Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MALKY FLYING TO MALAYSIA TOMORROW "

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Tomorrow Malky will fly out to Malaysia and the reason for his trip to Malaysia is to look at the 1 Malaysia Cardiff City grassroots football project being headed up by ex-Bluebirds player Kevin Cooper.

Alan Whiteley and Steve Borley will also fly with Malky and they will meet with TG to discuss targets for this transfer window.

It is unclear whether the party will meet Vincent Tan also but it has been suggested that Tan will meet Malky and the rest of the team.

Hopefully Malky will convince VT to release funds to provide strength to our squad.

Malky was whisked away straight after the game at Doncaster into a waiting car, which was shared with Steve Borley and Alan Whiteley.

Re: " MALKY FLYING TO MALAYSIA TOMORROW "

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Dave Jones managed to persuade them, they virtually gave him a pot of gold and he fucked it up.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dave Jones managed to persuade them, they virtually gave him a pot of gold and he fucked it up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dave Jones managed to persuade them, they virtually gave him a pot of gold and he fucked it up.

yest the malaysians thought there was a pot of premiership gold at the end of dave jones rainbow but as you and i both knew annis the only thing at the end of dave jones's rainbow was bungle and zippy :lol:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Hopefully they will back him and will here good news tomorow! :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Great to see Malky going out there to see 1MCC project. :ayatollah:

With regards to talking transfer targets - I thought there were funds already available to Malky?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:07 pm

Maybe they won't want to make the same mistake again then!? This is my worry, but the money malky's talking really is pennies to Tan, so I hope he can convince him.... (or TG) great to see Malky flying over there for the grass roots too though ;(

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:10 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote: I thought there were funds already available to Malky?

There is but it does not mean MM can go out and buy without consent....it is how the Malaysians do business.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Merlin wrote:Maybe they won't want to make the same mistake again then!? This is my worry, but the money malky's talking really is pennies to Tan, so I hope he can convince him.... (or TG) great to see Malky flying over there for the grass roots too though ;(

They wont make the same mistake that is why they got rid of Jones.

They have put faith in MM and he has delivered on a very small....well hardly spent anything has he. The Malaysians really have no choice but to back him and all they are asking is that protocols are followed.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:21 pm

steve davies wrote:

yest the malaysians thought there was a pot of premiership gold at the end of dave jones rainbow but as you and i both knew annis the only thing at the end of dave jones's rainbow was bungle and zippy :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Steve
I reckon Malky might persuade them to give him a bit extra. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:48 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:
With regards to talking transfer targets - I thought there were funds already available to Malky?

The way I'm reading it is there is money avaiable but MM is on a mission to get quite a bit more...

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Hopefully Malky will convince VT to release funds to provide strength to our squad.

I thought they had already released funds to strenghten in this transfer winndow :?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:25 pm

canton blue wrote:Hopefully Malky will convince VT to release funds to provide strength to our squad.

I thought they had already released funds to strenghten in this transfer winndow :?

Only my opinion, I don't think there were enough funds for who Malky wanted.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:29 pm

it would help if we beat palace :old:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:49 pm

stickywicket wrote:it would help if we beat palace :old:

Def in my opinion. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:51 pm

Someone on the other board said he's going to beg them not to sale whittingham :roll:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Malky looked proper fustrated and pissed off after todays game wen sat in car. ope we can bring some bodies in, we looked so so jaded today. great battling by all today :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:59 pm

stickywicket wrote:it would help if we beat palace :old:

And if we strengthen we can , a few players and a bulldozer should do it to break down their ten man defence they'll put up :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Anyone who has Cardiff City player will know that this trip has been planed for a while now.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
canton blue wrote:Hopefully Malky will convince VT to release funds to provide strength to our squad.

I agree with this... a good example is noone, maybe we thought we could get him for say 500k but we are looking close to a mil.. seems to be the story with most players targets..

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:52 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree with this... a good example is noone, maybe we thought we could get him for say 500k but we are looking close to a mil.. seems to be the story with most players targets..

Lets hope Malky works his magic with the Malaysians. Surely they can see how hard Malky and the team has worked so far this season with a cup final looming over us and a top 3 position.

C'MON THE MALAYSIANS (BLOOOOBIRDS) support Malky and the Club!

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:12 am

you do get the feeling that if malky does get the money he wants he will get the right players in to benifit the current team.

everybody says judge us by exmas ,so here we are then 3rd in the table and a cup semi final due to be played again.

The home support just keeps going up and up,so in my eyes if they dont back him now they never will.

going to be very interesting to see what happens but you have to strike while the iron is hot we are 3rd in the table so they need splash the cash.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:28 am

carlccfc wrote:Tomorrow Malky will fly out to Malaysia and the reason for his trip to Malaysia is to look at the 1 Malaysia Cardiff City grassroots football project being headed up by ex-Bluebirds player Kevin Cooper.

Alan Whiteley and Steve Borley will also fly with Malky and they will meet with TG to discuss targets for this transfer window.

It is unclear whether the party will meet Vincent Tan also but it has been suggested that Tan will meet Malky and the rest of the team.

Malky was whisked away straight after the game at Doncaster into a waiting car, which was shared with Steve Borley and Alan Whiteley.

Great news carl about the grassroots setup but shouldnt things like (transfer targets / money availiable) be done before the transfer window opens after all 2weeks have past us and now hes only going to find out whats on the table to him?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:36 am

carlccfc wrote:Tomorrow Malky will fly out to Malaysia and the reason for his trip to Malaysia is to look at the 1 Malaysia Cardiff City grassroots football project being headed up by ex-Bluebirds player Kevin Cooper.

To be honest I think this meeting should of been done before January. Malkay might have Already lost out on 1/2 of his targets

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:38 am

bluebird1977 wrote:

Great news carl about the grassroots setup but shouldnt things like (transfer targets / money availiable) be done before the transfer window opens after all 2weeks have past us and now hes only going to find out whats on the table to him?

This exercise has been planned for a long time, Malky will use this opportunity to push for more funds.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:46 am

Push for more? What exactly has Malky got available? And why didn't the club offer the early ST ticket scheme again? (genuinely) didn't it raise £3m last year?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:06 am

Merlin wrote:Push for more? What exactly has Malky got available? And why didn't the club offer the early ST ticket scheme again? (genuinely) didn't it raise £3m last year?

Just my opinion but I think season tickets will be on sale again soon. Last season they went on sale on the 1st February so they can't be far away.

The Golden Ticket Scheme did raise about £3m in 2010 but it was wasted paying Ridsdale and all for about 2 months only. Last year ST sales must have brought in at least £5m and probably nearer £6m if you include half-season tickets.

In fairness to the Malaysians they seem to be running a far better ship and quite rightly wouldn't want to waste a golden egg like ST revenues on a gamble which has never worked in the past.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:23 am

I am hoping Malky says he wants a certain player/players and that it
will take him over budget, but they trust him, see the bigger picture
and give him more money.

I'm praying actually.

But wont moan if they dont, even though i'll feel like a moan :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:29 am

carlccfc wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

This exercise has been planned for a long time, Malky will use this opportunity to push for more funds.

Yea i understand that carl but my point is should MM and his behind the scenes team know what we have before a window opens/closes ect to play with also like you said theres other things on the agenda to talk about while out there that people dont think about that goes on within the club i get that to but the main point is i can not uderstand why only now he wants more funds when we are 2weeks in to a window as im sure theres 20 players hes been watching or scouting for months he would like to sign but as we all know cash is king :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:34 am

taffyapple wrote:I am hoping Malky says he wants a certain player/players and that it
will take him over budget, but they trust him, see the bigger picture
and give him more money.

I'm praying actually.

But wont moan if they dont, even though i'll feel like a moan :lol: :lol:

Maybe taffy but if they dont give him the backing funds now for the push in the position we are in at the moment then when will they?? I think now is the time as i can not see us climbing anymore in the league without more faces thats a cert im sure of.This will test to see what the owners intensions are in my eyes eitherway if we dont get anything bar the odd freebie in as fans we will be there but praying they back him as theres no better time to or we shall face a slip down the table slowly im sure that :ayatollah: