Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Jamie Mackie latest "

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:41 pm

A representative of Cardiff City is meeting Mackie tonight in London just for preliminary talks. Jamie Mackie has already told him that he recently tried to secure an improved contract at Loftus Road. His words to CCFC are that he's on 18k a week and wanted 30k in a new deal, but obvioulsly the situation has all changed at QPR. The new contract story could be the players way of getting as much out of his next club as possible. There's a long way to go yet, but I was also told we've got two permanents and a loan lined up. Defender, striker and a"special"winger?

To be continued

Re: Jamie Mackie latest

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:43 pm

You can come again

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:44 pm

CityGent wrote:A representative of Cardiff City is meeting Mackie tonight in London just for preliminary talks. Jamie Mackie has already told him that he recently tried to secure an improved contract at Loftus Road. His words to CCFC are that he's on 18k a week and wanted 30k in a new deal, but obvioulsly the situation has all changed at QPR. The new contract story could be the players way of getting as much out of his next club as possible. There's a long way to go yet, but I was also told we've got two permanents and a loan lined up. Defender, striker and a"special"winger?

To be continued

Sounds pos, he is not worth 18k a week in the championship though..imo :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Sounds good.... but 18k a week lets hope Mackay can talk him into taking down the wages a bit :D :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Tony I have been told the very same re: Mackie except the only difference is that the meeting is tomorrow but only a few hours difference so we are definitely being told very much the same :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:10 pm

carlccfc wrote:Tony I have been told the very same re: Mackie except the only difference is that the meeting is tomorrow but only a few hours difference so we are definitely being told very much the same :ayatollah:

Carl is it true about the three players being lined up then as well ?? :ayatollah:
really do hope so can't wait for next week :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Carl, I think his wages will be a massive stumbling point. It's already been mentioned that Malky has approached the board for more money. If Mackie is on a minimum 18k do you think City would be prepared to match that? I hope so, but it's debatable I think

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:26 pm

CityGent wrote:Carl, I think his wages will be a massive stumbling point. It's already been mentioned that Malky has approached the board for more money. If Mackie is on a minimum 18k do you think City would be prepared to match that? I hope so, but it's debatable I think

Of course it's debatable, as anything is, what you mean I think is 'It's Doubtful' ?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:
CityGent wrote:Carl, I think his wages will be a massive stumbling point. It's already been mentioned that Malky has approached the board for more money. If Mackie is on a minimum 18k do you think City would be prepared to match that? I hope so, but it's debatable I think

Of course it's debatable, as anything is, what you mean I think is 'It's Doubtful' ?

Debatable in the context I've used it is a subtle version of doubtful, but thanks for clearing that up. I'm hopeful though, as my glass is half full, which is another meaning for'positive' :-)

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:34 pm

CityGent wrote:
Rita Pidsdale wrote:

Debatable in the context I've used it is a subtle version of doubtful, but thanks for clearing that up. I'm hopeful though, as my glass is half full, which is another meaning for'positive' :-)

same, love to see hime here.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Be excellent signing and he is not cup tied in league cup either - but not sure of the rules as think he had to be registered with city before 1st leg?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Why in Gods name do we need another defender?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Why in Gods name do we need another defender?

We need a full back as cover for McNaughton, Blake and Quinn not good enough could let Blake go if we had cover

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:43 pm

angelis49 wrote:Why in Gods name do we need another defender?

we dont so thats why we are not signin one!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Tony I am told Malky had a very productive meeting in Malaysia so hopefully we can somehow get close to the wages for Mackie

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:13 pm

too risky being on that much £$£$, we dont want that sort of high earner aliken to the old days. unsettle the team? what if he got injured? good signing if wages come down mind.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:03 pm

CityGent wrote:A representative of Cardiff City is meeting Mackie tonight in London just for preliminary talks. Jamie Mackie has already told him that he recently tried to secure an improved contract at Loftus Road. His words to CCFC are that he's on 18k a week and wanted 30k in a new deal, but obvioulsly the situation has all changed at QPR. The new contract story could be the players way of getting as much out of his next club as possible. There's a long way to go yet, but I was also told we've got two permanents and a loan lined up. Defender, striker and a"special"winger?

To be continued

Thanks Tony - the fans informer LOL keep us all posted Tonio lol :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:26 pm

To be continued

Hang on a we let the likes of chops/burke/jay/ who was either already on or after around them wages in new contracts and was told "cutting back ect and live within are means" so why the hell would we pay out same figures on wages im just not getting it.Really can not see this going through myself :? :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:38 pm

I would give him a deal on 15k a week with a sweetener that if Cardiff go up he gets x amount bonus and a guaranteed contract of 22k a week for 1 season in Prem.

Something along those lines anyway.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:14 pm

He started today and played well from reports?

Hope he comes but not sure he will tbh

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:14 pm

He played again today. That's 3 starts under their new manager. Ca'nt see him leaving Rangers.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:11 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:He played again today. That's 3 starts under their new manager. Ca'nt see him leaving Rangers.

He will not be leaving them fact i really dont know why or where people soak this shit up then put it on a forums and it never ends :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:19 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:He played again today. That's 3 starts under their new manager. Ca'nt see him leaving Rangers.

He will not be leaving them fact i really dont know why or where people soak this shit up then put it on a forums and it never ends :lol:

Regardless of what you say or think (Mr.Negative!) there is a CCFC rep travelling to discuss a possible deal of some sort tomorrow.....

We'll leave it at that and see who's right then? :old:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Merlin wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Regardless of what you say or think (Mr.Negative!) there is a CCFC rep travelling to discuss a possible deal of some sort tomorrow.....

Ok merlin lets hope your magic pays off hes played all games since hughes become there manager and they rejected a 2million quid offer from fulham last week which i doubt we even have the fee lets alone his wages,but yea we will see.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:24 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Merlin wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Ok merlin lets hope your magic pays off hes played all games since hughes become there manager and they rejected a 2million quid offer from fulham last week which i doubt we even have the fee lets alone his wages,but yea we will see.

I didn't say he would sign! I said there is some one travelling tomorrow to discuss a possible deal, whether it will be a loan or what ever I dont know. but thats not my argument. Personally - I'm happy with our current squad - we have a good thing going. But I still wouldn't turn down quality or strengthening! so what ever will be will be - also, I'd like to know if yur doubting Carl's info of the three upcoming medicals?

Re: " Jamie Mackie latest "

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Mr Negative is not the word for him.
He's as proactive on here as any Jack!! :lol:

bluebird1977 We're all dooomed! :lol:

Re: " Jamie Mackie latest "

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:46 pm

As much as I would love Mackie to come to Cardiff people need to remember untill the deal is done all of this is little more than at best well sourced speculation. I am only saying this so people dont get too disappointed if all of this rumour and gossip has nothing forthcoming. This link is a bit sobering.

http://cardiff-city.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... umour.html? :?:

I am not being negative just trying to stay objective and realistic.