Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones Sky Sports Pundit - should we dock wages

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Dave Jones pundit on Sky Sports - should CCFC not dock wages that he is earning from his salary from us ????

Re: Dave Jones Sky Sports Pundit - should we dock wages

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:28 pm

What game is he watching??

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:29 pm

glammy74 wrote:What game is he watching??

He is at the Coventry v Boro game - glammy :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Think he smiled but reliably told he broke wind :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 pm

He's standing there moaning about the flaming wind with as much charisma as a packet of crisps...Knob!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :D

Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:19 pm

KP1964 wrote:He's standing there moaning about the flaming wind with as much charisma as a packet of crisps...Knob!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :D

hands in his pockets as well.....

Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:37 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Dave Jones pundit on Sky Sports - should CCFC not dock wages that he is earning from his salary from us ????

That's probably illegal.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:36 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Dave Jones pundit on Sky Sports - should CCFC not dock wages that he is earning from his salary from us ????

I don't see why?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I don't see why?

we cant as its a different field, if he had a management job then we could

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:40 pm

It's not as if it's illegal to have two jobs.
Lots of people have a full time and a weekend job.
TAX man will take care of it tho.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:23 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I don't see why?

If we still pay him a wage,hes still employed by us so should he not be available on matchday to take some water on for the boys or knock out a few programms,we pay him enough!! :evil:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Leave him alone he did a lot for us.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:36 pm

blue 64 wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I don't see why?

If we still pay him a wage,hes still employed by us so should he not be available on matchday to take some water on for the boys or knock out a few programms,we pay him enough!! :evil:

He's on gardening leave so he's allowed to do what he likes.

Also it'd be breach of contract on our part if we forced him to be a water boy.

Anyway I'm sure he's discussed it with us before doing it as he wouldn't want to throw away his wage for nothing.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:44 pm

blue 64 wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I don't see why?

Almost certainly his contract with us (where he is now severing out his 12 months notice) would have had a clause allowing him to do media work.

Therefore he is doing nothing wrong and there are no grounds whatsoever to deduct money from his wages.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Leave him rot there, while Terry Burton is assistant manager in the Premier League. :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Aramore wrote:
blue 64 wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I don't see why?

He's on gardening leave so he's allowed to do what he likes.

Also it'd be breach of contract on our part if we forced him to be a water boy.

Anyway I'm sure he's discussed it with us before doing it as he wouldn't want to throw away his wage for nothing.

yeah no doubt his people did thier homework,and we should have given his years notice,but he was by far the best payed manager in our leauge, what he did for us he was hansomly rewarded,theres a players wage sitting in his bank and as iv'e
said it was our fault not giving him notice but he has to look at last season as i feel with all he had he let us down and maybe
took a percentage of his wage.