Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pompey whats the time. cringe.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:50 pm

atmosphere was good today but that 'pompey, pompey, whats the time' chant was utterly cringeworthy.

most who sing in that section were not even born when cardiff nicked their clock ffs :roll:

as if they are going to give a f**k we nicked their clock nearly 30 years ago.

why dont you youngsters do something to create your own history instead of feeding off the past.

Re: Pompey whats the time. cringe.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Steady on - at least the youngsters are trying to sing and create an atmosphere.

I'm an old fart myself but it's good that these old chants are handed down. I'd be upset if I'll Be There disappeared for example.

:old:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Halifax93 wrote:Steady on - at least the youngsters are trying to sing and create an atmosphere.

I'm an old fart myself but it's good that these old chants are handed down. I'd be upset if I'll Be There disappeared for example.

:old:

ill be there is timeless. it can be sang anytime.

pompey whats the time? totally irrelevant 30 years later.

like when the grange were still chanting millwall ran for bout 8 years
after it happened.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Probz coz ud end up in prison these days polo,have u created history yourself??

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Malx7 wrote:Probz coz ud end up in prison these days polo,have u created history yourself??

ive been involved in enough scrapes in the 90s and been to prison for it but dint feel the need to chant about it 10 years later.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:07 pm

and WHICH pope did "Shitty Swansea City" go and see in Rome? :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Merlin wrote:and WHICH pope did "Shitty Swansea City" go and see in Rome? :lol:

all of them!!!! :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Oh shutup, I cringe at fans like you.

I will take a guess, although you deny it, that you wear a big coat, match programme in hands covering the face, refuse to do the ayatollah due to making yourself look bad in front of... nobody. Probably just about stand up, a few claps when we score.

Lighten up, have a laugh.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:Oh shutup, I cringe at fans like you.

I will take a guess, although you deny it, that you wear a big coat, match programme in hands covering the face, refuse to do the ayatollah due to making yourself look bad in front of... nobody. Probably just about stand up, a few claps when we score.

Lighten up, have a laugh.

i would never buy a match programme or do the ayatollah. cringe.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:20 pm

what about when the jacks do swim away?????

Polo

you need to step it up if u are going to replace MG, (the Boris johnson/Mr Bean of wales)

You shouldn't be called Polo - more like Polio, cos your fuckin limp!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

"Ark now here
The Cardiff Sing
When swansea ran away..... "(oops cringe)

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:26 pm

eddiep wrote:what about when the jacks do swim away

again. cringe. if all they still got to chant about is running PVM into
the sea 20 yeaes ago. shows they done f**k all since.

as for limp. enough to make you chomp the other night in the coleman thread eddie boy :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Pompey whats the time is still class IMO. Keeping the past alive a Timeless event in our history :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:32 pm

polo wrote:
eddiep wrote:what about when the jacks do swim away

again. cringe. if all they still got to chant about is running PVM into
the sea 20 yeaes ago. shows they done f**k all since.

as for limp. enough to make you chomp the other night in the coleman thread eddie boy :lol:

yes you did!!!!
well done

Good memory mate :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 pm

He's called POLO for a reason, can be nice & refreshing at times, but deep down in there somewhere is f**k all apart from a big empty space! :lol:

polo - do the :ayatollah: polo - do the :ayatollah: polo - do the :ayatollah: polo - do the :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Neither does anybody else sing about having a scrap or going to prison,sorry polo can u tell me what songs pepl whos gone to prison sing??

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Merlin wrote:He's called POLO for a reason, can be nice & refreshing at times, but deep down in there somewhere is f**k all apart from a big empty space! :lol:

polo - do the :ayatollah: polo - do the :ayatollah: polo - do the :ayatollah: polo - do the :ayatollah:

oh go on then an online one is ok ;) :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Malx7 wrote:Neither does anybody else sing about having a scrap or going to prison,sorry polo can u tell me what songs pepl whos gone to prison sing??

no chants about having a scrap at the football??? :? er, are you deaf?!!

harry roberts. he went to prison. he had a song. he killed coppers.