Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Doncaster's last 3 home games before today:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Doncaster's last 3 home games have been:

Southampton - won 1-0
Leicester - won 2-1
Barnsley - won 2-0

Today we played a team in difficult conditions who have won their last 3 home games. We didn't play well, but Doncaster made it very difficult for us and we still kept a clean sheet and battled away to win a point. The majority seem down as we failed to win against a team 23rd in the league, but look at Doncaster's last 3 home results and reflect. Was it really that bad of a result today?

Re: Doncaster's last 3 home games before today:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Of course its not but it gives people an excuse to moan so let them enjoy it. Id hate to see what some people would be like if we really were struggling

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Of course its not but it gives people an excuse to moan so let them enjoy it. Id hate to see what some people would be like if we really were struggling

Could you imagine if we were in Forest's position?? The board would be going into moan overdrive!!!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Stavross wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Of course its not but it gives people an excuse to moan so let them enjoy it. Id hate to see what some people would be like if we really were struggling

Could you imagine if we were in Forest's position?? The board would be going into moan overdrive!!!

Exactly! None of us expected to be 3rd at this stage of the season. Malky has worked miracles to get us where we are. A draw away from home against any team in the division is a good result. But some people think we should win every game and draws away from home still aren't good enough. Like you say, if we were Forest fans the forums would be going into meltdown!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:12 pm

I am moaning Luke as I want those extra players :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

So do I Annis :lol:
But only if we have the money, I dont want to see us in financial trouble again under PR, HMRC at our doors month upon month trying to close us.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:15 pm

From what I gather it was a solid point earned. A point is better than none after all. However not being able to beat bottom sides has been our downfall under the DJ era too. My feeling is this cup, which is great we are one game away from another final at wembley which will probably put a few quid in our club. However it would be a lot better to get promotion as that would put a load more cash in our coffers. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but I feel this cup run could be out undoing in the league. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

thats all i want quite glad we picked up a point today obviously prefered 3 but thats life :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:45 pm

today was a dissapointing result but not a bad result :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Our players were tired after Tuesday's effort. Otherwise we would have beaten them.
Look at some of the other results today:
Spurs only draw at home with Wolves. Why? Knackered after playing midweek.
Liverpool draw at home to Stoke. Why? Knackered after their midweek game v Man City.
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT 100% EFFORT INTO TWO GAMES IN A WEEK.
Thankfully, we have a full week before Portsmouth Saturday.
But if everybody plays 90 mins for that game, how good can we be the following Tuesday?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:47 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Doncaster's last 3 home games have been:

Southampton - won 1-0
Leicester - won 2-1
Barnsley - won 2-0

Today we played a team in difficult conditions who have won their last 3 home games. We didn't play well, but Doncaster made it very difficult for us and we still kept a clean sheet and battled away to win a point. The majority seem down as we failed to win against a team 23rd in the league, but look at Doncaster's last 3 home results and reflect. Was it really that bad of a result today?

Just watched the highlights on fl show,from what i saw we should be happy with a point.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:59 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Doncaster's last 3 home games have been:

Southampton - won 1-0
Leicester - won 2-1
Barnsley - won 2-0

I didnt realise that.

We have come up against a lot of teams lately and put their winning
runs to an end. By the end of the season this could well prove to be
an important point gained and not two points lost

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:03 am

loads of moaning and i havent seen bluebird77 and MG online yet :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:10 am

It's a well known fact that there's no easy games in the Championship, expecting us to steamroller teams at the lower end of the league is crazy, any team can and do beat any other team on a regular basis in this league.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:44 am

its always been difficult up in Doncaster for last 3 or 4 seasons. with our current squad - a battling point is good enough.

The trouble is, this squad has over achieved and set the premier league taste buds going again.

W Ham win games like this but then again - anyonecan get points off anyone so, although id love us to win every game and was initially very dissapointed, on reflection its a good point earned.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:31 pm

Top half teams will still go to the keep moat this season and lose! You can bet your arse on that - so in that sense they will do us a favour.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:17 pm

We were utter crap like we have been for a number of games this year only we didn't win (which covers up some of our other poor performances) If we can't be the likes of Cov or Doncaster we haven't got a pray of going up automatically
One of the worst away games I've watched in a number of years, the only good points was the laugh with lads and girls on the supporters bus and that we didn't lose the game , other than that it was sit and showed how the Club needs a new striker and some-one with pace in the Midfield

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:26 pm

smilebit wrote:We were utter crap like we have been for a number of games this year only we didn't win (which covers up some of our other poor performances) If we can't be the likes of Cov or Doncaster we haven't got a pray of going up automatically
One of the worst away games I've watched in a number of years, the only good points was the laugh with lads and girls on the supporters bus and that we didn't lose the game , other than that it was sit and showed how the Club needs a new striker and some-one with pace in the Midfield

I suppose Southampton don't have a hope in getting promoted then as they lost away to Doncaster and we were lucky to beat Southampton, West Ham and do the double over Reading, amongst other good teams we have beaten already this season then? The difference is when we play poor this season, more often than not we still have the character to battle and grind out a result, unlike last seasons gutless bottlers. That is why we are 3rd!

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:27 pm

smilebit wrote:We were utter crap like we have been for a number of games this year only we didn't win (which covers up some of our other poor performances) If we can't be the likes of Cov or Doncaster we haven't got a pray of going up automatically

Two things here chap:

1. Southampton lost to Doncaster....are they not going up then.....not many teams will be going to Doncaster and coming away with anything for the rest of the season.

2. Good luahg on the supporters bus...is that the official supporters bus because if it is I'm struggling to believe that statement.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:14 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
I suppose Southampton don't have a hope in getting promoted then as they lost away to Doncaster and we were lucky to beat Southampton, West Ham and do the double over Reading, amongst other good teams we have beaten already this season then? The difference is when we play poor this season, more often than not we still have the character to battle and grind out a result, unlike last seasons gutless bottlers. That is why we are 3rd!

Well we were poor for most of the game against West Ham and lucked out with a win at the death and no-one then cares about the performance, we played very well against Reading for the whole match and that was very impressive But against the likes of Nott's and Doncaster we were dire , we lucked out at Forest (where for most ofthe match were poor) not so lucky against Doncaster and we need to start turning Draws in to wins Miller seriously needs help up front and the Team need some pace on the Wings , it clear as day to see . That Doncaster performance was one of the worst displays I've seen for the boys in a long time with next to nothing to cheer next to no shots on goal, so sparks, no creativity hardly any shots on goal... so bad one ever cheers the appearance of McPhail -and that's when you know things are dire :lol:

is that the official supporters bus because if it is I'm struggling to believe that statement.

LOL. I never travel on the official supports bus

The difference is when we play poor this season, more often than not we still have the character to battle and grind out a result
Yes I will agree on that