Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

jay bothroyd

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:35 pm

id take him back in a heart beat. think he did really well for us in the time he spent here . ok he didnt always a great game
lazy here un there but got us goals we needed them.

i dont see him in mark hughes plans. do you think he may be one of the first out the door as he hughes sold him at blackburn.

who on here would like jay back at city????? :P

Re: jay bothroyd

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:37 pm

No Thanks, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm not sure ??

Think Malky could get more out of him but don't think Jay would be the style of player our leader would want ;)

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:43 pm

No thanks.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:52 pm

I think he could loose us more than we would win, ive only seen him briefly this season and he still looks lazy at times.... Hopefully Malky gets someone in...

Saying that I would take anyone to give us a bit of depth and he would be better than earnie.
:ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:06 pm

Would be perfect

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:09 pm

I would like to think with Malky we would get the best out of him, But.....Then again :?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I would like to think with Malky we would get the best out of him, But.....Then again :?

If he could get as much as DJ did he would be a hell of a signing.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Beasty1988 wrote:id take him back in a heart beat. think he did really well for us in the time he spent here . ok he didnt always a great game

i dont see him in mark hughes plans. do you think he may be one of the first out the door as he hughes sold him at blackburn.

If Malky can get him back to his best and get him to pull his weight, like he's got Whitts to up his workrate this season, then a definate yes. Otherwise, no.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Jay - Dim Diolch but Leo Fortune West -YES YES YES!! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:37 pm

You would have thought warnock could have got some fire in his belly. Poor premiership player , simple as that. To be fair he was great for us at times. :geek:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:14 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:37 pm

Jay Bothroyd - a "striker" who spends the majority of time outside the box. That's the frustrating thing about him. He's not the one in the box looking to get on the end of crosses which he should with his size, he prefers to drift wide because he doesn't like physical challenges. He's a fairy, a bottler and his attitude has let us down time and time again. Why anyone would want him back is beyond me?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:39 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Jay Bothroyd - a "striker" who spends the majority of time outside the box. That's the frustrating thing about him. He's not the one in the box looking to get on the end of crosses which he should with his size, he prefers to drift wide because he doesn't like physical challenges. He's a fairy, a bottler and his attitude has let us down time and time again. Why anyone would want him back is beyond me?

Sounds like a good partner for Earnie then :D

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:52 pm

If it was the Bothroyd before the England call up then YES

If after, then no thanks very much

Can Malky sort him out?? I belive he could....but I'd take a while to get my support to be honest as last years f**k up still hurts

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:59 pm

Fantastic player all last season, could be used with Miller or on his own.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:08 am

Beasty1988 wrote:id take him back in a heart beat. think he did really well for us in the time he spent here . ok he didnt always a great game

sorry,but you have a very,very short memory........was it not this w@nker that enjoyed going on the piss,the night before a game

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:25 am

I seriously can't believe any fans want him back. I'd rather we keep our pride thanks.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 am

It doesn't matter what people's opinions are because we cant afford him either way

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:52 am

RFMH wrote:Fantastic player all last season, could be used with Miller or on his own.

Can,t agree with that comment, we never saw him after xmas!!!!

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:54 am

boxerbob wrote:It doesn't matter what people's opinions are because we cant afford him either way

if ppls opinions dont matter we wouldnt have a board nw would we, beacause most posts on here r jst ppl stating there opinions ;)

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 am

Beasty1988 wrote:
boxerbob wrote:It doesn't matter what people's opinions are because we cant afford him either way

if ppls opinions dont matter we wouldnt have a board nw would we, beacause most posts on here r jst ppl stating there opinions ;)

I wasn't slating people's opinions(check my posts as i dont do it)
Im saying i dont think we can afford him :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:11 am

boxerbob wrote:
Beasty1988 wrote:

yea i no that mate no worrys (check my post u want they will make u laugh lol) cant spell and hardly ever make sence me that is :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:12 am

Beasty1988 wrote:
boxerbob wrote:
Beasty1988 wrote:

yea i no that mate no worrys (check my post u want they will make u laugh lol) cant spell and hardly ever make sence me that is :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:55 pm

You can not get away from the fact that he is class at our level. A bit surprised they want rid of him so quickly, they must have a few big signings in the pipeline.
Which Jay would we get, the almost unplayable monster of before his cap or the self indulgent don't want to be here Jay of after ?

I would love the "I'll show them" pumped up Jay looking for a big transfer in the summer.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:33 pm

NO THANKS.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:04 pm

krabb wrote:

sorry,but you have a very,very short memory........was it not this w@nker that enjoyed going on the piss,the night before a game

I think it was well documented that he wasn't drinking.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:10 pm

llan bluebird wrote:You can not get away from the fact that he is class at our level. A bit surprised they want rid of him so quickly, they must have a few big signings in the pipeline.
Which Jay would we get, the almost unplayable monster of before his cap or the self indulgent don't want to be here Jay of after ?

I would love the "I'll show them" pumped up Jay looking for a big transfer in the summer.

You can bet your bottom dollar that Jay Bothroyd, freshly demoted from the Premiership. His
pride hurt, ego dented......

Sulk sulk sulk sulk sulk

Dim diolch :cry:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:12 pm

I'd take him back, I first heard of this on facebook and it said we're also linked Jamie Mackie, i'd take the two of them personally :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:19 pm

No thanks spends too much time on his arse moaning, Has not got the work ethic that Malky would crave i'm afraid.