area so I have no reference to what happened
with first aid last time this was discussed stewards are told not to practice first aid just manage the area to make it safe
I hope this situation can be improved so it wont happen again

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:23 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:First ill start off I dont know if the fan is ok I hope he is
the only thing I will say is not every steward has a radio only supervisors and up so getting hold of a radio can take time but thats on the supervisors to make sure they are always within earshot
with first aid last time this was discussed stewards are told not to practice first aid just manage the area to make it safe

You watch you dont have any splinters sitting on that fence Jonny :roll:

Not allowed to practise first aid, didnt have a radio, it doesnt matter. The response "What am I supposed to do about it" was a f*cking disgrace.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:28 pm

polo wrote:

Not allowed to practise first aid, didnt have a radio, it doesnt matter. The response "What am I supposed to do about it" was a f*cking disgrace.

im not saying its acceptable in anyway at all
to be told that when your looking for help is disgraceful
im not sitting on any fence im trying to answer a few questions which have been raised such as radios and first aid but to say 'what am i supposed to do about it' is disgraceful

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:31 pm

polo wrote:

I am suprissed Jonny that they wont give you first aid training. If you need any help fella i can sing staying alive when you are putting a plaster on someone :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
polo wrote:

I am suprissed Jonny that they wont give you first aid training. If you need any help fella i can sing staying alive when you are putting a plaster on someone :lol: :lol:

well it is controversial but i understand it with the level of law suits that go on these days where people start suing doctors when a family doesnt feel he/she has done their job properly a steward with a limited amount of first aid training isnt going to stand a chance, so we control the area and make the area safe and wait for the professionals

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:52 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
polo wrote:

well it is controversial but i understand it with the level of law suits that go on these days where people start suing doctors when a family doesnt feel he/she has done their job properly a steward with a limited amount of first aid training isnt going to stand a chance, so we control the area and make the area safe and wait for the professionals

Jonny i understand what you are saying, but the delay today of having to go to 3 stewards to get something done, might of cost a life (i hope not) this is not right by any means

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
polo wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
polo wrote:

Jonny i understand what you are saying, but the delay today of having to go to 3 stewards to get something done, might of cost a life (i hope not) this is not right by any means

no i agree with you its failed at the first hurdle having to get to 3 stewards before anything is done before the attempt of a call to get someone with a radio isnt right and needs to be sorted
I will say this has worked before and the system works, unfortunately people have died at our stadium but it wasnt through the lack of effort from stewards and medical staff in the ground. The system seems to have failed today and I have no doubt it will be investigated

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:08 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
polo wrote:

no i agree with you its failed at the first hurdle having to get to 3 stewards before anything is done before the attempt of a call to get someone with a radio isnt right and needs to be sorted
I will say this has worked before and the system works, unfortunately people have died at our stadium but it wasnt through the lack of effort from stewards and medical staff in the ground. The system seems to have failed today and I have no doubt it will be investigated

When all this comes out in the wash, hopefully lessons will of been learnt

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Saw the guy who had collapsed he was in the lower part of block 115 just to the left of the tunnel by 116 and has i walked out there were St Johns Ambulance personnel and Stewards all around him i just hope the poor guy is OK :?:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

i find this shocking!

no,not shocking,disgusting :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Why did you post that photo on a thread like this..

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:59 pm

I have just deleted all the pictures which have f**k all relevance to the thread.
if you quoted it your post will have gone to, because I couldnt be ased pissing about with it all :ayatollah: :ayatollah: