Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " A NEW DIRECTOR AT CCFC "

Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:56 am

steve davies wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Another one that has no affiliation or care about the City, just someone else that is looking to make money off our backs while there is profit to be made.

can you enlighten me as to where this profit is the malaysians are making at the moment

I cant all I know is that they are not here for the love of the club, dont get me wrong Im delighted they are here but these multi millionaires just dont throw away millions without expecting a handsome return.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:05 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
steve davies wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Another one that has no affiliation or care about the City, just someone else that is looking to make money off our backs while there is profit to be made.

can you enlighten me as to where this profit is the malaysians are making at the moment

I cant all I know is that they are not here for the love of the club, dont get me wrong Im delighted they are here but these multi millionaires just dont throw away millions without expecting a handsome return.

Why begrudge them a profit IF one materialises for them at some point.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:07 am

Richard,

The malaysians must have their own reasons for investing in us, but making millions out of us aint going to happen.

Name me one person/company that has made any money out of a football club in the last 3 years (apart from the Riddler)

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:29 am

Bluethrough wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Why begrudge them a profit IF one materialises for them at some point.

Who's begrudging, I merely pointing out the fact that they are not there for the love of the club and its simply an investment. Thats the difference between me and them as if I was minted Id invest in City for the love of the club and not caring about a return.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 am

POOLERBLUE wrote:Richard,

The malaysians must have their own reasons for investing in us, but making millions out of us aint going to happen.

Name me one person/company that has made any money out of a football club in the last 3 years (apart from the Riddler)

OK, right here go's. Im delighted the Malaysians and Co are here simply because I believe if it wernt for them we'd possibly be doing a Darlington , point Im making is that they are not here for the love of the club, they are 100% businessmen and see the City as a long term investment. Do you honestly believe that the Malaysians will just throw away millions at CCFC without some sort of return whether its short or long term, they didnt get to be multi millionaires by throwing money away.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:02 am

Two things.

There is absolutely no financial gain to be had by Vincent Tan pumping millions
into Cardiff City Football Club just to keep it from going under and then immediately
selling it. If somebody can possibly point out where this billionaire is looking to make
a quick killing, please oh please explain it to me.

Its like somebody spending a fortune on a clapped out Ford Capri, and getting it
roadworthy (not all pimped up and supercharged)... then selling it at face value...
Who the f**k would ever do that?

Dont ask me what his motivation is for taking over the Club. Best guess is probably
that he wants a focal point for his European ventures or something like that.

But for fucks sake, anyone moaning cos he's "not here for the love of Cardiff City"
really does want to get a grip. Who are you expecting to come in and buy the Club
for love??? name me one Cardiff City supporter with the sort of capital to get this
Club into the Premiership and keep it there.

Sam loves the City. I have no doubt of that but we all now know it wasnt his money
he was spending.

Jack Walker at Blackburn was a one off. and look at them now!!! Shit creek being
run from the Kitchen in a curry house

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:32 am

Yeah whatever...........

Can I get this correct what Annis said that our current board are not good for the club........?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:01 pm

taffyapple wrote:Its like somebody spending a fortune on a clapped out Ford Capri, and getting it
roadworthy (not all pimped up and supercharged)... then selling it at face value...
Who the f**k would ever do that?

My uncle! Loved the car, did it a few times during the early-mid 90s.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Cypriot businessman Mehmet Dalman joins Cardiff City board!

CYPRIOT businessman Mehmet Dalman has joined the Cardiff City board.

Dalman, who is in his 50s, is effectively replacing U-jiun Tan, the son for major Malaysian Investor Vince Tan as a director.

U-jiun is pursuing other busines interests, but the change will not affect the club's drive to progress.

Dalman, who was involved with the sale of Manchester United to the Glazer family, is an investment banker and powerful businessman with interests Worldwide.

He was born in Paphos in 1968 and was on the books at Crystal Palace at one stage. He speaks a number of languages.

Dalman looks certain to play a major role in working to help sort out the club's historical debts to Langston and PMG.

Bluebirds' manager Malky Mackay is currently in Malaysia, along with chief executive Alan Whiteley and director Steve Borley, for talks with Vincent Tan and chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee.

Mackay is also helping to promote the 1 Malaysia Cardiff City grassroots football project in the country.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30140052/

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I am being advised and told he is very good for our club and a football man, unlike a lot of the current board. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis wot has he been brought in for? :ayatollah:

Daniel, Carl will tell you in his next update, all good. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

aye good for the club or good for Sam? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Not long back some one mentioned that the Malaysians wanted this club in the premiership by 2013 for a gambling licence reason or to co-incide with a gambling licence being acquired in the far east, for advertising reasons in the UK. Where else is better that the premier league audience? When very rich people own multiple businesses like these guys they need to cross promote, to enhance each and every business venture they explore.

I think (from first instincts) that this new director is even more wealthy than some are led to believe. I also think that his addition to the board is a positive move for the club, and when this co-incides with Malky going out to malaysia, and an open transfer window, I have that gut feeling that something positive is about to happen. but like I said, these are only MY gut feelings.

Personally, I don't see any profit to be made in CCFC stuck in the championship, and the near £100 million reward for being promoted, and wiping our slate clean so to speak is going to be the catalyst for a whole new chapter for CCFC. I think at this stage of the season and our position, and with the current manager and the team spirit he has instilled in our team, (built solely by him) we are much more worth the risk at injecting more money into transfers to secure a very good chance of reaching the promised land of premiership football. Unlike last season where there was alot more uncertainty and no assurance of progression. I believe myself that £4-5 million transfer kitty will see us into the AUTOMATIC promotion places when I look at how this season has evolved (with out going into stats - Leave that for Gary [castleblue] as usual!) some fans, maybe even the majority will probably agree with those figures and possible outcomes? We just have to wait to see if Tan/TG/ new board member are willing to take that risk AGAIN? (albeit this time on a more stable footing)

The Malaysians are forking out over £1million per month (as mentioned on this board) just to keep the club running, they have purchased or provided finance for pitch lighting, undersoil heating, recruiting staff, coaches, scouts & a manager as well as allowing the manager to buy/sign 10 players in recent months all who will be on a very good monthly salary.

To me these are definitely NOT the actions of an owner looking for a quick way out! I see a brighter horizon, and believe that soon the sleeping giant will awake! :ayatollah:

My thoughts/instincts only :D

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:02 pm

Good post Merlin, i feel the same.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:04 pm

Merlin wrote:Not long back some one mentioned that the Malaysians wanted this club in the premiership by 2013 for a gambling licence reason or to co-incide with a gambling licence being acquired in the far east, for advertising reasons in the UK. Where else is better that the premier league audience? When very rich people own multiple businesses like these guys they need to cross promote, to enhance each and every business venture they explore.

I think (from first instincts) that this new director is even more wealthy than some are led to believe. I also think that his addition to the board is a positive move for the club, and when this co-incides with Malky going out to malaysia, and an open transfer window, I have that gut feeling that something positive is about to happen. but like I said, these are only MY gut feelings.

Personally, I don't see any profit to be made in CCFC stuck in the championship, and the near £100 million reward for being promoted, and wiping our slate clean so to speak is going to be the catalyst for a whole new chapter for CCFC. I think at this stage of the season and our position, and with the current manager and the team spirit he has instilled in our team, (built solely by him) we are much more worth the risk at injecting more money into transfers to secure a very good chance of reaching the promised land of premiership football. Unlike last season where there was alot more uncertainty and no assurance of progression. I believe myself that £4-5 million transfer kitty will see us into the AUTOMATIC promotion places when I look at how this season has evolved (with out going into stats - Leave that for Gary [castleblue] as usual!) some fans, maybe even the majority will probably agree with those figures and possible outcomes? We just have to wait to see if Tan/TG/ new board member are willing to take that risk AGAIN? (albeit this time on a more stable footing)

The Malaysians are forking out over £1million per month (as mentioned on this board) just to keep the club running, they have purchased or provided finance for pitch lighting, undersoil heating, recruiting staff, coaches, scouts & a manager as well as allowing the manager to buy/sign 10 players in recent months all who will be on a very good monthly salary.

To me these are definitely NOT the actions of an owner looking for a quick way out! I see a brighter horizon, and believe that soon the sleeping giant will awake! :ayatollah:

VT gaming business is called Ascot Sports which I understand will have a full operational gaming licence is 2013, Tony Blue Williams is pretty much upto speed on that, but I can see Ascot Sports being our shirt sponsor before long and if we get to the PL VT will probably make a small fortune out of this.

I also think this new guy is worth a lot more than many people think and I cannot wait to hear more details from Carl about why he has come on board.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:50 pm

I Do get confused with the financial reports of all contents when it comes to CCFC because I'm more of a Layman's Person Myself, Being that I mostly see things in black and white, Like 13,000 at Ninian when Sam was here was break even, Yet 20 to 24,000attendance at the CCS still needs to be supplemented by a Million Pounds a month, I aint saying thats not true, Im asking why the huge leap in costs?? :old:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Merlin wrote:Not long back some one mentioned that the Malaysians wanted this club in the premiership by 2013 for a gambling licence reason or to co-incide with a gambling licence being acquired in the far east, for advertising reasons in the UK. Where else is better that the premier league audience? When very rich people own multiple businesses like these guys they need to cross promote, to enhance each and every business venture they explore.

This is a very good post and hopefully your thoughts/instincts are correct, personally i think the Malaysians have a huge decision to make which is do they take another gamble and give Malky funds now in the hope we get promoted. I think 3m spent wisely by Malky would guarantee us play offs or possibly top 2 but either way i have faith it would be enough to get us promoted.

Alternatively does VT take the more cautious approach and continue to build our squad up slowly and then take stock in the summer when we can possibly offload some of the dead wood and bring in more quality to have a real crack at Promotion next season?

Being a fan I obviously want VT to release funds to Malky NOW so that we can bring in the 2 or 3 players that could make all the difference however even if i was VT i would be thinking we are currently 3rd in the table just 4 points off top spot with a Manager who has already proven himself in this Division. I would now be thinking will we get a better a chance of promotion and the potential it brings and would then consider 3m to be a sound investment.

Then again I am not VT and do not have his money mores the pity :D but lets hope he's thinking along similar lines :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:I Do get confused with the financial reports of all contents when it comes to CCFC because I'm more of a Layman's Person Myself, Being that I mostly see things in black and white, Like 13,000 at Ninian when Sam was here was break even, Yet 20 to 24,000attendance at the CCS still needs to be supplemented by a Million Pounds a month, I aint saying thats not true, Im asking why the huge leap in costs?? :old:

the reality was that the 13000 to break even was wrong as were still 27 million in debt when at ninian park

Re: A NEW DIRECTOR AT CCFC

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:21 pm

castleblue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City have a new director whose name is Mehmet Talman.

Thought I would let you know.

I've been told this guy, who is a close friend of the Glazers (Man Utd) has sold his shares in Man Utd to come on board at Cardiff City.

Apparently the guy is minted so this is very interesting news. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Jesus,a 20% share in Manu could buy us some players :o

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Midfield general wrote:To be honest I think this guy is a Keith Harris type of guy who has been brought into the club to help the Mayalsians offload. Many of the posters on the other board have similar thoughts to this and I firmly believe (which I have done for a while) that this is the start of something very worrying.

People have mentioned his links with both Sam and the Glaziers and lets be honest those two groups (even through had it not been for Sam we wouldn't be anywhere near the champiosnhip) around a football club are enough to send shivers down anyones spine.

This will be a long process but the Malaysian ownership will be shortlived and god knows who next which 'could' put the club in an even worse financial situation if it has anything to do with more bank borrowing together with much higher borrowing rates than before.

One thing is for sure and thats 'if' I am right then there will be many on here with egg on their faces thats for sure.

You just cant see the wood for the trees can you!!

Vincent Tan stands to make f**k ALL by offloading now. Our assets, Bothroyd, Chopra
Burke.. all went for nothing, our loan players all went back for nothing. Apart from Whitts,
McNaughton, Marshall... what assets has he got to sell off? Everything standing up straight
at Cardiff City right now HE paid for himself.

In effect, if Tan sold Cardiff City off tomorrow, He'll prove to be the best owner we ever had

Because it would mean he very kindly took the Club from the brink of extinction, pumped in
millions to get us into a brilliant position.... then handed over the reins to someone else and
said:

"The Premiership and a £100m beckons, go dip your bread, my work here is done!!"

Make your mind up, is Tan a chancer and a shyster or is he the Caped Crusader :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Cypriot businessman Mehmet Dalman joins Cardiff City board!

CYPRIOT businessman Mehmet Dalman has joined the Cardiff City board.

Dalman, who is in his 50s, is effectively replacing U-jiun Tan, the son for major Malaysian Investor Vince Tan as a director.

U-jiun is pursuing other busines interests, but the change will not affect the club's drive to progress.

Dalman, who was involved with the sale of Manchester United to the Glazer family, is an investment banker and powerful businessman with interests Worldwide.

He was born in Paphos in 1968 and was on the books at Crystal Palace at one stage. He speaks a number of languages.

Dalman looks certain to play a major role in working to help sort out the club's historical debts to Langston and PMG.

Bluebirds' manager Malky Mackay is currently in Malaysia, along with chief executive Alan Whiteley and director Steve Borley, for talks with Vincent Tan and chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee.

Mackay is also helping to promote the 1 Malaysia Cardiff City grassroots football project in the country.

U-jiun resigned from the board 6 months ago , so can't see why this fella would be a replacement.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56841

Also PMG have converted most of their debt to shares, so its a waste of time brining him here to sort that -its already sorted !

Dear, dear walesonline inaccurate and guessing again :?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:12 pm

you have all missed it! he was on the books with palace they rejected him,hes had to wait all these years before they did anything remotely successfull and now its pay back time!invest in the city heavily before tuesday, we smash the cockneys and gets to stand in the directors box laughing like a deranged madman.revenge is a dish best served cold!! :lol:

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:47 pm

To many chiefs not enough Indians springs to mind

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:37 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68249 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:04 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City have a new director whose name is Mehmet Dalman.

Thought I would let you know.

Carlos, I think you have upset Barrie from the club as it is the programme for Saturdays game with Pompey and he wanted to be the first to put it out. :lol: :

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:25 pm

angelis49 wrote:To many chiefs not enough Indians springs to mind

If the chiefs are Tan, Mehmet, and assorted rich people and the
Indians are Malky Mackay and the playing staff i reckon we'll do
just fine.

Far better than having just ONE chief.

Great 'taking paw' Ridsdale, who went to all the reservation meetings
via helicopter and Aston Martin, all paid for with the very same money
that was supposed to pay for rifles and ammunition.

No wonder the West was lost

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:28 pm

taffyapple wrote:
angelis49 wrote:To many chiefs not enough Indians springs to mind

If the chiefs are Tan, Mehmet, and assorted rich people and the
Indians are Malky Mackay and the playing staff i reckon we'll do
just fine.

Far better than having just ONE chief.

Great 'taking paw' Ridsdale, who went to all the reservation meetings
via helicopter and Aston Martin, all paid for with the very same money
that was supposed to pay for rifles and ammunition.

No wonder the West was lost

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:03 pm

steve davies wrote:
Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:I Do get confused with the financial reports of all contents when it comes to CCFC because I'm more of a Layman's Person Myself, Being that I mostly see things in black and white, Like 13,000 at Ninian when Sam was here was break even, Yet 20 to 24,000attendance at the CCS still needs to be supplemented by a Million Pounds a month, I aint saying thats not true, Im asking why the huge leap in costs?? :old:

the reality was that the 13000 to break even was wrong as were still 27 million in debt when at ninian park

I hear You on that point Steve, But we must remember the amount of Players Sam left Us with was not far off that total. :old:

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:
steve davies wrote:

I hear You on that point Steve, But we must remember the amount of Players Sam left Us with was not far off that total. :old:

Really?

Do any facts actually support that claim?

Whilst appreciating that Sam was instrumental in getting the Academy established , which was of great financial benefit to the club , I have never seen anything properly explaining how that claim comes about.

1) who were these players worth £27m?

2) how many of them did Sam sign?

3) when were they sold after Sam left?

4) how much profit did they generate for the club when they were sold?

I am not suggesting there were no player profits made , or that some potential profits were missed such as Ledley and Matthews (although they were both at the club before Sam arrived anyway) just that the claimed figure of £27m of value is grossly overstated.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:45 pm

The arguement about the players worth when Sam left is a pointless one imo. So what if we had £27m worth of players, what could we do, sell them all to pay-off the debt and be left with no players. I've always believed when talking about a football clubs assets, players should not be taken into account.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:55 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:The arguement about the players worth when Sam left is a pointless one imo. So what if we had £27m worth of players, what could we do, sell them all to pay-off the debt and be left with no players. I've always believed when talking about a football clubs assets, players should not be taken into account.

Interesting point Craig.

Like the majority of football clubs , Cardiff City treat their players as assets and write off the cost of signing them over the length of their contract. So someone bought for £2m on a 4 year contract would have their asset value reduced by £500k a year for each of those 4 years and half way through their contract they would only be valued at £1m. The idea of this is so there are no artificial peaks and troughs in the reported profit figures caused by big purchases or big sales to "smooth out" financial results.

Other clubs - and Swansea have traditionally been one of them - simply show the cost of signing a player or the benefit of selling one wholly in the year it happens.