Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " A NEW DIRECTOR AT CCFC "

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:07 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
rsblue wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/epic/enrc/8566952/Profile-Sir-Paul-Judge-and-Mehmet-Dalman.html

Hedge fund. Now where have i heard that before.......

Doh.

Just when I was thinking another step forward. :lol:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City have a new director whose name is Mehmet Talman.

Thought I would let you know.

Sorry Carl, my eyes aren't what they were, but did i just read that You met a Tall man, coz I was talking to you last week and I am tall. ;)

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:08 pm

http://www.hedgeworld.com/open_news/rea ... 16284.html

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:09 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City have a new director whose name is Mehmet Talman.

Thought I would let you know.

This guy is huge in the world of finance, even though he is not short of a few quid, he is not personally minted. He heads a hedge fund company and was involved in the dealings with mufc when the glaziers were negotiating for power.

I think this guy has been appointed to support and negociate the clubs short to long term debs ie, langstone.

Is he involved to find new investors??

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:09 pm

"Mr Dalman is no stranger to corporate dramas"...

Welcome to Cardiff City FC then, the biggest drama of them all! :lol:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:10 pm

much more too come on this , here ewe go with the little titbits at a time , just get it all out in one go, but smart move by carl and annis..to keep the interest in the updates flowing..
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:13 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:was involved in the dealings with mufc when the glaziers were negotiating for power.

As far as I'm concerned that's far from a good thing. The Glazers have angered and shafted a hell of a lot of people with regards to the United takeover and look at that club now. Over half a billion worth of debt and struggling badly in the face of Middle Eastern superiority across the road.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Seems he was on the books of Crystal Palace in his younger days: "What's his background? Mr Dalman is a Turkish Cypriot who was on the books at Crystal Palace FC. However, he ultimately chose education (the London School of Economics) and finance over football..."

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:19 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:was involved in the dealings with mufc when the glaziers were negotiating for power.

As far as I'm concerned that's far from a good thing. The Glazers have angered and shafted a hell of a lot of people with regards to the United takeover and look at that club now. Over half a billion worth of debt and struggling badly in the face of Middle Eastern superiority across the road.

That's why I'm worried, could a possible legal battle with langstone put Cardiff City into possible administration?? I'm serious on this, this guy I brought in by corporation to do the deal, then move on. Hence why he has been director 6 times with different companies, all previous 6 have had either a takeover o have been involved with hedgefunds or investments from known sources.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Please tell us he's going to put in 10million in transfer kitty for jan :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:25 pm

bluebird14 wrote:Please tell us he's going to put in 10million in transfer kitty for jan :ayatollah:

Put simply; he's not.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:26 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

That's why I'm worried, could a possible legal battle with langstone put Cardiff City into possible administration?? I'm serious on this, this guy I brought in by corporation to do the deal, then move on. Hence why he has been director 6 times with different companies, all previous 6 have had either a takeover o have been involved with hedgefunds or investments from known sources.

Well I've heard he is part of The Langston Consortium ;) :D :lol:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:38 pm

I have been an avid supporter of TG and VT, however this appointment worries me.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:41 pm

From Facebook

Andrew Jenkins Jenko he was born in paphos and as worked all over the world in different sorts of credit companys, hope we not goin down that road again.
30 minutes ago · Like

Andrew Jenkins Jenko i thought tan had enough cash without any more on board ?
29 minutes ago · Like

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Interesting development, will have to do some research on him when I have some time in order to give some sort of opinion on his appointment.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:44 pm

one way or the other i feel vincent will have full ownership of Cardiff City before the end of 2012 :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:49 pm

He gets things done on the finances side. Could mean that Tan is going in for the kill with Sam/Langstone or new owners may be in the offing. Either way uncertain times ahead.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Wales No1 wrote:
piroteczz wrote:one way or the other i feel vincent will have full ownership of Cardiff City before the end of 2012 :ayatollah:

No chance, he is corrupt and selling you down the river and I would be worried if I was you lot, he has no interest in football.

Which River???????? TAFF???????? :lol:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:54 pm

recently left the hedge fund called Toscafund to concentrate on other roles ;)

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Wales No1 wrote:
piroteczz wrote:one way or the other i feel vincent will have full ownership of Cardiff City before the end of 2012 :ayatollah:

No chance, he is corrupt and selling you down the river and I would be worried if I was you lot, he has no interest in football.

And you'd know that because?

Bit Petty of you, isn't it?

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:58 pm

his interests in China have grown considerably recently so another with a Far East connection - hmmm - bit of a mover and shaker by the looks - maybe my first hunch was wrong about this geezer - gonna research some more

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:00 pm

ihatealiens wrote:He gets things done on the finances side. Could mean that Tan is going in for the kill with Sam/Langstone or new owners may be in the offing. Either way uncertain times ahead.

Aliens....don't think your far from the truth there.

Even if Tan is in it to make a few quid, we all know he is a shrewd businessman how can he make a profit from the sale as things stand, I think it's impossible.

He don't own enough of the sharehold to automatically control a total buyout, this would not only cost him easy 20-50 million in share sales but he will then have full ownership of this historic debt.

look at Everton, a top 8 premiership club, has a huge fan base, good business trades in Asia and Australia, has only 40 million debt, yet cannot find an investor, yes Goodison Park is dated but....we have a similar debt with very little assets.

I cannot foresee another control battle it's too ar down the line,I think Memet s on Baird to look at th langstone debt, simple as that, he will get a huge bond if he can get rid so to speak, if he can negotiate a buy of for say 15 million, this will make Cardiff pretty much debt free and then very attractive to investors.

At the moment, we are not worth more that 20-30 million max, without this debt.....40-60 million??

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Interesting

Re: A NEW DIRECTOR AT CCFC

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:His name is Mehmet Dalman (sorry Carl)

Tony, thank you, I posted this in a bit of a rush as I was going into a hospital to visit a friend and posted off my phone. I should have doubled checked before submitting :oops:

Schoolboy error :D

Will update with more news later

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:10 pm

interesting article on him here - quite a few years old but ruthless fecker by the sound of things :lol: :lol: :lol: - http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2004/oct/02/7

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:12 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:

At the start of Man City's game tonight, Man Yew were level on points with them.

If that's your definition of "struggling badly"...

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:14 pm

castleblue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
castleblue wrote:
I've been told this guy, who is a close friend of the Glazers (Man Utd) has sold his shares in Man Utd to come on board at Cardiff City.

Apparently the guy is minted so this is very interesting news. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

OK what's the link with Cardiff City? According to his profile he is into gas and oil exploration so we have to wonder what's under CCS ;)

Well there was a lot of hot air when riddler was in charge but then again the ground still froze. Typical Riddler bullshit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was told after Christmas that some ex Man Utd shareholder was selling up to buy into Cardiff City, exciting times ahead I think Tony.

He actually sold his shares in man utd when the glazers came into the club.
I would assume he is going to play a major part because for the last month he was going through the due process with the football league before being announced.
he would hardly have done that if he was going to be a bit player.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Marc wrote:
Marc wrote:Any Info on him Carl :ayatollah:

Not sure I got the right guy but I think he has something to do with ENRC. Are they the ones who have something to do with Spurs?

Cheers Tony :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ....I'm searching for info online, but can't find a lot :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Search Mehmet Dalman that is the name given on the Companies House website as the director appointed on the 10/1/2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehmet_Dalman

He seems to be an investment banker who purchased 20% share in Man Utd 2004 if it is the same Mehmet ?

the very same

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:17 pm

{Tony Blue Williams"]
caerdydd_78 wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

Well I've heard he is part of The Langston Consortium ;) :D :lol:

actually he knows sam quite well :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:19 pm

he is an independant director of ENRC which is listed as a FTSE 100 company (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_N ... orporation) so this guys a big cheese - http://www.enrc.com/en-GB/