Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHRIS COLEMAN

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:20 pm

I believe this is a good choice , He track record isn't to bad either

Fulham
Played Won Drew Loss ratio
176 61 44 71 34.66

Coleman joined Fulham's coaching staff in October 2002 under Tigana. He later succeeded the Frenchman as caretaker manager in April 2003, and steered Fulham away from relegation danger. He was named as Fulham's permanent manager in May 2003, beating the more experienced Klaus Toppmöller and George Burley to the post, and also became the youngest manager in the Premier League.[4]
His first full season in charge saw Fulham finish a surprise ninth place, as many pundits tipped them to struggle and for Coleman to be sacked.[5] Many of Fulham's key players, such as Edwin van der Sar, Louis Saha, Steed Malbranque and Luis Boa Morte, were sold in the following years and Fulham did not repeat their earlier successes under Coleman though he kept them clear of relegation. He was sacked in April 2007, after Fulham went on a seven game winless run.[6]

Real Sociedad
Coleman moved abroad to manage recently relegated Segunda División side Real Sociedad in June 2007 after being recommended to the club by fellow Welshman and former Real Sociedad manager John Toshack.[7] He was linked with Bolton Wanderers in October 2007[8] though nothing came of it. With the club in 5th place and having only lost once in its previous eleven games, Coleman resigned as manager on 16 January 2008, citing a divergence in vision for the club with newly elected President Iñaki Badiola.[9]

20 8 5 7 40.00

Coventry City
Coleman was appointed manager of Championship side Coventry City on 19 February 2008, signing a three and a half year contract. He replaced Iain Dowie, who had been sacked by new owner Ray Ranson.[10]
On 26 August 2008, the BBC reported that Chris Coleman was no longer interested in the international success of Wales.[11] He later denied the allegation, however, telling BBC Radio Wales' Sportstime programme, "I've got to get him [Eastwood] fit for Coventry first and foremost, that's my job. When he is fit, I'd drive him down the motorway myself if I had to for him to play for Wales. I've played for Wales myself and I preferred playing for my country than any club I've played for. I can promise you that I love Wales, I'm very patriotic and that will never change."[12] On 4 May 2010, Coleman was sacked following Coventry's 19th place finish during the 2009–10 season.[13], their lowest league finish in more than 45 years.
117 34 37 46 29.06

I Believe he will carry on Garry speeds good work , They are similar From playing and manger styles ,

Chris coleman wont stand for any crap and will demand the players playing for the shirt !!

Welsh footballs on its way up, and we will do it for Garry Speed !!

I Cant Wait

Bring On The World Cup

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: