Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

drug addiction

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:55 am

What is the difference between drug habit and drug addiction? we obviously all know what drug addiction is. - you can't function properly without a drug. Your body and mind are so used to it, you need to use it regularly to feel good. However, whats the difference between that and drug habit?

Re: drug addiction

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:09 am

id say drug habit was someone who took drugs but didnt nee them every day

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:00 pm

very relevant to cardiff city :P

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:03 pm

I'd say habit is more recreational than addiction, just on weekend for example

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:I'd say habit is more recreational than addiction, just on weekend for example

everyone i know has a drug habit then :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:07 pm

polo wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:I'd say habit is more recreational than addiction, just on weekend for example

:lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:08 pm

polo wrote:

:lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:43 pm

First thing I would say is.....Alcohol is a Drug too, if you want to find out if you use drugs, or the drugs use you, then stop for 90 days....and you will get the answer.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:01 pm

brick1964 wrote:First thing I would say is.....Alcohol is a Drug too, if you want to find out if you use drugs, or the drugs use you, then stop for 90 days....and you will get the answer.

u can go 90 days without doing coke but not 90 without a beer. no chance.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Midfield general wrote:3 months was the most I went without a beer and found life boring as hell to be honest

Think how crap my life must be then, I haven't had a drink for nearly 21 years :shock: :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Midfield general wrote:3 months was the most I went without a beer and found life boring as hell to be honest

Think how crap my life must be then, I haven't had a drink for nearly 21 years :shock: :lol:

fecking hell if you hate mcphail that much sober youd probably murder him if you were pissed :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:31 pm

polo wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

fecking hell if you hate mcphail that much sober youd probably murder him if you were pissed :lol:

Actually being sober might explain why I hate McPhail so much because those who are between tipsy and pissed are more likely to be persuaded that he really is the Championship's version of Lionel Messi....

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:47 pm

addiction is a disease. Uncontrollable and can only be arrested through treatment. The difference between an addict and someone with a habit is habits can be broken. An addict has a mental and physical reaction to drugs where they pass the point of being able to control the amount they take and the ability to stay off drugs when they do stop

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Midfield general wrote:The difference between the two is the difference between two people, one has self control and the other has none.

So someone addicted to alcohol or drugs just needs self control to stop is that what you are saying?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:30 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
Midfield general wrote:The difference between the two is the difference between two people, one has self control and the other has none.

So someone addicted to alcohol or drugs just needs self control to stop is that what you are saying?

some self respect wouldnt go amiss either

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:32 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:

I dont think thats what he meant mate :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:43 pm

polo wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:

Do you honestly think people are born and their dream is to be addicted to drink or drugs? In my experience people who are addicted would love to stop,however after years of using whatever it is difficult for them people usually they are using drink or drugs to mask/hide some traumatic event in their life. It nullifys the pain

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:46 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
polo wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:

Do you honestly think people are born and their dream is to be addicted to drink or drugs? In my experience people who are addicted would love to stop,however after years of using whatever it is difficult for them people usually they are using drink or drugs to mask/hide some traumatic event in their life. It nullifys the pain

get in the real world.

most addicts are life losers and a drain on society

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:48 pm

polo wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:

quite a narrow minded comment really.. Like splott said, people dont see that they might end up dirty filthy smackheads, homeless with no one or nothing when they first try certain drugs.. Usually experimental and become addicted.. Others can take drugs once and leave it at that.. Has nothing to do with will power or self control whatsoever.. Addicts have a disease and an allergy towards drugs.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:50 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:
polo wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:

quite a narrow minded comment really.. Like splott said, people dont see that they might end up dirty filthy smackheads, homeless with no one or nothing when they first try certain drugs.. Usually experimental and become addicted.. Others can take drugs once and leave it at that.. Has nothing to do with will power or self control whatsoever.. Addicts have a disease and an allergy towards drugs.

people like you who try and make out its not their fault are part of the problem.

i cant stand this pc culture weve created wherby theres always an excuse for people who do wrong
Last edited by polo on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:50 pm

polo wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:
polo wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:

get in the real world.

most addicts are life losers and a drain on society

I am currently working with soldiers who were serving in Iraq and Afghanistan who are suffering with PTSD and are addicted to drink and drugs, are you saying they are life's losers?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:53 pm

i said 'most' didnt i.

soldiers fair enough. i take your point.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:58 pm

polo wrote:
JonnieBlue wrote:
polo wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:

people like you who try and make out its not their fault are part of the problem.

i cant stand this pc culture weve created wherby theres always an excuse for people who do wrong

its got f**k all to do with being politically correct. Again narrow minded.. My feelings here come from being one of these "lifes losers" as you call them/us.. I was addicted to crack, heroin, alcohol and anything else i could get inside me.. I've been clean for over 8 years since leaving rehab...I come from a good family, am educated yet once i get drink or drugs inside me I havent the power to stop.. I help other like myself and own my own business.. Its a miracle im still here.. You wanna blame someone blame the people that bring it into the country, blame the dealers and the government. Addicts are at the end of the line in a global epidemic.. What addicts do is terrible, th way they live , the crimes all of it, however u ask any addict if they'd rather be in the gutter or be clean with a nice house, good job, and without the need to get up every morning dying and i wonder what answer you'd get

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:01 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:
polo wrote:
JonnieBlue wrote:
polo wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:

Totally agree mate glad you have recovered and turned your life around. Respect :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

its got f**k all to do with being politically correct. Again narrow minded.. My feelings here come from being one of these "lifes losers" as you call them/us.. I was addicted to crack, heroin, alcohol and anything else i could get inside me.. I've been clean for over 8 years since leaving rehab...I come from a good family, am educated yet once i get drink or drugs inside me I havent the power to stop.. I help other like myself and own my own business.. Its a miracle im still here.. You wanna blame someone blame the people that bring it into the country, blame the dealers and the government. Addicts are at the end of the line in a global epidemic.. What addicts do is terrible, th way they live , the crimes all of it, however u ask any addict if they'd rather be in the gutter or be clean with a nice house, good job, and without the need to get up every morning dying and i wonder what answer you'd get

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:05 pm

cheers mate, im not excusing the things I've done or the things addicts do. I was a low down dirty scummy b*stard i admit that. All im saying is that wasnt the life I mapped out for myself.. I tried summin once and it took my life away because i couldnt stop

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:05 pm

so the next time i read about an old woman getting mugged so some dirty little c.nt can get his fix you expect me to feel sorry for him?

'oh its not his fault he has an allergy'

get a grip. just cos you beat it, which i applaud, it doesnt mean the majority are not losers.

stop making excuses for them.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:09 pm

polo wrote:so the next time i read about an old woman getting mugged so some dirty little c.nt can get his fix you expect me to feel sorry for him?

get a grip. just cos you beat it, which i applaud, it doesnt mean the majority are not losers.

no the cunts should be locked away or smacked f**k out of i agree with you... All im saying is theres a bigger picture.. There are doctors, nurses, lawyers and people across every walk of life addicted to drugs. People should pay for the shit they do, I had to and always will live with the consequences.. A;ll im sayin is a lot of these people start out decent people, good jobs, familys etc

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:11 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:
polo wrote:so the next time i read about an old woman getting mugged so some dirty little c.nt can get his fix you expect me to feel sorry for him?

no the cunts should be locked away or smacked f**k out of i agree with you... All im saying is theres a bigger picture.. There are doctors, nurses, lawyers and people across every walk of life addicted to drugs. People should pay for the shit they do, I had to and always will live with the consequences.. A;ll im sayin is a lot of these people start out decent people, good jobs, familys etc

So polo do you drink?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:16 pm

only on weekends now and i have taken drugs for 20 years but im not addicted to either.

i have a gambling problem but thats MY problen to sort. not looking to blame the bookies.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:22 pm

polo wrote:only on weekends now and i have taken drugs for 20 years but im not addicted to either.

i have a gambling problem but thats MY problen to sort. not looking to blame the bookies.

Well look at the statistics of what drinking costs in real terms, the effect on nurses etc in A&E every weekend, the violence involved on them. Not a case of blaming people its looking at why people are addicted.