Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHATS MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:07 pm

3 points Saturday or a 2-0 win next Tuesday.

Re: WHATS MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:09 pm

3 points all day everyday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:10 pm

probably a 2-0 win tuesday
we could lose against pompey, but so could all the teams around us so we would be no worse off, however if we beat palace, we have a chance of silverware, possible europe next year, more tv and prize money, more coverage and exposure etc etc

id take both tho :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Next Tuesday,

20 games left after Pompey!!

But saints n hammers to lose would be a bonus!!

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:19 pm

ijs1985 wrote:probably a 2-0 win tuesday
we could lose against pompey, but so could all the teams around us so we would be no worse off, however if we beat palace, we have a chance of silverware, possible europe next year, more tv and prize money, more coverage and exposure etc etc

id take both tho :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Greedy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:19 pm

More important is the 3 points saturday.

What would be my personal preference? I would say Tuesday.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:24 pm

wembley final every time
as someone else has said there are 20 games left to gain points
we have only been to 3 major finals

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Very interesting question.

Wembley = Money(which is very important)
But the league is more important.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Karl wrote:Very interesting question.

Its a bit of a catch 22 situation, we have had the experience of Wembley on 3 occasions but a 4th would be a massive achievement and financially would be huge to. Having said that we are unlikely to win the game if we are successful in getting there, so for that reason only i think that the 3 points Saturday are more important, especially if we are going to stay in touch with the top 2 and to keep the wheels in motion on getting us to the promised land. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:46 pm

I really believe we would have a chance should Liverpool make it.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I really believe we would have a chance should Liverpool make it.

Definitely. Liverpool at the moment seem like they'd let the occasion get to them a bit much while expecting it to be a walk in the park after beating Man City.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I really believe we would have a chance should Liverpool make it.

Ive thought the same to, but realistically they will be firm favourites for a reason, but you never know, having said that we both need to get there first. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:49 pm

nobby wrote:
Karl wrote:Very interesting question.

Its a bit of a catch 22 situation, we have had the experience of Wembley on 3 occasions but a 4th would be a massive achievement and financially would be huge to. Having said that we are unlikely to win the game if we are successful in getting there, so for that reason only i think that the 3 points Saturday are more important, especially if we are going to stay in touch with the top 2 and to keep the wheels in motion on getting us to the promised land. :ayatollah:

I'm gonna have to agree.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:52 pm

nobby wrote:

Ive thought the same to, but realistically they will be firm favourites for a reason, but you never know, having said that we both need to get there first. :ayatollah:

Def firm favs, massive favs.

We are a stubborn team thought and Liverpool can struggle to break down teams.
Like you said would well be a palace v Man city final

Sat def more important but I want a wembley trip, it's been to long

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:22 am

2blue2handle wrote:More important is the 3 points saturday.

What would be my personal preference? I would say Tuesday.

Same for me.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:47 am

getting to the carling cup final could help us to get promoted by providing us with the cash to buy a player....

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:29 am

Tuesday without a doubt. 3 points can come the following week. League Cup Finals and a trip to Wembley come around rarely. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:47 am

i couldnt give a f**k about wembley weve been there 3 times we wont beat man city or liverpool and i would much prefer to go on a 5 match winning league run any day of the week and this is not being negative just league is much more important even if theres 20 games left

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:12 am

If the question was 3 points against southampton or a win on tuesday then I'd go for the three points, but Portsmouth are not our rivals and if we can get some extra cash, publicity, prestige, confidence, experience and whatever else from a trip to wembley then I say that would be more beneficial right now. If it was later in the season I might say different, but there's still a long way to go....

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:36 pm

3 Points...

Very important for us (and MM belief in his methods) that we continue to win at home and take points away, we must keep the momentum going. Any new players will not be motivated by playing in the final as they will be cup tied, but a team breathing down automatic promotion is a motivating factor to move here.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:28 pm

2-0 all day, in the quarters i wouldve said 3 points but now we're so close a trip to Wembley again and decent chance of getting some silverware gets my vote everytime!

And like mentioned there's still a lot of games left to make those 3 points back up :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Tuesday has to be more important.

If we reach the final, we will gain significant extra revenue and more importantly exposure, especially in Malaysia, all of which will help pursuade the Malaysians to loosen the purse strings and get some new players in.

If we get extra cash and therefore, additional players we could end up being better off at the end of the season, than if we win against pompey but lose the semi.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:25 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Next Tuesday,

20 games left after Pompey!!

But saints n hammers to lose would be a bonus!!

:ayatollah:

agree

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:51 pm

3pts every day, the prem comes 1st. Would luv to go to wembley again but every point in this division is priceless come the end of the season, i wouldnt want to lose out by 1 or 2 pts for an auto place :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:01 pm

2-0 win on tuesday and it will probably be one of our all time favorite games :ayatollah: