Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" A NEW DIRECTOR AT CCFC "

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Cardiff City have a new director whose name is Mehmet Dalman.

Thought I would let you know.

Re: A NEW DIRECTOR AT CCFC

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Any Info on him Carl :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Thanks.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Can he play on the wing :lol:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Sounds Turkish? I know one of the fellas down my local kebab shop has a first name Mehmet

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:33 pm

What's the significance of the new director? There must be some reason for taking on a new director.

His name is Mehmet Dalman (sorry Carl)

Yes he is Turkish and wealthy, sounds like a good move

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Carl, are there any implications, or is this a straight forward appointment?

:ayatollah:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Marc wrote:Any Info on him Carl :ayatollah:

Not sure I got the right guy but I think he has something to do with ENRC. Are they the ones who have something to do with Spurs?

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:38 pm

I heard a few weeks ago that a new director with Cypriot or Turkish background was going to join the current directors....should be seen as positive news

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Not sure I got the right guy but I think he has something to do with ENRC. Are they the ones who have something to do with Spurs?

Cheers Tony :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ....I'm searching for info online, but can't find a lot :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Sounds Turkish? I know one of the fellas down my local kebab shop has a first name Mehmet

Thats what they are all called aren't they Tony :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Marc wrote:

Cheers Tony :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ....I'm searching for info online, but can't find a lot :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Search Mehmet Dalman that is the name given on the Companies House website as the director appointed on the 10/1/2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehmet_Dalman

Re: " A NEW DIRECTOR AT CCFC "

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City have a new director whose name is Mehmet Talman.

Much more to follow on this. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City have a new director whose name is Mehmet Talman.

I've been told this guy, who is a close friend of the Glazers (Man Utd) has sold his shares in Man Utd to come on board at Cardiff City.

Apparently the guy is minted so this is very interesting news. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Marc wrote:

Search Mehmet Dalman that is the name given on the Companies House website as the director appointed on the 10/1/2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehmet_Dalman

He seems to be an investment banker who purchased 20% share in Man Utd 2004 if it is the same Mehmet ?

Bowmonster wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Sounds Turkish? I know one of the fellas down my local kebab shop has a first name Mehmet

Bollox you sussed me, I sounded quite clever for at least 4 posts :lol:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Bowmonster wrote:

Bollox you sussed me, I sounded quite clever for at least 4 posts :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:45 pm

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mehmet Dalman (born in Paphos, Cyprus is a British-Turkish Cypriot investment banker. He is a Partner and Executive Vice Chairman at Toscafund Asset Management LLP and serves as an Independent Director at the Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation. Prior to this, he founded the WMG Group in 2004. Between 1997 and 2004, Dalman was the first non-German to sit on the board of the German bank Commerzbank. Before joining Commerzbank, Dalman served as a Managing Director at Deutsche Morgan Grenfell Capital Markets Limited, and Head of Japanese Equities and Equity Derivatives for Asia Pacific. Furthermore, from 1990 to 1995, he served as the Head of European and Japanese Equities at Credit Lyonnais Securities and Head of Quantitative Marketing at The Nikko Securities Europe.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:47 pm

castleblue wrote:
I've been told this guy, who is a close friend of the Glazers (Man Utd) has sold his shares in Man Utd to come on board at Cardiff City.

Apparently the guy is minted so this is very interesting news. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

OK what's the link with Cardiff City? According to his profile he is into gas and oil exploration so we have to wonder what's under CCS ;)

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Any relation of Annis's???

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:49 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote:From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mehmet Dalman (born in Paphos, Cyprus is a British-Turkish Cypriot investment banker. He is a Partner and Executive Vice Chairman at Toscafund Asset Management LLP and serves as an Independent Director at the Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation. Prior to this, he founded the WMG Group in 2004. Between 1997 and 2004, Dalman was the first non-German to sit on the board of the German bank Commerzbank. Before joining Commerzbank, Dalman served as a Managing Director at Deutsche Morgan Grenfell Capital Markets Limited, and Head of Japanese Equities and Equity Derivatives for Asia Pacific. Furthermore, from 1990 to 1995, he served as the Head of European and Japanese Equities at Credit Lyonnais Securities and Head of Quantitative Marketing at The Nikko Securities Europe.

I know the Bank of England do 'Quantitative Easing' i.e. print loads of money to pay off debts. I wonder if MD is here to do the same with Langston :lol:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:55 pm

http://www.efinancialnews.com/story/200 ... his-empire 8 years old info tho

Investment banker, eh?

Not like bankers have been blasted by people on here or anything *whistles*

Souunds positive, let's hope we can get some quality kebab stations in to replace Compass. Then I'll be in heaven.

castleblue wrote:

OK what's the link with Cardiff City? According to his profile he is into gas and oil exploration so we have to wonder what's under CCS ;)

Well there was a lot of hot air when riddler was in charge but then again the ground still froze. Typical Riddler bullshit. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was told after Christmas that some ex Man Utd shareholder was selling up to buy into Cardiff City, exciting times ahead I think Tony.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:57 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... alman.html

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:59 pm

rsblue wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/epic/enrc/8566952/Profile-Sir-Paul-Judge-and-Mehmet-Dalman.html

Hedge fund. Now where have i heard that before.......

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:01 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 63286.html

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:04 pm

His name is an anagram of Helmet Madman (or is it the other way around). This is purely for SBF's info cos he likes this sort of thing. Remember him? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: