Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Ray Wilkins just stated on Sky about Newcastle.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:51 pm

I think it could easily be said about most clubs.

I MM wants to freshen it up why doesn't he play some of Kiss, Mcphail, Conway?? All used in successful city teams earlier in the season.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think it could easily be said about most clubs.

I MM wants to freshen it up why doesn't he play some of Kiss, Mcphail, Conway?? All used in successful city teams earlier in the season.

exactly maybe it's just a thing of changing the squad around a bit perhaps reverting back to a 4-5-1 formation with Conway and McPhail/Kiss coming in for Ralls and Mason but Malky knows best (hopefully :lol: ) :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:58 pm

I have to say Ray Wilkins is a complete idiot.

"that player should just get up and deal with the foul."
"his manager won't be impressed he is just sitting on the floor, he should get up"
Player them carried off on a stretcher and subbed :roll:

Midfield general wrote:To be honest Macphil isn't even championship standard anymore.

Totally disagree, in home games rather than away I think he has given us that extra edge and I would certainly start him at the CCS.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:01 pm

No I'm talking about this season

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Midfield general wrote:To be honest Macphil isn't even championship standard anymore.

Completely disagree as not only does he have the quality required he also has bags of experience and thats something we will need later in the season.

He also allows Whitts to play further up the field and again that is invaluable. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Midfield general wrote:We've been carrying Macphil for about 3/4 years!!!

Well we will have to disagree but in home games I believe he is just what we need.

I know someone who will agree with you on here tho :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:58 pm

MG I knew I was right about you :ayatollah:

You are quite right as long ago as the Cup Final he was a passenger in our midfield. His contribution to CCFC is a complete myth and my undying memory of him is his assist to Lee Bowyer at Birmingham.

Under Jones' rigid 4-4-2 we were completely bullied out of the midfield battle because McPhail took his job description as a central-midfielder literally and he never moved outside of the centre-circle either to defend or attack.

That's why game after game we were overrun in midfield as opposition teams came flooding through at will. It was so bloody obvious but that idiot Jones refused to do anything about it.

I'm sorry there is no circumstance whatsoever that McPhail can contribute to a Malky McKay side and the sooner the manager learns that and offloads, the sooner we can move on and get some decent midfield reinforcements.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Well we will have to disagree but in home games I believe he is just what we need.

See above ;)

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

See above ;)

:lol: :lol: I was waiting :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:02 pm

stop talking SHIT