Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FOREST

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:15 pm

awful side. cant see cotterill lasting much longer.

warnock will be in next.

Re: FOREST

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:17 pm

I feel sorry for McClaren tbh. He joined Forest as part of a triumphant return to English football only for the team to turn out to have lost most of its good players and overachieved the passed few seasons.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Aramore wrote:I feel sorry for McClaren tbh. He joined Forest as part of a triumphant return to English football only for the team to turn out to have lost most of its good players and overachieved the passed few seasons.

i blame him tbh. signed players on the down like greening, reid, boateng. what was he thinking?

no legs in midfield whatsoever.

cotterils trumped it with harewood mind. :lol:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:22 pm

I'd guess that he was a bit naive coming back to the English game after to long out he probably bought on reputation rather than current ability but I still think he thought he'd be able to bring a consistent play off finisher into the top half at the very least.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Mcclaren is an awful manager in my opinion. So glad he didn't come here! And forest they are awful, amazing how things can change with in a season. I remember the game at forest last year where this one dick head was given me abuse constantly! Wonder where this dick head is now? probably doesn't even go to the matches, haha! Don't know why they went for claridge!!

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:25 pm

Aramore wrote:I'd guess that he was a bit naive coming back to the English game after to long out he probably bought on reputation rather than current ability but I still think he thought he'd be able to bring a consistent play off finisher into the top half at the very least.

the players dont seem to give a f**k tbh. not closing down or chasing back. only leicester havent got a finisher this could be embarassing.

on this evidence can see em going down.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Ryan_bluebird wrote:Mcclaren is an awful manager in my opinion. So glad he didn't come here! And forest they are awful, amazing how things can change with in a season. I remember the game at forest last year where this one dick head was given me abuse constantly! Wonder where this dick head is now? probably doesn't even go to the matches, haha! Don't know why they went for claridge!!

cotterill you mean? was a strange one. should have gone for DJ. he would av got them out of this mess.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Coterill's awful. All he does game after game is complain about how his team were much better than the other team and that they were robbed.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Aha yeah don't know why I said claridge! An awful appointment! I couldn't be happier with our appointment though :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Aramore wrote:Coterill's awful. All he does game after game is complain about how his team were much better than the other team and that they were robbed.

you can get aeay with that once or twice but not 10 times in a row. :lol:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:35 pm

polo wrote:
Aramore wrote:Coterill's awful. All he does game after game is complain about how his team were much better than the other team and that they were robbed.

you can get aeay with that once or twice but not 10 times in a row. :lol:

The sad thing is now they've beaten a team he can claim that they are playing well :/

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:57 pm

4-0 now! Beckford hat trick! He must getting the sack now

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:01 pm

warnock could do well there i reckon

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:14 pm

I have no time for SCABS.
Hopefully they will be relegated. :o :o :o

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Hopefully they go for DJ and get him off our wage bill..

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Scabby ,scabby,scabby ,scabby and not famous any more :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Miller time wrote:Hopefully they go for DJ and get him off our wage bill..

you would think any championship club going for a new manager will look no further than neil warnock

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:22 pm

polo wrote:

you would think any championship club going for a new manager will look no further than neil warnock

Depends if he's ready to get back into football, and depends if they have the players to support his sort of football/management.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:05 am

polo wrote:
Aramore wrote:I'd guess that he was a bit naive coming back to the English game after to long out he probably bought on reputation rather than current ability but I still think he thought he'd be able to bring a consistent play off finisher into the top half at the very least.

the players dont seem to give a f**k tbh. not closing down or chasing back. only leicester havent got a finisher this could be embarassing.

on this evidence can see em going down.

Board to blame not McLaren or Cotterill in particular IMHO, as it was they who failed to back Wee Billy Davies when they were on a high. I do think McLaren's sojourn onto Europe may have affected his thinking though :|

(I think this is a 'positive' posting but it will be interesting to see if 'Polo' thinks/accuses me of having another go, as he claims to have 'blocked' my posts :cry: )

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:07 am

Billy Davies is a bottler but he certainly would have kept them up.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:12 am

I don't think any manager can save them at the moment, They just seem to be a sitting duck with no place to go except down. Players don't want it, they just don't seem to play together after the Swansea defeat last year. Whether they can turn it around or not, is going to be a big question. :)

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:36 am

AfanBluebird wrote:I don't think any manager can save them at the moment, They just seem to be a sitting duck with no place to go except down. Players don't want it, they just don't seem to play together after the Swansea defeat last year. Whether they can turn it around or not, is going to be a big question. :)

Just a thought, but doesn't Forests decline just go to show how far Cardiff City have come as a club when we can be up there battling after missing out so closely in recent times?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:04 pm

polo wrote:

If they could afford him. They got less money than Merthyr

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
AfanBluebird wrote:I don't think any manager can save them at the moment, They just seem to be a sitting duck with no place to go except down. Players don't want it, they just don't seem to play together after the Swansea defeat last year. Whether they can turn it around or not, is going to be a big question. :)

Just a thought, but doesn't Forests decline just go to show how far Cardiff City have come as a club when we can be up there battling after missing out so closely in recent times?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think us and Reading are the unluckiest teams in the English football league when it comes to play offs but keep bouncing back and fighting the season after disappointment. I'd rather be in our position right now, rather than Forest. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: