Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JOE RALLS - PREMIERSHIP INTEREST

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:54 am

Cardiff City's 18-year-old left winger Joe Ralls is being watched by Premier League clubs.

The Sunday Mirror says scouts from seven Premier League clubs watched ­Cardiff’s Carling Cup semi-final first leg at Crystal ­Palace last Tuesday.

They were watching the Welsh side’s exciting winger Joe Ralls.

Scouts from Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and ­Arsenal were there.

Re: JOE RALLS - PREMIERSHIP INTEREST

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:11 am

Inevitable, really. Joe's been playing well, they wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't scout every decent 18 year old who's broken into the first team of a club :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:22 am

this has some what suprised me Carl, as not seen him play that well yet. However I did miss the Reading home game.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:24 am

Not a bad game for the Prem scouts to check him out as he had his worst game in a City shirt.

With a bit of luck they were put off and won't bother us again. ;)

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:34 am

I don't think hes anywhere near Prem level. I would rather Conway starting the next 2 home games,
Ralls is a prospect, but that don't necceseraly mean he will fulfil his potential. Any silly offer and id consider selling, especially if it means theres better chance of keeping Whitts

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:38 am

cecilccfc wrote:this has some what suprised me Carl, as not seen him play that well yet. However I did miss the Reading home game.

Cecil, Ralls and Mason were superb against Reading and who can forget Ralls Championship debut away to Hull.

As much as both are talented and prospects we cannot rely on these two players week in week out, the need for strength in depth is evident.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:40 am

Double G wrote:I don't think hes anywhere near Prem level. I would rather Conway starting the next 2 home games,
Ralls is a prospect, but that don't necceseraly mean he will fulfil his potential. Any silly offer and id consider selling, especially if it means theres better chance of keeping Whitts

Definitely not sell him, he has a huge future ahead if him and it is very important we keep the future of the club ie.Ralls and Mason at the club.

Let's get rid of the fringe players and reduce the wage bill.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:42 am

I agree with you in a way Carl, but lets not forget, the club are heavily in debt and need money coming in. All im saying is, id rather sell potentially good players than the proven good players we allready have

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:43 am

I also believe that these scouts was there for Zaha for Palace. Now that boy has a huge future

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:48 am

Double G wrote:I agree with you in a way Carl, but lets not forget, the club are heavily in debt and need money coming in. All im saying is, id rather sell potentially good players than the proven good players we allready have

Not for me, who knows what worth Ralls could be.

Are you happy we sold Ramsey to keep the 'proven' players we had at the time, I for one am not.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:01 am

Cmon Carl, you can't compare ramsey to ralls.
Ramsey was a world class talent and I believe if he started the cup final then the result would have been different.
Ralls at the moment is average at best
I couldn't imagine how good Rambo would have been now if he didn't get the injury. He would be another few years developed. Some Arsenal fans are allready saying he's theirplayer of the year allready, where are Ralls isn't even our best young player

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:11 am

I know for a fact that this is bollocks

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:14 am

Double G wrote:Cmon Carl, you can't compare ramsey to ralls.
Ramsey was a world class talent and I believe if he started the cup final then the result would have been different.
Ralls at the moment is average at best
I couldn't imagine how good Rambo would have been now if he didn't get the injury. He would be another few years developed. Some Arsenal fans are allready saying he's theirplayer of the year allready, where are Ralls isn't even our best young player

Gareth I am not comparing Ralls to Ramsey, I am comparing the situation you highlight, you say you would sell Ralls over a proven player, I am asking were you happy to sell a young up and coming prospect in Aaron Ramsey over a proven player.

And when you say Ralls is average at best, why would you then think that Prem teams are looking at him. Don't you think these Prem teams have better than this average player already in their ranks?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:16 am

Midfield general wrote:To be honest if the money could be used for a couple of new faces then I'd sell

Not for me Adam.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:19 am

Are we building or selling at the first bit of interest to cover us in the short term.

We have to keep the young prospects and not lose our future.

Most were up in arms when the club lost Matthews and Ledley, now some want to sell a prospect like Ralls for short term gain.

We have to keep building, that means holding on to the likes of Ralls, Mason etc and buy young, hungry players to continue building for the future.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:21 am

Who's to say that they wernt there to assess Whittingham, I have a notion that we are most likely to have to sell to bring in new faces which of course defeats the whole object.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:24 am

Sell him I say. Won't miss him like we would Whitts for example.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:35 am

ffs wrote:I know for a fact that this is bollocks

Which part of this is bollocks then numnuts

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 53597.html

Leading contender for stupidest post of the day already :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:38 am

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City's 18-year-old left winger Joe Ralls is being watched by Premier League clubs.

The Sunday Mirror says scouts from seven Premier League clubs watched ­Cardiff’s Carling Cup semi-final first leg at Crystal ­Palace last Tuesday.

They were watching the Welsh side’s exciting winger Joe Ralls.

Scouts from Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and ­Arsenal were there.

Carl

Joe looks an excellent prospect to me. He must not be sold IMHO unless it's a ridiculous offer. Which is unlikely at this time. We need to keep these young players.

IMWT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:09 pm

since when was he a winger? :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:13 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Double G wrote:I agree with you in a way Carl, but lets not forget, the club are heavily in debt and need money coming in. All im saying is, id rather sell potentially good players than the proven good players we allready have

Are you happy we sold Ramsey to keep the 'proven' players we had at the time, I for one am not.

Selling ramsey paid riddlers wages and bonus. :twisted:

We need rid of the likes of Quinn, Gypes and Keinan who are probably on a combined figure of between 15 and 20k a week rather than a kiddie on relatively low wages.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:18 pm

We should only sell our fringe players January because if we don't go up this year then we will have a strong platform to build from in the summer. Next season mAlky will get us up automatically if this is the case

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Selling ramsey paid riddlers wages and bonus. :twisted:

We need rid of the likes of Quinn, Gypes and Keinan who are probably on a combined figure of between 15 and 20k a week rather than a kiddie on relatively low wages.

But if they offer big cash on his potential which they might as money is nothing to the Premiership teams it's worth it. Yes Ralls looks a tidy player with a big upside but so did Lee Jarman and I bet we wish we had sold him when the teams were sniffing around. He hasn't actually done anything of note yet and is merely potential at the moment.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:35 pm

We shouldn't sell any stars of the future, not yet anyway!

I agree with Carl and Luke - ship out the dead wood ASAP and free up wages to possibly bring in 1 or 2 quality loans, as well as the odd permanent signing.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:44 pm

Could be a bit of a story out of nothing. Plenty of big clubs often send their scouts to monitor players in the lower leagues, I like Ralls and think he has a good future ahead of him but he is far from ready for the step up yet.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Not a surprise at all. Hopefully he stays though.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Problem is it is almost impossible to shift dead wood, especially dead wood on Jones/Ridsdale wages. I believe we won't get rid of most of the fringe players mentioned until their contracts run out. If the owners do want to wait until dead wood is shifted before enlarging the squad then we will have to wait until the summer.

I think bids for Ralls or whittingham are completely unrelated to having money to spend this transfer window. As has been explained money from transfers would probably be paid in stages and have to be used to pay existing obligations. So any money we spend has to come out of the owners pocket. I would never have trusted jones with money, it was a bit ridiculous when we brought in chopra, Marshall, gerrard, hudson etc and spent about £5m a couple of summers ago. However malky has made me a believer and I think he could do wonders with a similar amount of money.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Merlin wrote:We shouldn't sell any stars of the future, not yet anyway!

I agree with Carl and Luke - ship out the dead wood ASAP and free up wages to possibly bring in 1 or 2 quality loans, as well as the odd permanent signing.

It's all very well saying ship out the dead wood - how exactly?

There haven't been bids made for those we'd be looking to offload. To get rid, we'd have to pay off their contracts, or rely upon those players accepting a lesser sum to terminate the contract. I've no problem with players refusing to do so because, like the sums involved or not, agree with the contracts the club offered, that's not the players fault.

The club has been run on the never never for far too long, people expecting others to put their hands in their pockets to subsidise. The club has to, medium to long term, become self sufficient.

If that means we have to sell players like Whitts, Ralls, then so be it. What is encouraging for me is that unlike previous regimes, we're not willing to sell at a pittance.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:Are we building or selling at the first bit of interest to cover us in the short term.

Most were up in arms when the club lost Matthews and Ledley, now some want to sell a prospect like Ralls for short term gain.

We have to keep building, that means holding on to the likes of Ralls, Mason etc and buy young, hungry players to continue building for the future.

I would look at it this way, it looks so far Malky hasnt really got much to play with this month, selling Ralls could fund the winger and striker we desperately need to get us promoted.

Not ideal but might need to take a step back to go two steps forward?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:27 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Are we building or selling at the first bit of interest to cover us in the short term.

I would look at it this way, it looks so far Malky hasnt really got much to play with this month, selling Ralls could fund the winger and striker we desperately need to get us promoted.

Not ideal but might need to take a step back to go two steps forward?

We are not going to get over 3.5m for him so all money would go to Ray Ranson so wouldnt help at all