Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Well I'm going to stick my neck out and...

Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:14 am

Go for Spain to win the world cup (LOL)

What's everyone elses feelings???

Re: Well I'm going to stick my neck out and...

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:36 am

CreanyCCFC wrote:Go for Spain to win the world cup (LOL)

Every year Spain look like they are going to be worthy winners then they just flop when it matters, they finally did it in The European championships. I will go for Germany, Brazil, England and Spain in last 4. Shoot me down but I believe England will finally do it, at least I speak my mind .

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Every year Spain look like they are going to be worthy winners then they just flop when it matters, they finally did it in The European championships. I will go for Germany, Brazil, England and Spain in last 4. Shoot me down but I believe England will finally do it, at least I speak my mind .

Yep, they always do it. Well, nearly always lol. Same as Denmark (I think? Have got a crap memory!) in the Euros - they started off like World beaters, then didn't even end up in the quarter finals.

I'm not sure who'll be in the last 4. To be honest I think that England will get to the quarter finals, but am not sure whether they'll go further - they are obviously a good side, although their players tend to be a bit like Spain - i.e. bottling it a bit where it counts. Then again, their manager seems to have toughened them up.

Should be a great World Cup.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:11 am

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yep, they always do it. Well, nearly always lol. Same as Denmark (I think? Have got a crap memory!) in the Euros - they started off like World beaters, then didn't even end up in the quarter finals.

I'm not sure who'll be in the last 4. To be honest I think that England will get to the quarter finals, but am not sure whether they'll go further - they are obviously a good side, although their players tend to be a bit like Spain - i.e. bottling it a bit where it counts. Then again, their manager seems to have toughened them up.

Should be a great World Cup.

I think Spain will do it next year, I said they would win Euro 2008.
I'm sticking by them for the World Cup! :thumbup:
I agree with Annis about the final 4 too, Germany are always there.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:44 am

One reason why I think Spain and that's xavi!!!

England think they can meet Germany in the 1/4's so hopefully they won't do anything. Personally don't think England are good enough.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:14 pm

i think england will win it this time, they've got quality right through the team, they have at last got a manager who is a winner ,cooler playing condicions especially for the night games as it will be winter in south africa get your money on them ;)

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:42 pm

I actually seriously think England will win it.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:46 pm

England will def not win. Most over rated team in world football. If a team play football against them they will go to bits. Well hopefully LOL

Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:08 pm

i will go for england or germany to win.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Im gonna go for Republic of Ireland...... ;)

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:15 pm

got a feeling after everything that has happened that france will win it

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 pm

I think England will do it this time! The squad just gets stronger and stronger! Goalkeeper the only position that lets us down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:12 pm

i must admit i think england can do it............................now to drink a bottle of listerine :D

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:16 pm

I think the Dutch will do well. They have learnt to win ugly. I always felt they tried to score the perfect goal but I sense they want to get the job done with no messing about a lot more recently.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:20 pm

England. I've always thought that, with the players available, all they needed was a decent coach/manager to knit them all together and they would stand an excellent chance of winning.

I just won't buy any national newspapers or watch TV for a while if they do though :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:23 pm

they still havnt let us forget 66 godforbid another one, that will mean all my life i would be reminded of it reminds me about the scene in twitown :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:25 pm

And do you think the 66 references will cease when the WC is on next year? Not bleedin likely! :roll: I my first one on saturday

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:25 pm

ITS COMING HOME! ITS COMING HOME! FOOTBALLS COMING HOME!!!!!! :D We can still dream the dream!!!!!! 8-)

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:26 pm

sam salim wrote:ITS COMING HOME! ITS COMING HOME! FOOTBALLS COMING HOME!!!!!! :D We can still drem the dream!!!!!! 8-)

Drem away then. :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:29 pm

we all do m8! But i would rather have my club team flying high at this moment in time!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:02 pm

portugal! going for an outsider, ronaldo to show hes the best player in the world and not messi

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:44 am

i cant see past spain whatsoever