Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What is the real reason why MM is in Malaysia..?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:54 am

to be fair, im betting the trip didnt cost anything to cardiff city. they wanted malky there in person rather than on a screen..

i bet they flew from london with malaysian airlines, im betting tan and co. have a good relationship with the airline and seats may not even have cost anything.. same for accom.. they could have sponsored the trip.. it does happen a lot.

i went out to abu dhabi in november and ethiad sponsored our trip, we had 15 complimentary flight seats and 8 suites in a hotel in dubai at no expense to the company..

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:34 am

Midfield general wrote:I'm sorry but we are in the middle of a transfer window and a Carling Cup semi final a week tomorrow plus a league game on Saturday. Personally I don't buyt this whole 'checking out the Malaysian academy' story and especially when an Investment Banker comes onto the board.

Personally I think its more to do with a rumour that was put around a few days ago that he's over there to 'beg' them not to sell Whitts.

truth........we dont know :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:00 am

Midfield general wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:
angelis49 wrote:My dear taffyapple,i'ts not just the cost of the flight how about the hotel,its hardly going to be a two star accommodation,in my humble opinion there is no justification for this jaunt, i think Malky should be at his desk on the phone trying to do everything he can to improve his squad

the answer is that discussing tranfers isnt the primary goal of the trip but for malky to have input into the grass roots scheme the malaysians are setting up in cardiff city's name out in malaysia and then no doubt malky will take the opporunity to discuss the first team face to face

This Malaysian academy isn't as things seem. Apparently Kevin Cooper is ready to resign

Do you know why?

Maybe his missus doesnt like the heat, maybe he's been offered a better paid job elsewhere?

I despair of you Daya's pet