Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " A NEW DIRECTOR AT CCFC "

Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:00 pm

I didn't know that, thats a really strange way of doing things. TBH i'd prefer if we followed the Jacks way of showing transfers in their accounts, it seems to me you then have a clearer picture of exactly where you are......then again, what do i know :lol:

Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Another chief brought on board,when are the Indianians going to arrive,at this rate we will have more in the board room than on the pitch

Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:43 pm

angelis49 wrote:Another chief brought on board,when are the Indianians going to arrive,at this rate we will have more in the board room than on the pitch

in fairness they have replaced one chief with another chief just like when they got rid of the riddler they replaced the chief bullshitter with chief sitting bull :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:00 pm

since62 wrote:
Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:
steve davies wrote:
Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:I Do get confused with the financial reports of all contents when it comes to CCFC because I'm more of a Layman's Person Myself, Being that I mostly see things in black and white, Like 13,000 at Ninian when Sam was here was break even, Yet 20 to 24,000attendance at the CCS still needs to be supplemented by a Million Pounds a month, I aint saying thats not true, Im asking why the huge leap in costs?? :old:

the reality was that the 13000 to break even was wrong as were still 27 million in debt when at ninian park

I hear You on that point Steve, But we must remember the amount of Players Sam left Us with was not far off that total. :old:

Really?

Do any facts actually support that claim?

Whilst appreciating that Sam was instrumental in getting the Academy established , which was of great financial benefit to the club , I have never seen anything properly explaining how that claim comes about.

1) who were these players worth £27m?

2) how many of them did Sam sign?

3) when were they sold after Sam left?

4) how much profit did they generate for the club when they were sold?

I am not suggesting there were no player profits made , or that some potential profits were missed such as Ledley and Matthews (although they were both at the club before Sam arrived anyway) just that the claimed figure of £27m of value is grossly overstated.

It matters not if or when Sam was at the Club in overall take of Players value as I'm looking at the situation from Sams takeover till now as Langsdon(Sam) are still pretty much part owners until settlements have been made. However Sam left the Club with Ledley 6M offer from stoke. Mathews 4M + MUTD/ARSNL R McKormack 4M Hull/ of which Leeds have had a 2.5M bid. C Gunter 2M. Still to be replaced Niel Alexandra Free? Ramsey 5M Wenger said He was surprised Cardiff didn't haggle as he would have paid more. Cam Jerome 4M. Bothroyed 2M Everton. Theres 26M Had CCFC NEW what They were doing, Thats 1M short of 27M Apart from all but two Players mentioned above were Sams prodigies :old:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:13 pm

since62 wrote:
steve davies wrote:
Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:I Do get confused with the financial reports of all contents when it comes to CCFC because I'm more of a Layman's Person Myself, Being that I mostly see things in black and white, Like 13,000 at Ninian when Sam was here was break even, Yet 20 to 24,000attendance at the CCS still needs to be supplemented by a Million Pounds a month, I aint saying thats not true, Im asking why the huge leap in costs?? :old:

the reality was that the 13000 to break even was wrong as were still 27 million in debt when at ninian park

I hear You on that point Steve, But we must remember the amount of Players Sam left Us with was not far off that total. :old:

Really?

Whilst appreciating that Sam was instrumental in getting the Academy established , which was of great financial benefit to the club , I have never seen anything properly explaining how that claim comes about.

I am not suggesting there were no player profits made , or that some potential profits were missed such as Ledley and Matthews (although they were both at the club before Sam arrived anyway) just that the claimed figure of £27m of value is grossly overstated.

It matters not if or when Sam was at the Club in overall take of Players value as I'm looking at the situation from Sams takeover till now as Langsdon(Sam) are still pretty much part owners until settlements have been made. However Sam left the Club with Ledley 6M offer from stoke. Mathews 4M + MUTD/ARSNL R McKormack 4M Hull/ of which Leeds have had a 2.5M bid. C Gunter 2M. Still to be replaced Niel Alexandra Free? Ramsey 5M Wenger said He was surprised Cardiff didn't haggle as he would have paid more. Cam Jerome 4M. Bothroyed 2M Everton. Theres 26M Had CCFC NEW what They were doing, Thats 1M short of 27M Apart from all but two Players mentioned above were Sams prodigies :old:

Which of the players you list do you regard as Sam`s prodigies as most were already at the club before Sam arrived? That was the point I was raising , that Sam didn`t create the value in those players.

On the transfer values you quote ,I agree that the club didn`t get proper value for Ledley but think £6m is a bit high (no-one actually offered that much for him) , there is no evidence of a firm offer for Matthews (but he was probably worth about £2m) ,and the £5m offer for Ramsey was taken as it was a cash offer with no deferment at a time when the club was desperate for the cash.I don`t recall any offers for Bothroyd , whose ego meant that he was always likely to let his contract run down so he could get a higher salary from a new club saving on a transfer fee. Chris Gunter went for just over £1m
rather than £2m.

Langstone hold no shares in the club , so I don`t follow your argument that they are part owners. Sam`s company Rudgwick has some shares , but less than 1% of those in issue , so of no influence.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:37 am

since62 wrote:
since62 wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Really?

Which of the players you list do you regard as Sam`s prodigies as most were already at the club before Sam arrived? That was the point I was raising , that Sam didn`t create the value in those players.

On the transfer values you quote ,I agree that the club didn`t get proper value for Ledley but think £6m is a bit high (no-one actually offered that much for him) , there is no evidence of a firm offer for Matthews (but he was probably worth about £2m) ,and the £5m offer for Ramsey was taken as it was a cash offer with no deferment at a time when the club was desperate for the cash.I don`t recall any offers for Bothroyd , whose ego meant that he was always likely to let his contract run down so he could get a higher salary from a new club saving on a transfer fee. Chris Gunter went for just over £1m
rather than £2m.

Langstone hold no shares in the club , so I don`t follow your argument that they are part owners. Sam`s company Rudgwick has some shares , but less than 1% of those in issue , so of no influence.

Exactly: Anyway You look at it, Weather the Players mentioned were here befor Sam or not, What is important is that They (players) were here when Sam left, As for the fees for the mentioned players there media qote's not Mine. Also the behind doors business dealings especially in regards to transfers, or losses on Player revenue/sales...rather, was nothing short of criminal. In regards to Langsdon(Sam) It seem's the Club ( Owners) despite Forensic Accountants assistance are not having to much joy in finding a way or a loop-hole in not having to pay Langsdon which was settled at High Court level, So yes, in affect (Sam/Langsdon) is still very much part Owner. :old: