Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JAMIE MACKIE

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm praying we sign this guy, especially with his experience of gaining promotion last year. Would really give the team a BIG lift, not so sure about Noone. I would welcome him with open arms, but if there was a choice between the two I would choose Mackie everytime..

What is everyone's opinions if they had a choice between the two?

Re: JAMIE MACKIE

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:21 pm

I know more about Mackie so I'll plump for him!!
Don't know a lot about Noone, had never heard of him tbh :D

He can score goals at this level easily!!
Just hope MM pulls it off :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:24 pm

North Wales Blue wrote:I'm praying we sign this guy, especially with his experience of gaining promotion last year. Would really give the team a BIG lift, not so sure about Noone. I would welcome him with open arms, but if there was a choice between the two I would choose Mackie everytime..

What is everyone's opinions if they had a choice between the two?

I'm not so sure, Mackie would be probably twice the cost both in wages and transfer fee.

Also, where would he play, I'm sure he prefers up front, but I couldnt see him playing alongside Miller. If he goes on the wing would he be able to do what we are crying out for and beat a man and get to the by-line. Noone is quick and an out-and-out winger.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:25 pm

I just can't see it happening at all.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I just can't see it happening at all.

I agree

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Yeah i agree seems very unlikely but then again never ever expected to see bellamy in a city shirt :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:19 pm

I agree i cant see it happening. But i will be happy with the lot we got :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Fully agreed...Mackie would be an instant hit for us, just what we need :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:08 pm

mackie is a dream you lot need to wake up :lol:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Afternoon chaps, long,long time since I posted, must say have been more than pleasantly surprised by the progress of the Bluebirds this season and I suspect that you have all too, right in the mix for promotion (trust me the PL is NOT the promised land), and a small matter of a cup semi-final second leg against Palarse next week, will be cheering your boys onto that Wemberlee place.

Anyway, Jamie Mackie, good honest individual, hard working, scores a few goals, but to be fair, now I have seen him for a good dozen games in the PL, limited, very limited and championship is really his level, he may have the ability that you may lack, where I don't know, but if we got a good seven figure sum for him, then that would be great business on our part, and to be fair I would not be surprised if he does go in this window especially if Mark Hughes gets the men in that he wants. If he does go, then I also believe that some funds would end up at Plymouth, which given their circumstances would be great, especially when we are watching Darlo struggling to keep afloat.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:28 pm

We should just sign him on loan first and see how he gets on with us. Bearing in mind that we have limited funds, £1-1.5m is just a bit steep for one player!