Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

POMPEYS GREAT 12 MAN !

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:05 pm

You just have to give credit to the Pompey fans, never did they stop singing or beating there Drum. Even when we scored our first goal they just kept on going even when our player were celebrating the goal they never even stopped or let up. They are true fans, and has to be one of the best set of supporters to support any team. For me they really brought the place alive today and showed how it should be done with passion and style .

Re: POMPEYS GREAT 12 MAN !

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Gotta be honest I didn't really hear them.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Gotta be honest I didn't really hear them.

Maybe you should have got a ticket and gone to the game then :D

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:10 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:You just have to give credit to the Pompey fans, never did they stop singing or beating there Drum. Even when we scored our first goal they just kept on going even when our player were celebrating the goal they never even stopped or let up. They are true fans, and has to be one of the best set of supporters to support any team. For me they really brought the place alive today and showed how it should be done with passion and style .

Can we invite some of them along for tuesday, to show us how it's done.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Gotta be honest I didn't really hear them.

Nor me, heard a few bells occasionly thats about it

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:16 pm

Fair play, they were wonderful today.

We deserved that win though.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:16 pm

yea fair play to em but i would like to shuv that bell up the arse of that one with the weird hair etc .

We should av but the game to bed before the 92 nd min but a well deserved win in the end .A mention to hudson who is having a very good season .The team has so much character its good to see and a cup final is all to play for .

The icing on the cake would be some new signings which we all hope for.

A big well done and roll on tuesday.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:17 pm

you gotta feel sorry for them,always out supporting their team which is constantly being ran into the ground by greedy buisnessmen.
Their home support is not what it was though,we drowned them out at Fratton Park

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:18 pm

I was thinking the same, they didn't stop drumming and ringing all game, it was so loud I could hear our drum this afternoon.

By the end of the game I was thinking I know where I can stick that fecking bell!!
:lol: :lol:

Great result today, shows that you should stay until you see MM trade mark salute. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:19 pm

brickyblue wrote:yea fair play to em but i would like to shuv that bell up the arse of that one with the weird hair etc .

We should av but the game to bed before the 92 nd min but a well deserved win in the end .A mention to hudson who is having a very good season .The team has so much character its good to see and a cup final is all to play for .

The icing on the cake would be some new signings which we all hope for.

A big well done and roll on tuesday.

Hes a lunatic. changed his name to Portsmouth Fc by deed poll

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:20 pm

I think I now know why , people dont sing MOH , cos there Def and cant hear the Music :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Best reply to those who leave in the 85th minute-score with the last kick of the game :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Best supporters we've had for many years.....their drummer had them buzzing....and there was only 840 of them. Bell Ringer and the odd trumpet too.

I hope the Palace 4,000 don't bring a drummer !

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:24 pm

englishbluebird wrote:Best reply to those who leave in the 85th minute-score with the last kick of the game :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Some people have good reason to leave just that little early, I dont see what its got to do with other people, that is the problem with this world , everyone thinks that everyone should do as they do. :old:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:29 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:Best reply to those who leave in the 85th minute-score with the last kick of the game :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Some people have good reason to leave just that little early, I dont see what its got to do with other people, that is the problem with this world , everyone thinks that everyone should do as they do. :old:

i agree its nothing to do with other people if you want to leave the game early

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:30 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:You just have to give credit to the Pompey fans, never did they stop singing or beating there Drum. Even when we scored our first goal they just kept on going even when our player were celebrating the goal they never even stopped or let up. They are true fans, and has to be one of the best set of supporters to support any team. For me they really brought the place alive today and showed how it should be done with passion and style .

Roy, I have to say they annoying me, but superb supporters, done my head in with their drum, but 10 out of 10 for supporting and cheering on their team, I felt embarrassed they out sung us totally. :cry:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Roy, I have to say they annoying me, but superb supporters, done my head in with their drum, but 10 out of 10 for supporting and cheering on their team, I felt embarrassed they out sung us totally. :cry:

Well I guess in some ways Annis that is what there for , the 12 man :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Couldn't hear anything apart from when they were winning. A small group of their fans, 15 year olds, were wandering around the outside area before kick off trying to antagonize our fans. Well played to everyone for not rising to it because one of them especially deserved a slap in the chops.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:55 pm

I was thinking the same, they didn't stop drumming and ringing all game, it was so loud I could hear our drum this afternoon.

By the end of the game I was thinking I know where I can stick that fecking bell!!
:lol: :lol:

Great result today, shows that you should stay until you see MM trade mark salute. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Zabier wrote:Couldn't hear anything apart from when they were winning.

Must have been in the Canton then, they were very audible, more so than our fans, in the Ninian.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:01 pm

I'm in the corner of the Grandstand nearest to the away fans and I couldnt hear our drum at all. Pompey fans were brilliant by far the best away support at the CCS so far.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Don't think they out sang us they out drummed us!!!

Was somewhat annoying that we allowed then to have such a 12th man...............stewards should have confiscated it on health and safety reasons!!!!!

Have to make sure wee don't let palace take charge

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:06 pm

CCFC_Lad wrote:I'm in the corner of the Grandstand nearest to the away fans and I couldnt hear our drum at all. Pompey fans were brilliant by far the best away support at the CCS so far.

I also sit vert near there and I could hear our drum, yes it wasnt as loud as Pompeys cos Pompey drum was near us . But I could hear our , just about !

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:Don't think they out sang us they out drummed us!!!

Was somewhat annoying that we allowed then to have such a 12th man...............stewards should have confiscated it on health and safety reasons!!!!!

What ? your kidding ? they didnt stop, and they had one song after another, and when they did stop it was only for about a min and they started all over again, but there bell and drum hardley very stopped.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:14 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:Don't think they out sang us they out drummed us!!!

What ? your kidding ? they didnt stop, and they had one song after another, and when they did stop it was only for about a min and they started all over again, but there bell and drum hardley very stopped.

Yeah - what I meant was their drum inspired then to sing and as it out drummed ours we never really responded!!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:23 pm

They did my f*cking head in. My ST seat is in the Ninian right next to the away fans and I had to shout to my mate standing next to me to be able to talk to him because of their drum, their bell and brass instruments. They didn't even sing along with it most of the time, I swear they were just trying to give everyone a headache. It was impossible to start off a chant in the Ninian today unless they stopped banging that drum. :evil:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having a drum at our home games (even though I couldn't hear it at all today) :ayatollah:
But whenever a brass band is mentioned on this forum, it makes me cringe and think of Pompey. Let's not turn into a Pompey style supported club ever please. :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:29 pm

JonCCFC wrote:They did my f*cking head in. My ST seat is in the Ninian right next to the away fans and I had to shout to my mate standing next to me to be able to talk to him because of their drum, their bell and brass instruments. They didn't even sing along with it most of the time, I swear they were just trying to give everyone a headache. It was impossible to start off a chant in the Ninian today unless they stopped banging that drum. :evil:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having a drum at our home games (even though I couldn't hear it at all today) :ayatollah:
But whenever a brass band is mentioned on this forum, it makes me cringe and think of Pompey. Let's not turn into a Pompey style supported club ever please. :lol:

Sorry the drum and bell are sh1t - drowned out their own fans, couldn't hear them sing from 115.

Blue Army ? More like the fecking Salvation Army.

Just bloody sing.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:37 pm

I think some of you need to think about it , you say they did your head in, If we had gone to another ground and we seen them putting up on there forum that The cardiff fans did there head in , half of you would be happy about it, and say , well thats what we wanted to do :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:47 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

i agree with you for once :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:09 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I think some of you need to think about it , you say they did your head in, If we had gone to another ground and we seen them putting up on there forum that The cardiff fans did there head in , half of you would be happy about it, and say , well thats what we wanted to do :lol:

If we had two drummers, a trumpet and a bell at away games, I simply wouldn't go anymore. :lol: