Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEICESTER PREPPING WES MORGAN BID

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Leicester are apparently gearing up to bid for Forest's Wes Morgan - a player linked with City in the last month.

Decent defender, but would rather see Malky splash what cash City have available on a winger and striker.

Jamie Mackie or Frazier Campbell, please!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7441984/Foxes-eye-Morgan-move

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: LEICESTER PREPPING WES MORGAN BID

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Who does Campbell play for now? Hull? Interesting shout. I'd like to see Mackie at CCFC, no doubt about that :ayatollah:

We have enough CBs anyway - Hudson, Turner, Gerrard and Blake are more than good enough. Keinan is very much out of the picture at the moment (which is a shame as he's a good player), but I'd still keep him. Quinn as well. No idea why people want to get rid of him but I understand if it's because he might have to be sacrificed to bring in other players that we need. Gyepes can leave though. He'd be a cracking player if he had more pace, but sadly that knee ligament injury has just about ruined him in terms of any long-term career prospects at this level or higher. I'll always remember that tackle against Leicester though :lol:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Cant see us signing either.
Campbell is injured and plays for Sunderland

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:06 pm

I can't imagine us paying for Morgan. If we were going to sign him it would be on a free in the summer.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Who does Campbell play for now? Hull? Interesting shout. I'd like to see Mackie at CCFC, no doubt about that :ayatollah:

We have enough CBs anyway - Hudson, Turner, Gerrard and Blake are more than good enough. Keinan is very much out of the picture at the moment (which is a shame as he's a good player), but I'd still keep him. Quinn as well. No idea why people want to get rid of him but I understand if it's because he might have to be sacrificed to bring in other players that we need. Gyepes can leave though. He'd be a cracking player if he had more pace, but sadly that knee ligament injury has just about ruined him in terms of any long-term career prospects at this level or higher. I'll always remember that tackle against Leicester though :lol:

Campbell's at Sunderland, and is back in training after returning from a lengthy injury. I'm sure he'll want some match fitness, and City would be an excellent opportunity to do that.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: