Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our 'drummer' today ----

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Poor compared to Reading game ------bring back the Reading drummer for the Palace match!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Our 'drummer' today ----

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:35 pm

the new drum was worse :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Was more of a dull 'thud' today :? :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:40 pm

I have no problems with the drum or the drummer! But i seem to find myself singing songs at a much slower pace with a drum that doesn't sound right?

If we are keeping the Drum please SPEED up a tad, cos our songs are losing their fierceness and starting to sound like an orchestrical predicted slow-mo! Oh, and PLEASE PLEASE leave a few minutes of pause to allow fans to start OTHER songs for a bit, rather that the same old shit! cheers :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Merlin wrote:I have no problems with the drum or the drummer! But i seem to find myself singing songs at a much slower pace with a drum that doesn't sound right?

If we are keeping the Drum please SPEED up a tad, cos our songs are losing their fierceness and starting to sound like an orchestrical predicted slow-mo! Oh, and PLEASE PLEASE leave a few minutes of pause to allow fans to start OTHER songs for a bit, rather that the same old shit! cheers :ayatollah:

well it shouldnt be that hard to sing as Cardiff only sing one song , YOU ARE MY CARDIFF :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Was more of a dull 'thud' today :? :ayatollah:

he was playing with a bass drum today don't know what he was playing last week :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Scruffy wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:Was more of a dull 'thud' today :? :ayatollah:

he was playing with a bass drum today don't know what he was playing last week :lol:

A tambourine

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Did notice he and the happy clappy mob up there gave up during the second half.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 pm

What we need are bagpipes & drums!!!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Maybe with all our Scottish players we need pipes and drums. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:22 pm

it was a tom tom at the reading game same drummer tho lol hopefully have a couple of drummers we can vary it then using snares tom toms

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:18 pm

if we get the male voice quior (that group of old welsh men who always sing) then lets face it, it will scare the living jesus out of most teams and away fans hahah seeing us sending forth a army of old duffers in burberry, stone island ect. then out singing the lot of them

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:26 pm

here is my view on the drum.

The drum can be used to create an atmosphere if it is used correctly, continuous rythemless beating of a drum is not working. IT will do some peoples head in, some fans might even stop coming because of this.

The drum needs to be used to get the crowd singing, and gain momentum of a song. once the song is in full swing, stop drumming, let the crowd soak it up. Also, the drummer needs to understand when to use the drum and when to not, this will come over time. when the crowd is siging at its fullest, do we need to the drum....no.

If the crowd is continuously singing them why beat the drum, the crowd is doing the atmosphere, we dont need sudden beating just for the sake of it.

The drum needs to become secondary to the crowd, not the crowd secondary to the drum. this is what it is at the moment. It needs to be an addded alternative to help spice up the atmosphere, not just beating the drum for the sake of it to try and get the crowd going.

I;m sure over time, things will pan out, the drummer, will learn when to use it ansd when to not and also what songs work and dont etc...

Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:here is my view on the drum.

The drum can be used to create an atmosphere if it is used correctly, continuous rythemless beating of a drum is not working. IT will do some peoples head in, some fans might even stop coming because of this.

The drum needs to be used to get the crowd singing, and gain momentum of a song. once the song is in full swing, stop drumming, let the crowd soak it up. Also, the drummer needs to understand when to use the drum and when to not, this will come over time. when the crowd is siging at its fullest, do we need to the drum....no.

If the crowd is continuously singing them why beat the drum, the crowd is doing the atmosphere, we dont need sudden beating just for the sake of it.

The drum needs to become secondary to the crowd, not the crowd secondary to the drum. this is what it is at the moment. It needs to be an addded alternative to help spice up the atmosphere, not just beating the drum for the sake of it to try and get the crowd going.

I;m sure over time, things will pan out, the drummer, will learn when to use it ansd when to not and also what songs work and dont etc...

You pretty much summed it up, Vince needs to read these comments.

The bass drum needs to be put away, the other drum was better.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:24 am

My view on the drum today. No offence to the bloke but it sounded AWFUL. It makes the atmosphere worse if anything. We all need to tap the person next to us on the shoulder and have a word and tell them to sing up! :)