Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mackie and the owners ???

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:22 pm

I find it funny fans are getting over excited with threads about someone who first of all we can not afford as they already (turned down a 2million bid from fulham) plus we couldnt afford the 25k hes on a week at QPR yet we are struggling to up a so called 400k bid for craig noone what does that tell you.We got MM out in malaysia looking at grass roots football which is a PR stunt for us of course and nothing else and im guessing he knows fine well theres never has been and never will be any good players comming from there i think unless someone can name me one player in the whole of professional football in uk whos from malasyia because i can not think of any.Im sure all of this cost money payed for by the club.MM is also supposed to be out there looking for funds for transfers to but we are well over half way through the transfer window which i find hard to believe as to why its been left so late? im sure these things should be done weeks before a window opens which i find shocking to be honest its totally unprofessional if this is the case like we are told in updates.Im happy we are third in the league and semi final of a cup as i wasnt expecting anything this year due to MM building what he wants within the club and will take time.Where are we going as a club and whats the owners REAL intensions because we got clubs around us pushing for the prem bidding high and spending big for the dream yet what have we spent and how on earth do the malaysians expect a return on what they have put in the club so far if there happy to hit play offs each year??? which i have to admit after seeing 12-13 players leave which some left for nothing on frees at the end of last season i thought all of this back then.MM has been saying in the press and interviews for seven months playing his banjo about "WE NEED MORE PLAYERS" where are they and why have we not got any new faces(MONEY TALKS).Now before the do-gooders jump on the old band wagon with the old im a plastic and being negative then maybe read and think 1st because one word replys from keyboad trolls in shitty made up accounts will just be ignored.

Re: Mackie and the owners ???

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:40 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:I find it funny fans are getting over excited with threads about someone who first of all we can not afford as they already (turned down a 2million bid from fulham) plus we couldnt afford the 25k hes on a week at QPR yet we are struggling to up a so called 400k bid for craig noone what does that tell you.We got MM out in malaysia looking at grass roots football which is a PR stunt for us of course and nothing else and im guessing he knows fine well theres never has been and never will be any good players comming from there i think unless someone can name me one player in the whole of professional football in uk whos from malasyia because i can not think of any.Im sure all of this cost money payed for by the club.MM is also supposed to be out there looking for funds for transfers to but we are well over half way through the transfer window which i find hard to believe as to why its been left so late? im sure these things should be done weeks before a window opens which i find shocking to be honest its totally unprofessional if this is the case like we are told in updates.Im happy we are third in the league and semi final of a cup as i wasnt expecting anything this year due to MM building what he wants within the club and will take time.Where are we going as a club and whats the owners REAL intensions because we got clubs around us pushing for the prem bidding high and spending big for the dream yet what have we spent and how on earth do the malaysians expect a return on what they have put in the club so far if there happy to hit play offs each year??? which i have to admit after seeing 12-13 players leave which some left for nothing on frees at the end of last season i thought all of this back then.MM has been saying in the press and interviews for seven months playing his banjo about "WE NEED MORE PLAYERS" where are they and why have we not got any new faces(MONEY TALKS).Now before the do-gooders jump on the old band wagon with the old im a plastic and being negative then maybe read and think 1st because one word replys from keyboad trolls in shitty made up accounts will just be ignored.

My only gripe at this is surely we should have learnt by now to be patient with
our new set-up. Every time someone has had a proper moan over this last year...
something has then happened. I'll only use three examples but there are many more...

When are they f*cking sacking Dave Jones - this is shit, he should be OUT.

When are we going to get this new manager - this is shit, we'll end up with Terry Burton.

When are we going to get these f*cking growlights - this is shit, their obviously going to do a runner!!

I cannot think of ONE example of them failing to deliver off the top of my head. Not as quick
as we'd like, I'll grant that. But its slowly slowly catchee monkey in their culture see.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:43 pm

tl;dr

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:47 pm

taffyapple wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:I find it funny fans are getting over excited with threads about someone who first of all we can not afford as they already (turned down a 2million bid from fulham) plus we couldnt afford the 25k hes on a week at QPR yet we are struggling to up a so called 400k bid for craig noone what does that tell you.We got MM out in malaysia looking at grass roots football which is a PR stunt for us of course and nothing else and im guessing he knows fine well theres never has been and never will be any good players comming from there i think unless someone can name me one player in the whole of professional football in uk whos from malasyia because i can not think of any.Im sure all of this cost money payed for by the club.MM is also supposed to be out there looking for funds for transfers to but we are well over half way through the transfer window which i find hard to believe as to why its been left so late? im sure these things should be done weeks before a window opens which i find shocking to be honest its totally unprofessional if this is the case like we are told in updates.Im happy we are third in the league and semi final of a cup as i wasnt expecting anything this year due to MM building what he wants within the club and will take time.Where are we going as a club and whats the owners REAL intensions because we got clubs around us pushing for the prem bidding high and spending big for the dream yet what have we spent and how on earth do the malaysians expect a return on what they have put in the club so far if there happy to hit play offs each year??? which i have to admit after seeing 12-13 players leave which some left for nothing on frees at the end of last season i thought all of this back then.MM has been saying in the press and interviews for seven months playing his banjo about "WE NEED MORE PLAYERS" where are they and why have we not got any new faces(MONEY TALKS).Now before the do-gooders jump on the old band wagon with the old im a plastic and being negative then maybe read and think 1st because one word replys from keyboad trolls in shitty made up accounts will just be ignored.

My only gripe at this is surely we should have learnt by now to be patient with
our new set-up. Every time someone has had a proper moan over this last year...
something has then happened. I'll only use three examples but there are many more...

When are they f*cking sacking Dave Jones - this is shit, he should be OUT.

When are we going to get this new manager - this is shit, we'll end up with Terry Burton.

When are we going to get these f*cking growlights - this is shit, their obviously going to do a runner!!

I cannot think of ONE example of them failing to deliver off the top of my head. Not as quick
as we'd like, I'll grant that. But its slowly slowly catchee monkey in their culture see.

I know it will take time but what i can not get my head around is its ok for the malaysians to plough millions in each year to keep us afloat or so we are told but how and earth are they going to get a return on what they have put in the club if we dont have it on the field after all thats when they will DELIVER as you call it for us and themselfs as growlights,dave jones and who the next manger is with talk from last year is not even mentioned in what i said. :ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Who said we are failing with the Noone bid ?? Malky's obviously going to have to ask for funds a bit late yes and as for the Malaysians not playing in English football, it's got to start somewhere. Maybe Malky just couldn't find the best deal for club in the loan window i dont know and nobody knows unless your in with the club. We might as well wait and see thats all, as fans, we can do at the moment :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:07 pm

i can see both points but after the recent update it looks like they want to settle the debts first have they actually said that the aim was promotion this year because i though it was consolidation and hopefully playoffs i think we are all being too optimistic because we probally have over achieved we wont be having this debate if we were 10th i reckon

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Scruffy wrote:Who said we are failing with the Noone bid ?? Malky's obviously going to have to ask for funds a bit late yes and as for the Malaysians not playing in English football, it's got to start somewhere. Maybe Malky just couldn't find the best deal for club in the loan window i dont know and nobody knows unless your in with the club. We might as well wait and see thats all, as fans, we can do at the moment :ayatollah:

Clearly we are failing with a 400k bid and will not pay 1million they are supposed to want yet fans are on about mackie which would cost twice as much if not more and why didnt MM know what he had way before the window opened.The loan window opened and closed we seen nothing happen and the players who was supposed to be lined up we was then told "was not rite for the club" By MM weather that be the player/players club wouldnt let them go,the player didnt want to come or are club couldnt afford them its for sure one of them three.I believe it was down to money again,As for the grass roots thing it just seems a waste of money by us because there are NONE out there who would cut it at this level ITS A PROVEN FACT OVER THE YEARS.Like you said we will have to wait and see but im not expecting anything new faces come end of jan or they would have been here by now or at start of season even the loan window even if we do it will be a cheap youngster/youngsters from lower leagues unless they get the cheque book out and secure more debt against the club or spend there own cash and convert in to more shares.All will be revield come end of jan i guess. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:19 pm

nicky evans wrote:i can see both points but after the recent update it looks like they want to settle the debts first have they actually said that the aim was promotion this year because i though it was consolidation and hopefully playoffs i think we are all being too optimistic because we probally have over achieved we wont be having this debate if we were 10th i reckon

Yes debts are good to sort but it only converts in to more debt which is owned to them and whoever puts the money up i get all that.I never mentioned promotion this year but hay if the owners are not gonna spend now in this position as theres no better time than now then when will they spend on the squad for MM? your guess is as good as mine.I just can not see how there not willing to spend on the team to go up but will plough millions in on debts BUT WHERES THERE RETURN FOR THEM thats what im saying.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:21 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Scruffy wrote:Who said we are failing with the Noone bid ?? Malky's obviously going to have to ask for funds a bit late yes and as for the Malaysians not playing in English football, it's got to start somewhere. Maybe Malky just couldn't find the best deal for club in the loan window i dont know and nobody knows unless your in with the club. We might as well wait and see thats all, as fans, we can do at the moment :ayatollah:

Clearly we are failing with a 400k bid and will not pay 1million they are supposed to want yet fans are on about mackie which would cost twice as much if not more and why didnt MM know what he had way before the window opened.The loan window opened and closed we seen nothing happen and the players who was supposed to be lined up we was then told "was not rite for the club" By MM weather that be the player/players club wouldnt let them go,the player didnt want to come or are club couldnt afford them its for sure one of them three.I believe it was down to money again,As for the grass roots thing it just seems a waste of money by us because there are NONE out there who would cut it at this level ITS A PROVEN FACT OVER THE YEARS.Like you said we will have to wait and see but im not expecting anything new faces come end of jan or they would have been here by now or at start of season even the loan window even if we do it will be a cheap youngster/youngsters from lower leagues unless they get the cheque book out and secure more debt against the club or spend there own cash and convert in to more shares.All will be revield come end of jan i guess. :ayatollah:

yeah i suppose bout the Noone bid. But the thing is with Malaysian things imo they haven't had the chance to play in the English league, new players are coming through and with the right coaching etc. perhaps these young Malaysians can make a name for themselves we don't know theres got to be some quality over there. :ayatollah: