NineRedDogs wrote:Blake MoM ?

poor at best, someone's having a giraffe

Everyone had a chuckle around by me :lol:
One guy a few rows back asked who picked it Stevie Wonder :lol:

Re: Loved today but ....

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:49 pm

blake was superb today, good in defence, worked tirelesly.
Worked hard to overlap, put some good ball into the box, and made some good runs from deep!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Blake gave the ball away nearly every pass, shocking game.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:50 pm

milly44 wrote:

blake was superb today, good in defence, worked tirelesly.
Worked hard to overlap, put some good ball into the box, and made some good runs from deep!

I agree Milly. I think people are easily blinded by a player's distribution. Both Hudson and Blake distributed terribly today but their defensive side was sound. I don't think he was man of the match though and think the home player fan club had an influence in that but if it gives him a confidence boost then so be it.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:54 pm

>> superb ? good in defence ?

true : a great run (poor awareness not to sqaure mind), one or two nice cross-field hollywood passes, good covering when taylor pushed up in the second half,

but out of position more often than not, one pass in every 2 going to the oppo, tackling ...hmmm

sorry not a quality 'superb' performance.

not having it that he was the best player on the pitch - seriously ? you really think that ?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:37 pm

NineRedDogs wrote:>> superb ? good in defence ?

true : a great run (poor awareness not to sqaure mind), one or two nice cross-field hollywood passes, good covering when taylor pushed up in the second half,

but out of position more often than not, one pass in every 2 going to the oppo, tackling ...hmmm

sorry not a quality 'superb' performance.

not having it that he was the best player on the pitch - seriously ? you really think that ?

Yeh I do. Thought darcy was superb today, no better or worse than a few others though. With the exception of marshall and his mistake, it could have gone to any of 10 players. Really good solid team performance and 3-2 flattered pompey.