Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What is the real reason why MM is in Malaysia..?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:19 am

Adam :ayatollah: - if you are going to plan for the rest of the season....All talks about players to get in should have been done in December (IMO)....It's called thing ahead :!:

So why he has gone out now is anybodys guess...you could/might be right mate - but Whitts wants to stay :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:34 am

Guys, we've 'jumped the gun' and assumed too many times before where the current Board are concerned

How many times have posters stated "nothing is happening and we're doomed" before an anouncement to the contrary appears and suddenly we're all thinking "where did that come from?" and things start to look rosey again?

They (Malky and the Board) have a tradition of saying NOTHING until there is SOMETHING to say; regardless of the speculation stirred up by Media Wales and/or the MB's

The REAL reason for Malky's trip will be known soon enough; although I do agree it is likely that current transfer targets will have been identified well before now. Malky is nothing if not thorough, eh?

No good summising; all will be revealed by better sources than us (although I DO respect Top Cat's information the vast majority of the time ;) ) and hopefully we will all be happy going into the season finale

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:38 am

I agree that all is not what it seams with this situation.

Assuming the trip was planned many months ago, surely Malky would ask for it to be done in the summer when we're not in the middle of a run of games and a transfer window?

I trust Malky though and obviously as well as the academy stuff he'll be using this as an opportunity to speak to TG and Tan about transfers. I don't think he'd be there otherwise.

That's my opinion anyway.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:44 am

I think he is going over to pick up a wife.

You heard it here first.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:56 am

Craig Bellamy was over there in May too , that didnt turn into anything at all did it ..... stuff happens !

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Midfield general wrote:I'm sorry but we are in the middle of a transfer window and a Carling Cup semi final a week tomorrow plus a league game on Saturday. Personally I don't buyt this whole 'checking out the Malaysian academy' story and especially when an Investment Banker comes onto the board.

Personally I think its more to do with a rumour that was put around a few days ago that he's over there to 'beg' them not to sell Whitts.

Shock horror a football manager has a meeting with the owner, during a transfer window :roll:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:36 pm

This week is the official launch of the 1 Malaysia Cardiff City youth league. It is not surprising that the holder of the purse strings (VT) wants the main man (Malky McKay) out in Malaysia to promote it. VT could be in for a healthy pay day (in terms of land aquisitions) if the football acadamies take off big time.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Midfield general wrote:I'm sorry but we are in the middle of a transfer window and a Carling Cup semi final a week tomorrow plus a league game on Saturday. Personally I don't buyt this whole 'checking out the Malaysian academy' story and especially when an Investment Banker comes onto the board.

Personally I think its more to do with a rumour that was put around a few days ago that he's over there to 'beg' them not to sell Whitts.

You would love that wouldnt you just up your street :roll:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:37 pm

This perhaps;

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Home

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Midfield general wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Adam :ayatollah: - if you are going to plan for the rest of the season....All talks about players to get in should have been done in December (IMO)....It's called thing ahead :!:

So why he has gone out now is anybodys guess...you could/might be right mate - but Whitts wants to stay :ayatollah:

Excatly Top Cat, transfer talk would/should have been done much eariler than the second week of the transfer window. :ayatollah:

I said it in another thread 2 days ago MG if thats the case its totally unprofessional for us to wait two weeks in to a window then decide who we want and how much we got to spend ,i also dont see why we are pumping millions in to grass roots over there when its clear for us all to see past and present when does Malaysia ever-produce any good players and we have local areas around wales being ignored on are door step :?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:24 am

Making a mountain out of a molehill is the phrase that springs to mind reading this thread.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:19 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im sorry, but i cant help myself.

You are either the biggest wind up on here.

Or dead from the neck up.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Midfield general wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im sorry, but i cant help myself.

You are either the biggest wind up on here.

Or dead from the neck up.

Sorry Taffyplastic but how many games have you been too this season..?

Now now.

Ive not been to many, as ive struggled to find work. I fly out to Saudi for 2 years on
Friday, so work committments/lack of work/where ive been working etc etc have
had a massive effect on my ability to watch the CLUB I LOVE.

Thats my answer.

Now answer this.

Carl has posted the most positive news the Club has released in quite some time. Last
weeks update re: Vincent Tan backing the Club to the tune of 1.5m a month was also
great news.

Yet you choose to ignore ANY positive vibes around Cardiff City and hone in on yet
ANOTHER ridiculous idea...

Malky trip to Malaysia was booked, and in the Clubs itinery weeks ago. So unless
Tan KNEW he was going to sell Whitts back then, and he KNEW Malky would want
to get on a flight straight away and argue his case over it.....

Ive answered why i dont get to many games. ive been honest, concise, and have even
admitted that ive struggled to eat over the last 18 months ive been so skint.

Will you answer as to why you are so negative and destructive re: Cardiff City, and why
you wont comment on favourable updates but are quick as a flash to shit on Cardiff City's
good name at the slightest rumour that something untoward might be happening?

Go for it!! your not a baby are you? You dont need to answer valid argument by saying
"you dont go to many games" we can start another thread on that.

Answer.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:17 pm

despite the launch of the academy etc.. i also believe he has gone out there to talk transfers..

i personally believe mm was given a strict budget but he is being rebuffed by the clubs whos players he is targeting. i think that he has gone out to see if there is any more available or otherwise he will not be able to strengthen the team due to the fees that clubs are asking...

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:19 pm

Good luck with work in saudi taffy :ayatollah:

A fan is a fan even if you cant make games,im sure you'll still have more of a clue than some of our fans who actually go to games :D

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Clearly Malky bought something in the cosway shop in town amd it broke so he needed a refund.

They refused him one so he's taking it up with the head office.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Aramore wrote:Clearly Malky bought something in the cosway shop in town amd it broke so he needed a refund.

They refused him one so he's taking it up with the head office.

:lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:04 pm

boxerbob wrote:Good luck with work in saudi taffy :ayatollah:

A fan is a fan even if you cant make games,im sure you'll still have more of a clue than some of our fans who actually go to games :D

Nice one mate. Two year contract

MG dont bother me by calling me a plastic .

'back in the day'.. we watched shite week in week out, dropped down divisions quicker
than Imogen Jones on a footballers dick. Put up with all sorts of crap. Woke up in cells,
woke up in parks :lol: :lol: Nothing really mattered. Except Cardiff City. and your mates.
Anyone who has followed City for a number of years will know where im coming from.

Even Sams biggest supporters on here who have a loyalty to him as friends are Cardiff City
first and foremost.

Going by MG's posts, i think he must be either getting brainwashed by someone else's agenda
against Cardiff City. Or he's really not that bright.

Cos after all these months he's not backed up ONE accusation against Cardiff City and its
'imminent demise under the Malaysiam pirates' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:despite the launch of the academy etc.. i also believe he has gone out there to talk transfers..

i personally believe mm was given a strict budget but he is being rebuffed by the clubs whos players he is targeting. i think that he has gone out to see if there is any more available or otherwise he will not be able to strengthen the team due to the fees that clubs are asking...

Definitely. The meetings over there were pre-arranged, but the team is
obviously going to be discussed, and when they ask Malky his opinion on
whats needed... he's going to tell them. I'm just wondering if they've got
a surprise for him too.....

SHOPPING MONEY!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hope so!!!!

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:10 pm

taffyapple wrote:

'back in the day'.. we watched shite week in week out, dropped down divisions quicker
than Imogen Jones on a footballers dick. Put up with all sorts of crap. Woke up in cells,
woke up in parks :lol: :lol: Nothing really mattered. Except Cardiff City. and your mates.
Anyone who has followed City for a number of years will know where im coming from.

Even Sams biggest supporters on here who have a loyalty to him as friends are Cardiff City
first and foremost.

Going by MG's posts, i think he must be either getting brainwashed by someone else's agenda

Cos after all these months he's not backed up ONE accusation against Cardiff City and its

Im still waiting for a realistic answer :lol:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:13 pm

I know I'm getting on a bit and not to ofea with modern technology but i was under the impression we had the ability to video conference with people on the other side of the world,so why was it thought necessary to send Malky plus 2 other board members all the way to Malaysia,i would very much like to know how much this unnecessary trip has cost the club

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:30 pm

angelis49 wrote:I know I'm getting on a bit and not to ofea with modern technology but i was under the impression we had the ability to video conference with people on the other side of the world,so why was it thought necessary to send Malky plus 2 other board members all the way to Malaysia,i would very much like to know how much this unnecessary trip has cost the club

I imagine they weigh up the cost of the flights against the benefits of meeting up
face to face rather than video conferencing. The personal touch versus technology

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:31 pm

taffyapple wrote:
angelis49 wrote:I know I'm getting on a bit and not to ofea with modern technology but i was under the impression we had the ability to video conference with people on the other side of the world,so why was it thought necessary to send Malky plus 2 other board members all the way to Malaysia,i would very much like to know how much this unnecessary trip has cost the club

I imagine they weigh up the cost of the flights against the benefits of meeting up
face to face rather than video conferencing. The personal touch versus technology

Did you just say the malaysians are going to touch Malky in his personal places?! :shock:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:42 pm

boxerbob wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

first and foremost.

Im still waiting for a realistic answer :lol:

He aint got one. We'd have heard it by now.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Aramore wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Did you just say the malaysians are going to touch Malky in his personal places?! :shock:

If he asks me to, Yes!

:lol: :lol:

But I didnt mean Malky and VT, more Malky meeting the coaches and other dignitaries etc

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:46 pm

My dear taffyapple,i'ts not just the cost of the flight how about the hotel,its hardly going to be a two star accommodation,in my humble opinion there is no justification for this jaunt, i think Malky should be at his desk on the phone trying to do everything he can to improve his squad

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:03 pm

angelis49 wrote:My dear taffyapple,i'ts not just the cost of the flight how about the hotel,its hardly going to be a two star accommodation,in my humble opinion there is no justification for this jaunt, i think Malky should be at his desk on the phone trying to do everything he can to improve his squad

Then thats fair enough. Thats your opinion. Its a valid one. I believe Malky
has his targets lined up and is just biding his time.

Nothing this Club seems to do any more is done in a hurry, or in a rush.

But things do seem to be getting done

and we are definitely making progress :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:04 pm

angelis49 wrote:My dear taffyapple,i'ts not just the cost of the flight how about the hotel,its hardly going to be a two star accommodation,in my humble opinion there is no justification for this jaunt, i think Malky should be at his desk on the phone trying to do everything he can to improve his squad

the answer is that discussing tranfers isnt the primary goal of the trip but for malky to have input into the grass roots scheme the malaysians are setting up in cardiff city's name out in malaysia and then no doubt malky will take the opporunity to discuss the first team face to face

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Guys, we've 'jumped the gun' and assumed too many times before where the current Board are concerned

How many times have posters stated "nothing is happening and we're doomed" before an anouncement to the contrary appears and suddenly we're all thinking "where did that come from?" and things start to look rosey again?

They (Malky and the Board) have a tradition of saying NOTHING until there is SOMETHING to say; regardless of the speculation stirred up by Media Wales and/or the MB's

The REAL reason for Malky's trip will be known soon enough; although I do agree it is likely that current transfer targets will have been identified well before now. Malky is nothing if not thorough, eh?

No good summising; all will be revealed by better sources than us (although I DO respect Top Cat's information the vast majority of the time ;) ) and hopefully we will all be happy going into the season finale

Cheers Sevn :ayatollah: - Most of the Good info i got last season was when Annis and Carl were on hols ;)
Must be the first time when the mice were away the Cat would play ;)

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:13 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:Guys, we've 'jumped the gun' and assumed too many times before where the current Board are concerned

Cheers Sevn :ayatollah: - Most of the Good info i got last season was when Annis and Carl were on hols ;)
Must be the first time when the mice were away the Cat would play ;)

No worries. Credit where credit is due, mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: