Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New era starts for Welsh football tomorrow

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:29 pm

It will be very interesting to see if the existing backroom staff will be kept by Coleman...if he does (as hes already eluded to) then i think we've got a very good chance of reaching Brazil with a fairly experienced Welsh manager at the helm - een if he is a Jack :D

All the best Mr Coleman...deliver the dream :ayatollah:

Re: New era starts for Welsh football tomorrow

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Good luck Chris, the whole of Wales should get behind our new manager, Cymru Am Byth :ayatollah: [color=#FF0000][/color]

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Good luck Chris, the whole of Wales should get behind our new manager, Cymru Am Byth :ayatollah: [color=#FF0000][/color]

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Has already eluded to ??? :?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:20 pm

I have no problem with Coleman being manager!
hope people get behind him. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:23 pm

milly44 wrote:I have no problem with Coleman being manager!

agree !

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:26 pm

Coleman is a lazy choice by FAW. Worse choices about tho.

Bale, Ramsey even bloody Ricketts have come out and said they want the back room staff to stay. If Coleman removes them he is just making it harder for himself especially of results don't go our way instantly.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 pm

JonScam wrote:It will be very interesting to see if the existing backroom staff will be kept by Coleman...if he does (as hes already eluded to) then i think we've got a very good chance of reaching Brazil with a fairly experienced Welsh manager at the helm - een if he is a Jack :D

All the best Mr Coleman...deliver the dream :ayatollah:

Good luck to him and the squad...Hope he keeps the backroom staff who are there now,and does not go after his old number 2 at Fulham.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:46 pm

I have no doubt Kit Symonds will be brought in.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:17 am

2blue2handle wrote:Coleman is a lazy choice by FAW. Worse choices about tho.

Bale, Ramsey even bloody Ricketts have come out and said they want the back room staff to stay. If Coleman removes them he is just making it harder for himself especially of results don't go our way instantly.

I guess im to welsh and proud. I want to see a welsh man run our country.
England have the money and luxurys to approach anyone they want, we dont.
So sticking with the welsh man, as long as he carriers on Speeds hard work, and the players respect him then he will do just fine :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:19 am

2blue2handle wrote:I have no doubt Kit Symonds will be brought in.

Would welcome Kit Symonds,along with more welsh input...Brian Flynn played a major part in most of this squad when they were with him with the Under 21's.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:39 am

milly44 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Coleman is a lazy choice by FAW. Worse choices about tho.

I guess im to welsh and proud. I want to see a welsh man run our country.
England have the money and luxurys to approach anyone they want, we dont.
So sticking with the welsh man, as long as he carriers on Speeds hard work, and the players respect him then he will do just fine :ayatollah:

A manager is a manager, ideally they would be welsh but if the welsh options aint good enough then you have to book further.

Coleman isnt a terrible manager but to me it just seems that the FAW just made the easy choice, he is just out of work, no comp payable and just got him in without consideration.

As many a player has said I would have liked to have seen a figure head with the current set up, for a while at least to see ho it goes.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I have no doubt Kit Symonds will be brought in.

Would welcome Kit Symonds,along with more welsh input...Brian Flynn played a major part in most of this squad when they were with him with the Under 21's.

Funny enough just looking on ICWALES http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30152068/

and the quote

There are players who clearly aren’t over-enamoured by the choice of Coleman and who will be even less so once he replaces Verheijen with his old centre-back partner Kit Symons as his No.2, a move which I believe is inevitable.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:24 am

milly44 wrote:I have no problem with Coleman being manager!

Exactly my feelings as well. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: