Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dean Windass

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:45 am

http://www.people.co.uk/2012/01/15/form ... Ew.twitter Best wishes to dean and hope he gets through it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Dean Windass

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:19 pm

boo f*cking hoo hes depressed because he cannot fill his time

try living on the bread line and see what real depression is you big f*cking baby

if he really wanted to end it he could. just going public to get a job.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:25 pm

polo wrote:boo f*cking hoo hes depressed because he cannot fill his time

try living on the bread line and see what real depression is you big f*cking baby

Depression affects anyone regardless of what you earn or do and it doesn't even care about your family either. It's an illness which many people ignore like yourself.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:29 pm

piroteczz wrote:

Depression affects anyone regardless of what you earn or do and it doesn't even care about your family either. It's an illness which many people ignore like yourself.

dont try and tell me what it is or isnt as ive suffered from and beat myself.

windass is a pissed up idiot feeling sorry for himself
Last edited by polo on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:29 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:http://www.people.co.uk/2012/01/15/former-premiership-star-dean-windass-reveals-he-tried-to-kill-himself-twice-as-he-battled-depression-102039-23699493/#.TxIciCjFxEw.twitter Best wishes to dean and hope he gets through it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's a really difficult situation. As someone who has issues with depression (nervous breakdown 14 years ago) caused by work related stress i can empathise with most who are feeling down. To me though it seems that Windass's problems are caused by his boozing-alcohol is a depressant and can make you feel really good or really shit. He needs to sort his boozing out which will hopefully sort his depression out.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:33 pm

polo wrote:
piroteczz wrote:

Well done you then!

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:39 pm

Don't be such a tw*t. You have no idea how different things effect different people and how they cope when situations change.

It's easy for us to sit back and say they have had an easy life but football is all they know. Do you think Gary Speed was a big baby for taking his own life?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:39 pm

piroteczz wrote:
polo wrote:
piroteczz wrote:

Well done you then!

beating depression is nothing to be proud of.

my family deserve the plaudits for putting up with the dark times.

i beat it with the help of citalopram and telling myself depression is a selfish state of mind and looked at the positive things in life like the love of my kids.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:40 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:

Don't be such a tw*t. You have no idea how different things effect different people and how they cope when situations change.

It's easy for us to sit back and say they have had an easy life but football is all they know. Do you think Gary Speed was a big baby for taking his own life?

and leaving his kids without a dad?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:48 pm

polo wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:

and leaving his kids without a dad?

Granted I agree with you on that one but who knows what went through his head when he took that decision, we can only speculate.

By the way well done for battling depression in the past, I have no idea what it must be like but from reading about it it's a hard thing to battle, but people deal with it in different ways.