Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jamie Mackie

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:45 pm

http://www.squeakybumtime.com/premiersh ... ghes-snub/

QPR winger Jamie Mackie has reportedly been told by new manager Mark Hughes that he is surplus to requirements at the club.

Mackie, who played an instrumental part in QPR’s promotion to the Premier League last season, has struggled to hit those heights this season and many, including Hughes, are not confident of him having the ability required to become a fully-fledged Premier League performer.

Despite Hughes saying everyone at the club is working of a clean slate, he already is well aware where the weaknesses in the squad lie and is planning on shipping out at least five players before the window is up – as long as he can bring in his own players to replace them.

Along with the Scottish international, Akos Buzsaky, Jay Bothroyd, Matthew Connolly and DJ Campbell have all been told they are to find another club.

This has attracted plenty of interest from clubs in the Championship, especially for the hard-working Mackie, whose never-say-die attitude suits his game very well at that level.

The former Plymouth Argyle man signed for Rangers at the end of the 2010 season and became an instant hit with the Loftus Road faithful, scoring eight goals in his first seven games.

His good form continued but then suffered a broken leg in January which kept him out for the remainder of the season. He was thrust back into the fold by Warnock this season in the Premier League and has shown great application but has struggled to find the ability.

Bluebirds boss Malkay Mackay has been tracking the winger for a couple of months already and even reportedly tabled a bid for the winger while former manager Neil Warnock was in charge.

That was rejected but a similar bid around the £1.5m mark would probably be deemed as acceptable to Hughes and chairman Tony Fernandes.

What do you guys think of this?

I for one would be happy, Scottish international who has played alongside Craig Conway, Don Cowie, David Marshall, Kevin McNaughton and Kenny Miller. Scorer of Goals and has Bags of Potential.

Re: Jamie Mackie

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Played 90mins today against Newcastle.

JAMIE MACKIE SET FOR BLUEBIRDS ?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:57 pm

QPR winger Jamie Mackie has reportedly been told by new manager Mark Hughes that he is surplus to requirements at the club.

Mackie, who played an instrumental part in QPR’s promotion to the Premier League last season, has struggled to hit those heights this season and many, including Hughes, are not confident of him having the ability required to become a fully-fledged Premier League performer.

Despite Hughes saying everyone at the club is working of a clean slate, he already is well aware where the weaknesses in the squad lie and is planning on shipping out at least five players before the window is up – as long as he can bring in his own players to replace them.

Along with the Scottish international, Akos Buzsaky, Jay Bothroyd, Matthew Connolly and DJ Campbell have all been told they are to find another club.

This has attracted plenty of interest from clubs in the Championship, especially for the hard-working Mackie, whose never-say-die attitude suits his game very well at that level.

The former Plymouth Argyle man signed for Rangers at the end of the 2010 season and became an instant hit with the Loftus Road faithful, scoring eight goals in his first seven games.

His good form continued but then suffered a broken leg in January which kept him out for the remainder of the season. He was thrust back into the fold by Warnock this season in the Premier League and has shown great application but has struggled to find the ability.

Bluebirds boss Malkay Mackay has been tracking the winger for a couple of months already and even reportedly tabled a bid for the winger while former manager Neil Warnock was in charge.

That was rejected but a similar bid around the £1.5m mark would probably be deemed as acceptable to Hughes and chairman Tony Fernandes.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Bothroyd will be pissed :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:16 pm

What about tommy smith? :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:57 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:What about tommy smith? :ayatollah:

here here

Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:59 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:What about tommy smith? :ayatollah:

Came onto the pitch on 64mins

I should think once Hughes brings in a few players he will looks to lose those subs.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:08 pm

If we could get him then yes yes yes yes get him. He's awesome, persoanlly I think he's been one of Qpr's best players. Tommy smith and mackie. Id be very happy

Jamie Mackie set for Cardiff!

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Sorry if posted;

Re: Jamie Mackie set for Cardiff!

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Don Cowie wrote:Sorry if posted;

I hope this is true would love him to sign for us along with a pacey winger & I would be happy!! Did your thread just get deleted ?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:37 pm

brewer918 wrote:

I hope this is true would love him to sign for us along with a pacey winger & I would be happy!! Did your thread just get deleted ?

You have just quoted it and its right above you, how on earth can you ask if its been deleted :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:06 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

You have just quoted it and its right above you, how on earth can you ask if its been deleted :lol:

That's not what I meant! I refreshed the page & saw a topic by don cowie bit it wouldn't let me open it! So that's why asked the question, could have been a totally different post / info !

I also asked if his thread got deleted not his post!

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Mackie and a winger I'd be happy :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Seen him and Miller warming up against cyprus in the international friendley having banter and seem like good mates.
Considering they both scored on the night i bet he would love to come here mainly because of Miller. If hes not cut out premier league hed be great at here. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:26 pm

brewer918 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

That's not what I meant! I refreshed the page & saw a topic by don cowie bit it wouldn't let me open it! So that's why asked the question, could have been a totally different post / info !

I also asked if his thread got deleted not his post!

Oh I see, it was merged with all the others who have posted the same link.
Nothing deleted