Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

hoolie/casual books

Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:22 am

whats the best book about"off the pitch activitys" anyone has read?apart from annis' books of course.

Re: hoolie/casual books

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:39 am

keeta wrote:whats the best book about"off the pitch activitys" anyone has read?apart from annis' books of course.

I rate the latest one by Man Utd, O'Neils latest book, i cant bloody rem the title, Superb read though, Its worth a read.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:12 pm

cheers annis,off on hols the end of the week and im lookin 4 something 2 read.ive read all youres,is there any new "diary of"in the pipeline?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:29 pm

keeta wrote:cheers annis,off on hols the end of the week and im lookin 4 something 2 read.ive read all youres,is there any new "diary of"in the pipeline?

It wasnt just about UTD's Firm, it also showed how their football lads rule the night club scene including David Beckham, Dont forget its his second book, also there is a chapter on Cardiff fans.Amazon sell it and Cardiff Airport.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:57 pm

Tony O'Neil's 2nd book is Men In Black, the first one was Red Army General. I've read the first one, goes back to the 70s, mental scrapping down here, apparently. I remember my cousin telling me about it when I was younger. Baghdad now was a less scary place than the streets of Riverside back then

Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Tony O'Neil's 2nd book is Men In Black, the first one was Red Army General. I've read the first one, goes back to the 70s, mental scrapping down here, apparently. I remember my cousin telling me about it when I was younger. Baghdad now was a less scary place than the streets of Riverside back then

Yes great books both of them I really enjoyed them.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:14 pm

keeta wrote:whats the best book about"off the pitch activitys" anyone has read?apart from annis' books of course.

Man City Young Governors is q.good.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:24 pm

i just finished scally by andy nicholls,thought that was quite good,he gave us a bit of a slating but hes entitled 2 his opinion is suppose.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:31 pm

keeta wrote:i just finished scally by andy nicholls,thought that was quite good,he gave us a bit of a slating but hes entitled 2 his opinion is suppose.

The only reason I dont really like Andy Nicholls is in one of his books he calls Cardiff rent a mob lol.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I rate the latest one by Man Utd, O'Neils latest book, i cant bloody rem the title, Superb read though, Its worth a read.

doesnt Jonathan shoot down the Cardiff tale in "men in black"

Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Humphry's wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

doesnt Jonathan shoot down the Cardiff tale in "men in black"

Yes def mate :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:11 pm

its old a bit of old hat really guys, i cant stand glorifing hooliganism,really pathetic just my opinion :oops:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:53 pm

The Liverpool one was good, a lot about their bunking & surviving, not just rucking, personally thought the manc ones were garbage, but then i would..... :D The Hickey one is good as well, a bit different, although ive spoke to one of the fellas who was cleared at trial & said Hickey did 'expand' a lot of it for the book......

Could tell you what to avoid would be easier, any West Ham ones, the Spurs one, & the Wolves one, the rest are ok....

For the record, the Leeds one is ok, more of a group of mates tales than the 'Inside view of the Service Crew' but worth a read.....

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:59 pm

Andy wrote:The Liverpool one was good, a lot about their bunking & surviving, not just rucking, personally thought the manc ones were garbage, but then i would..... :D The Hickey one is good as well, a bit different, although ive spoke to one of the fellas who was cleared at trial & said Hickey did 'expand' a lot of it for the book......

Could tell you what to avoid would be easier, any West Ham ones, the Spurs one, & the Wolves one, the rest are ok....

For the record, the Leeds one is ok, more of a group of mates tales than the 'Inside view of the Service Crew' but worth a read.....

Yes the Leeds one was an honest account, I know for a fact as I lived up there for over a yr, even though I never liked them lol.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:02 pm

Andy wrote:The Liverpool one was good, a lot about their bunking & surviving, not just rucking, personally thought the manc ones were garbage, but then i would..... :D The Hickey one is good as well, a bit different, although ive spoke to one of the fellas who was cleared at trial & said Hickey did 'expand' a lot of it for the book......

The spurs one is the biggest pile of garbage i've read.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Humphry's wrote:

The spurs one is the biggest pile of garbage i've read.

He has another one coming out in January........... :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Yes the Leeds one was an honest account, I know for a fact as I lived up there for over a yr, even though I never liked them lol.

I read on Brimsons site that a 'major publisher' wants to do another Leeds and another Cardiff book.....you heard anything...???

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:35 pm

Andy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I read on Brimsons site that a 'major publisher' wants to do another Leeds and another Cardiff book.....you heard anything...???

Funny enough Brimson contacted me on facebook last week asking if I wanted to, I said no as I am in the middle of 3 other different kinds of books.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Christ Annis, Shakespeare was less prolific than you in writing books :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:43 pm

i'm 1/4 of away through a fictional book im writing about the life of a jack the lad who gets in with the wrong crowd and well i wont say anymore in case my missus reads it and says it shit and i bin it :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Tony rivers' book is good..
there is also a fiction book about the old firm derby.. its called "divided city", worth a read