Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whats you're veiws on this

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:32 pm

There's loads of smack heads in Merthyr. There's 1 he came out of prison last week 4 days later he's back in. A copper told me that he arrested him and he thanked the Officer saying to him that in prison he gets 3 meals a day, use of the gym and plays pool..... Where as out in the real world he has to struggle to find money for food, and live in a shitty bedsit. Now what's you're veiws on this? I say make the prisons tough so once they do get out they wont want to go back, but on the other side of the coin look at the City fans who were sent down for Chelsea they dont deserve to be treated bad in prison, as they are all working class people.

Re: Whats you're veiws on this

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:34 pm

My view is it shouldn't matter if they were all working class people, if they were sent to prison they were sent to prison :?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Aramore wrote:My view is it shouldn't matter if they were all working class people, if they were sent to prison they were sent to prison :?

Ok maybe they should grade the Prisoners then, so like grade 1 would get treated and have more freedom than say grade 5

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Midfield general wrote:Softening up the Prison system is Labour and Europes idea of sentences. It would be bread and water every day and a concrete bed and thats from someone whos spent time in prison back in the 90s

Adam around by Merthyr bus station in the days they're all there mate, prison really dont bother them

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:36 pm

BlueCheg wrote:
Aramore wrote:My view is it shouldn't matter if they were all working class people, if they were sent to prison they were sent to prison :?

Ok maybe they should grade the Prisoners then, so like grade 1 would get treated and have more freedom than say grade 5

I'm pretty sure they do have some sort of system like that already. I couldn't tell you the details but I know low risk prisoners are given more freedom than high risk prisoners.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Or if you do go back in prison then surely you didnt learn the 1st time so then bang them up for 23 hours a day, and give them no freedom what so ever

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm

ANother thing that grinds me is that Tax Dodgers get treated worst than Smack heads who rob genuine people

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:43 pm

its an interesting question
Homeless people tend to break the law so they can spend a night in a warm dry police cell and have a warm meal.
Its a dangerous point that people consider prison better than freedom and thats a life choice I hope I never have to make
I think there is a big argument for how the Prison system fails in its rehabilitation of prisoners and whether they should be sent to prison or treated for an addiction.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:45 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:its an interesting question
Homeless people tend to break the law so they can spend a night in a warm dry police cell and have a warm meal.
Its a dangerous point that people consider prison better than freedom and thats a life choice I hope I never have to make
I think there is a big argument for how the Prison system fails in its rehabilitation of prisoners and whether they should be sent to prison or treated for an addiction.

You right we can talk about it all night, but the bottom line is what a sad life they must have if they get a better standard of living in prison than out of it.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:47 pm

BlueCheg wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:its an interesting question

You right we can talk about it all night, but the bottom line is what a sad life they must have if they get a better standard of living in prison than out of it.

It's an impossible situation.

There'll never be enough money to take all the homeless off the streets and give them somewhere to stay in the nights but it's essential we keep prisoners out of the way of the general public.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Midfield general wrote:harsher sentences need to happen. Tougher prisons with bread and water only on a concrete floor with 20 others in a small cell and also I'd bring back the death penalty to help free up prison places.

That is an absolutely despicable reason to bring it back.

I can understand if people believe a life for a life or that some people can't be rehabilitated but the idea of killing people just because it saves money?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Midfield general wrote:harsher sentences need to happen. Tougher prisons with bread and water only on a concrete floor with 20 others in a small cell and also I'd bring back the death penalty to help free up prison places.

but should we punish addicts of any type
they break the law and yes that should be punished for that no argument there
but if you eliminate the addiction you should eliminate the criminal activity
we accept alcoholics in society because this particular drug is legal but why should we punish a similar addiction just because the thing they are addicted to is illegal.
If you help them with their addiction you will mostly eliminate the criminal activity
Its not a fool proof solution but its got to be cheaper than the cost of keeping a prisoner in prison.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Midfield general wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

we accept alcoholics in society because this particular drug is legal but why should we punish a similar addiction just because the thing they are addicted to is illegal.
If you help them with their addiction you will mostly eliminate the criminal activity
Its not a fool proof solution but its got to be cheaper than the cost of keeping a prisoner in prison.

Its a fool proof solution in asian countries and if the sentences were harsher then bring them in

but invariably in Asia most prisons are a druggies paradise with the amount of contraband floating around their prisons is extreme. Locking addicts up is reactive not proactive and should be looked at

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Midfield general wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

Its a fool proof solution in asian countries and if the sentences were harsher then bring them in

but invariably in Asia most prisons are a druggies paradise with the amount of contraband floating around their prisons is extreme. Locking addicts up is reactive not proactive and should be looked at

have you been to an Asian prison because I have (only visiting mind) but unless you've been to one I dont think you know what you are talking about

no I cant say I have
but and its probably not the same I have watched documentaries on prisons and they do seem to have a lot of drugs running around them and yes I would concede the point that some prisons are better than others in Asia.
But the issue im raising isnt prisons its whether prisons should be used to house drug addicts instead of dealing with a social problem through our welfare state

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Midfield Clarkeson

If Asian prison and human rights are the answer. Why do hundreds of thousands of young men try to leave and illegally enter europe or australia????

Isn't is sad that the better option for a lot is jail?

I thought our prisons were well overcrowded?

Shouldn't these people have opportunity and hope and not dole, drugs and no aspiration?

Trouble here is the law more than prison - some people should be locked up for years and not months (no deterent) and while they are in there they do community tasks like street cleaning and other tasks - this will take burden off councils and our council tax
Plus the prisoners can learn a trade and respect.

It cost us a lot to imprison - so let's get some money back out of them by providing services to us

I don't think bread and water
Or Fuckin Tag -is the answer.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMHDBL7C ... ---------- :o

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Midfield general wrote:
eddiep wrote:Midfield Clarkeson

If Asian prison and human rights are the answer. Why do hundreds of thousands of young men try to leave and illegally enter europe or australia????

Isn't is sad that the better option for a lot is jail?

I thought our prisons were well overcrowded?

Shouldn't these people have opportunity and hope and not dole, drugs and no aspiration?

Trouble here is the law more than prison - some people should be locked up for years and not months (no deterent) and while they are in there they do community tasks like street cleaning and other tasks - this will take burden off councils and our council tax
Plus the prisoners can learn a trade and respect.

It cost us a lot to imprison - so let's get some money back out of them by providing services to us

I don't think bread and water
Or Fuckin Tag -is the answer.

Because alot of them want something for nothing!!!! In fact I actually looking into them replacing the bin men and once again their human rights come up because they were working for no money. The Human rights act is a complete out of date joke!!!

but that isnt a human rights issue
wanting something for nothing is a concept brought into this country buy a long standing Labour government that made it easier and more profitable to be on benefits than be in employment you cant criticise the people for a concept brought on by the state
anyway we are going off target