Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" IF WE BEAT CRYSTAL PALACE NEXT TUESDAY NIGHT "

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:59 pm

" IF WE BEAT CRYSTAL PALACE NEXT TUESDAY NIGHT "

and guarantee our place at Wembley for the Final v Liverpool or Man City and by the way I want Liverpool, I've always wanted to play them in a big match as I have hated them and Leeds since I was in School and most kids in Cardiff supported them and Leeds.

Do you think we should be allowed on the pitch to celebrate like 99% of other clubs supporters do after the final whistle ?

Re: " IF WE BEAT CRYSTAL PALACE NEXT TUESDAY NIGHT "

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:02 pm

Definitly mate although i hope it doesnt wreck the pitch

Well, I don't think the staff will allow it, but people will most probably jump on anyway which will lead to a mass pitch invasion I'm sure!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I don't think they'll be able to stop the fans if such a momentous thing happens! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Definitly mate although i hope it doesnt wreck the pitch

I agree if its been raining, it will, but how do other clubs manage ?

Just interested in other fans opinion. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:08 pm

I can imagine it now, invading the pitch on tip toes, screaming and celebrating mixed with
'oh careful, that's bits boggy, stay out the 18 yard box old boy'

Get some new bulbs for the lamps groundsmen we coming onto the hallowed turf!

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Why go on the pitch ? The players allways make the effort to come say thankyou to the fans, staying behind with a big cheer should be enough

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Fans will inevitably try to get on there if we win....may aswell let them on, other clubs do it and it could be dangerous if they try to hold fans back

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:19 pm

There will defiantly be a pitch invasion!

Afterall we do what we want :D

No fecker will be able to stop it :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" IF WE BEAT CRYSTAL PALACE NEXT TUESDAY NIGHT "

and guarantee our place at Wembley for the Final v Liverpool or Man City and by the way I want Liverpool, I've always wanted to play them in a big match as I have hated them and Leeds since I was in School and most kids in Cardiff supported them and Leeds.

Do you think we should be allowed on the pitch to celebrate like 99% of other clubs supporters do after the final whistle ?

I think yes!!!!!!!!!! Why not????????

As u say it would happen at every other club, it will be a great celebration if we do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Think the club should allow it although I bet they dont, Ali will tell everyone at the start of the game probably that they cant

I`ll be going to work after watching it on TV so i wont be going on the pitch!! :cry:
I`ll just arrive at work, get on the tannoy in the store I work in and say.....

"THE MIGHTY CARDIFF CITY ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: AGAIN :ayatollah:
better wait till the customers are out though :lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

They get the PA announcer to ask people to stay off the pitch....and they do.

Not hard, really.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:33 pm

I cant see it wrecking the pitch. We've got those lamp things now to speed up repair. And our next home game after that is on 4th February so it gives it plenty of time. I'd love a pitch invasion as i've never been in one. Didnt get to go to the Leicester Play offs :(

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Blue In Cwmbran wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Not hard, really.

Wrong they let them on, I am on about how does their pitches manage ?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Yes definately! 100% can you imagine Malky he'd be loving every second of it! With his fist pumps doing the ayatollah :ayatollah: :D

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Ryan_bluebird wrote:Yes definately! 100% can you imagine Malky he'd be loving every second of it! With his fist pumps doing the ayatollah :ayatollah: :D

And being carried on a fans shoulders. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Baz's Shoulders. :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:53 pm

as long as its in celebration,we dont want another leeds scenario. :o :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:58 pm

would we deffo get into europe if liverpool already qualified?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Lads we need to win the game first. Anything else will be spontaneous :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Damned Yank wrote:would we deffo get into europe if liverpool already qualified?

No we have to win the League Cup to qualify for Europe.

That said I think it is pretty poor to stop a FOOTBALL LEAGUE club from qualifying for Europe via a FOOTBALL LEAGUE competition.

Either us or Palace would lose out to a Premier League team if we didn't win at Wembley.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:would we deffo get into europe if liverpool already qualified?

That said I think it is pretty poor to stop a FOOTBALL LEAGUE club from qualifying for Europe via a FOOTBALL LEAGUE competition.

Either us or Palace would lose out to a Premier League team if we didn't win at Wembley.

Millwall went into the Europa League after losing an FA Cup Final :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:45 pm

I hope the club has learnt the lesson from past experiences because we have won nothing at the moment. For me I don't want to see fireworks before the game or anything which distracts or could distract the players and fans from concentrating on winning the game.

If we win who knows what will happen but for me will still would have won nothing. If we get to the final have the celebrations after we win.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:47 pm

castleblue wrote:I hope the club has learnt the lesson from past experiences because we have won nothing at the moment. For me I don't want to see fireworks before the game or anything which distracts or could distract the players and fans from concentrating on winning the game.

If we win who knows what will happen but for me will still would have won nothing. If we get to the final have the celebrations after we win.

I always enjoy reading your posts Gary. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Lol that Leicester play off game was the best atmosphere at cvs ive ever been to. The pitch invasion down to the team coming back out at the end to applaud the fans. Love to see that again next Tuesday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:52 pm

annis dont you mean when not if (ffs get it right mate) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:I hope the club has learnt the lesson from past experiences because we have won nothing at the moment. For me I don't want to see fireworks before the game or anything which distracts or could distract the players and fans from concentrating on winning the game.

I always enjoy reading your posts Gary. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If people do run on the pitch watch out for the Pony Tailed Steward on the Canton

At the Leicester Play off game i watched hin take sly little kicks at kids, when they ran on anf then ignored any "LadS"

You know who you are you liitle shit!!

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:06 pm

I think our supporters should definitely be allowed to celebrate on the pitch if we get through, how often do you get to a cup final??? emmmm, 2008 :D

I also want Liverpool if we get through, hate them with a passion....Would be nice to rub it into them up here if we managed to beat them in the final :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Thanks TBW.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:" IF WE BEAT CRYSTAL PALACE NEXT TUESDAY NIGHT "

What is the "IF WE BEAT..." all about?
Don't you mean "WHEN WE BEAT..."

Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:30 am

I dont see why not cos we havnt got a home game for quite a long time after that ...... pitch will have time to recover surely ?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Blue In Cwmbran wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Not hard, really.

Wrong they let them on, I am on about how does their pitches manage ?

Haven't got that close to our pitch, but it seems to me that we cut it so bloody tight. Considering the egg chasers try to churn it up, we really do leave barely any green stuff on, which exposes the soil. If you look at the really tidy pitches, like Arsenal, they leave a lush, fully populated grass covering about 1/2 inch to inch long.

One of the best pitches I played on was the old Wiggins Teape ground in Fairwater. Bloody lovely!